BREAKING NEWS...and not good :-( X - ACL injury)

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:Should have been playing in the fkning seniors.....

This is bulls***.

for once we are in full agreement..... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

saintluke wrote:Poor guy,

Hopefully his recovery goes smooth with no complications. Does anyone know how much longer he has on his current contract?

Best of luck X!

he was only on a one year contract .....

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Just got back from the game, and was near X when he went down.

Chased down from behind by Skipper, and immediately as he went down clutched the left knee, could see straight away it didn't look good.

He was hobbled off by trainers and got a bit of work with comparisons between movement in both knees, then got iced up and left the ground on crutches.

While he was being tended to on the bench, the look on his face was just of pure devastation.

:cry:

Let's hope it's not as bad as we think, but the strong word from the rooms was an ACL and season ending...

Sainterman
Club Player

clarky449 wrote:Sainterman i think it is career over
Fair enough but:

- he has not even had scans yet
- how old is he? 25?
- been a great clubman, and shown at times what he could be
- isn't it better to support your club and players rather than just call it career over and be quite so dismissive?!

saintluke
Club Player

I was hoping he was on a contract longer than 1 year. That way we could see him through this injury.

Any confirmed reports regarding the severity of the injury yet? Haven't been able to find them on the regular news sources.

kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

Pretty poor form by posters dancing on X's grave.

In the AFL they usually wait for a scan on the knee before declaring an ACL. Obviously they have better doctors in the VFL who can make an immediate diagnosis.

If it is an ACL, I hope X gets back in the red white and black as soon as possible.

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Sainterman wrote:
Fair enough but:

- how old is he? 25?
- isn't it better to support your club and players rather than just call it career over and be quite so dismissive?!
Mate i will support him and hope for the best but i cant see it happening i just hope i get proved 100% wrong

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
Sainterman
Club Player

clarky449 wrote:
Sainterman wrote:
Fair enough but:

- how old is he? 25?
Mate i will support him and hope for the best but i cant see it happening i just hope i get proved 100% wrong
Yeah, just hard to find the words "career over" as all that supportive.

Anyway, all the best in your recovery from Sainterman X!

stinger
Saintsational Legend

gutted for him.......he will be back though....

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

He's definitely in trouble now. I think Lyon just wanted him to string a couple of months of footy together to get some decent conditioning before coming back into the seniors, so it wouldn't surprise me if we kept him. If Lyon sees him as best 22 then I think he'll keep his spot (especially since he can be replaced with a rookie if he's out for the first half of 2010).

But then again, with such an enormous injury-toll, his body might just not be capable of being a senior AFL footballer. They'll probably wait and see what his recovery is like before making a decision.

To the top
SS Life Member

You come onto this site looking for some discussion on St Kilda and, just perhaps, to read something of interest that has not been reported in the mass media.

Unfortunately this site also attracts some who do not have any idea of football or what you look for to distinguish a good player at AFL level from a Division 4 Metro League player - because some Division 4 Metro League players look good at that level, obviously.

X. Clarke, along with his brother, is a class AFL footballer.

In terms of injuries, football being the game it is, injuries happen.

That is why the depth of your list is of such importance - because players WILL get injured.

Some will suffer season ending injuries - and we do not have the results of the scans on X's knee yet - so fingers crossed.

The major advancement from 35 years ago is that the recovery rate from knee reconstructions is at near 100%.

35 years ago, it was not only season ending but usually career ending, including because the mechanics of the knee never became the same again after surgery.

Pace was lost, evasion skills were lost and strength was lost.

Look at Barrie Robran.

Those calling an end to X's career at St Kilda and, indeed, in the AFL should restrict their comments to something they can actually comment on with knowledge and, therefore, with a level of authority.

And football and footballers are most obviously subjects they should not be commenting on.

derby Street
Club Player

I cannot believe some so called saints supporters lack of compassion about X's major injury. On this forum I regularly see the best and the WORST of some people :shock: All the best X.

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

I just want to get this out, i would love, as would everyone, to see clarke back, but i just cant see him coming back from this injury

saintly_safes
Club Player

I'm really gutted for him , he had so much potential :cry: I think this might be the straw that broke the camels back.I doubt if he will come back from this at this stage of his career but i genuinely wish him all the best in what ever happens from here on

kaos theory
Club Player

I can't believe some of the garbage written here by some saying his career is over. :roll:

He is 24/25, a classy player who was building some good form and conditioning, and would have probably played a key role in the second half of the season.

Was Lenny's career over when he did his knee?

Was BJ's career over when he did his knee?

Was Harvs career over when he did his knee?

How do you people get up in the morning and do anything constructive with your lives? I know saints supporters are a negative lot, but this is rediculous.
Last edited by kaos theory on Sat 02 May 2009 8:51pm, edited 2 times in total.

Bowey Boy
Club Player

An ACL injury is completely unrelated to all of his past injury issues (me thinks). Whatever the outcome, this should be analysed in isolation from past injury concerns. Can anyone remember what the Saints Latin motto is?????

PS

Please await medical advice before making harsh comments!!.....and then don't make em even then !!

"I think, 'You kick a footy mate, you kick a footy. It's not like you've got a cure for cancer. You kick a footy, stop thinking you are so special'." - Samantha Black
SuperSaint
Club Player

With a bit of luck, it might be like his 2004 knee injury at Kardinia Park against Geelong. He went down with what looked like a very serious knee injury and it was later shown to be a badly jarred knee, so I hope it is the same for his sake.

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

It is just that he keep getting injured, its not fair for him, i know this is different to all the other injurys, but it is just bad luck that this has happen at this point in time, when he looked to be getting some good football into him.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Good Luck Xavier-- I along with many await your return, when you will prove your skill and style ARE good enough..

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti23 wrote:Pretty poor form by posters dancing on X's grave.

In the AFL they usually wait for a scan on the knee before declaring an ACL. Obviously they have better doctors in the VFL who can make an immediate diagnosis.

If it is an ACL, I hope X gets back in the red white and black as soon as possible.
Pretty sure the Saints medical staff would have been there today, they were at Sandy a couple of weeks ago against Casey.

I'm sure Xavier will be able to overcome this setback.

To all of the so called Saints supporters that say he should have been traded while he had some worth, all I can say is, F*** off and find some other team to support.

Footy may be a cutthroat game and a business these days, but all players on the list need to be treated with respect.

Prove them all wrong X.
Last edited by Bernard Shakey on Sat 02 May 2009 11:41pm, edited 1 time in total.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
claystreet
Club Player

Unfortunately this site also attracts some who do not have any idea of football or what you look for to distinguish a good player at AFL level from a Division 4 Metro League player - because some Division 4 Metro League players look good at that level, obviously.

X. Clarke, along with his brother, is a class AFL footballer.

In terms of injuries, football being the game it is, injuries happen.

That is why the depth of your list is of such importance - because players WILL get injured.

Some will suffer season ending injuries
This post has been an absolute revelation, never in my wildest dreams would i have thought that a footballer would get injured let alone that the Clarkes play AFL :shock:
Back to looking at Div 4 Metro for me maybe they dont have injuries :roll:

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

honestly a ACL is bad but he will get it fixed have time in rehab nd come back .... the fact is its not his body leting him down this time yes the knee is part of the body but its not like a conditioning injury so from where i sit the bloke has ticked all the boxes asked of him hes trained hard gone into the ressys and played solidly and been on the verge of breaking into the team the knee is a set back but lets put it this way at the very worse he is worth a spot in the top 40 players on our list even with the knee he wouldnt be in our bottom 6 players if anything this knee injury more then likly locks him to us but maybe a bit lower in the pecking order now. you delist players whith no upside not players like X

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
To the top
SS Life Member

Clay Street, I would suggest that pinning the tail on a donkey is a more appropriate pursuit for you.

You would, obviously, be the donkey.

I would suggest that, given the tenure of your postings on X. Clarke on this thread, no sporting club, let alone any football club, would want you in any way associated with them.

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Doesn't seem fair at all does it? Whilst technically it is not a career ending injury, the question will be how he manages another 12 months in rehab. I'm pretty sure I'd be less than enthusiastic. I hope, for the sake of the young man in question, that whatever happens is the best option for him.

claystreet
Club Player

To the top wrote:Clay Street, I would suggest that pinning the tail on a donkey is a more appropriate pursuit for you.

You would, obviously, be the donkey.

I would suggest that, given the tenure of your postings on X. Clarke on this thread, no sporting club, let alone any football club, would want you in any way associated with them.
Read my post where do i say get rid of X? what is wrong with my tenure please please inform me with all your worldly wisdom and knowledge of injuries and football in general ?? Funny that today and most Saturdays or Sundays i was working as a coach for an Aussie Rules football team, so it boils down to the fact you know 11/10th of jacko about what i do and or with whom or whom will accept me for what. I have been a loyal Saint since 1960 you grubby little man how dare you come on here with some pretense that your holier than thou.

:roll: :roll: :roll: