Football's a funny game- especially when St.Kilda play Freo

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

VietNam_Saint
Club Player

my opinion is that the AFL the right thing on Sirengate.

If it was St Kilda that had been robbed by the siren going and the rabbits not hearing it , I think I would be quite upset.

What will be next from this club ?
matrix
Saintsational Legend

stop being nice and logical.... lol

Richter
SS Life Member

VietNam_Saint wrote:my opinion is that the AFL the right thing on Sirengate.

If it was St Kilda that had been robbed by the siren going and the rabbits not hearing it , I think I would be quite upset.
I agree with this. And I think it would have shown more class if GT and our club at the time had said so straight away.

However, the "Whispers in the Sky" thing was also a disgrace. As Casey Scorp and desertsaint say has the smell of corruption all over it.

Because of it I continue to doubt the Umpire fraternity's commitment to fairness. Sad as respect for them is vital. However, respect once forfeited needs to be earnt back.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
gringo
Saintsational Legend

At least BJ has realized that you need to bow at the feet of small white maggot gods and has started getting a fairer run from them.

They have favorites (N.Riewoldt) that seem to get frees without giving them away and players they slaughter like Bakes.

The umps also seem have a perception that some players are malicious when there is an accidental clash and for others it is purely incidental contact.

Whispers in the sky was a blessing in my house as I had been trying to push the idea of an umpire led conspiracy to my wife for years and for one week I looked like I wasn't a bitter, paranoid fool.

yipper
SS Life Member

Richter wrote:
VietNam_Saint wrote:my opinion is that the AFL the right thing on Sirengate.

I agree with this. And I think it would have shown more class if GT and our club at the time had said so straight away.

However, the "Whispers in the Sky" thing was also a disgrace. As Casey Scorp and desertsaint say has the smell of corruption all over it.

Because of it I continue to doubt the Umpire fraternity's commitment to fairness. Sad as respect for them is vital. However, respect once forfeited needs to be earnt back.
A dark day in the history of the AFL / VFL - no doubt an act of corruption occurred from official AFL umpires. Not surprising the AFL investigation cleared them otherwise the ramifications would have been enormous and probably catastrophic for the AFL and in particular the umpiring dept. The credibility of umpires would have been questioned every time a game had lopsided free kick counts etc. No, it was best for the AFL to have that one put to bed quickly - hence, no case to answer. It certainly helped that the main independant witness was out of the country whilst they "investigated" the allegations. Hmmm. Yeah, right.

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
Darren
Club Player

clarky449 wrote:Does Matthew head still umpire?
Retired after the end of last years season :p