Where are these guys

Who picked the Mods?? not having a go just wondering...

Milton66

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:g'day guys

i would assume if judson hasnt been posting he is banned

looks like milton66 is one of the few that aren't deluded...welcome
Why thank you kind sir!

It's one of those places where you observe and you want to join, and think, nah why bother?

Now that the waters are calmer, it's worth joining in. If it turns ugly, then bye bye.

I've already been made welcome by Stinger. Such a beautiful soul, that one.

water - duck - back.

My only wish is that people are going to be banned, then the mods should be consistant. some of the language is disturbing for kids.

Then again, I'm a bit of a fuddy duddy.

Fox was funny. Really knew how to wind people up and then sit back and watch the forum implode.

Judson was funny too. Until some one took a shot at him. Then look out. :lol:

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?

Re: Where are these guys

GrumpyOne wrote:
One is not allowed to be critical of the mods on this forum.
Lol.

Amazing statement.

Given numerous times you have without sanction or censoring. There have been numerous threads on the general forum or main board about locking threads, etc etc none of those have been deleted, or posters banned as a result.

You have criticised the mods on several occasions as is your right, and so have a lot of other people.

Wonder why you would make a statement that you know for a fact is not true. :wink:
Last edited by HarveysDeciple on Sat 23 May 2009 10:41am, edited 1 time in total.

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:
aussierules0k wrote:
Winmar wrote:It's funny how supporters fight with each other. I didn't go on Bigfooty for about 4 years because I couldn't stand the arrogant crap opposition fans would post. This place should be a haven from all that!
Used to be just that Winmar. We had warriers like Fireman and joffaboy fighting the good fight over there at BF, then they'd come here for the 'haven" as you beautifully put it.

Since then, SS has fallen into a quagmire of egos jostling for position.
Posting anything these days is risking a possible attack by some poster or 5 and you could be explaining or defending a position for days.

Posters who question the club like rodgerfox were once just adding to the discussion, now they are hounded into early retirement.

I mentioned this trend to a guy who posts on nicks pie forum, he said the same thing has happened there too. It seems arrogant crap posts is a trend across the boards/world. Why? Big question.
We're all used to this internet thingy now and we can be agro?
Umm, the world is getting nastier?

Interesting.
too many kids are on here, too many souls that can't take it that the club isn't perfect and that zac dawson is only going to be as good as the players he has around him

one on one he is below average and i fear that one of brown and bradshaw could tear him a new one

as my avatar suggest...mr gardiner is still going strong

it nice being correct
Yep, you're the one I was thinking of with the Gardiner pic....how timely that you should return this evening?

plugger66 wrote:Wayne Judson and Rogerfox. I don't know if it is possible but could the mods somehow tell us when people are suspended. Firstly I think it would be a positive as people would know if you disobey the rules you are suspended and secondly we would at least know why some guys are not posting.
yes because we cant function without knowing the where abouts of all posters at any time. That would be good.

On a related issue about not knowing who is in the 'naughty corner' or not.

There have been times when I've needed to pm posters re the Sponsorship Group and my pms remain in the 'outbox'.
I have no way of knowing if the poster I am pming is banned or jsut not opening his/her pm?

My understanding is that those in the 'naughty corner' cannot retrieve any pms so those sending them a pm cannot get a reply.

Is there any technical way around this problem?

So is the naughty corner an effective form of punishment, I hope there is also praise when people are behaving?

Mr Magic wrote:On a related issue about not knowing who is in the 'naughty corner' or not.

There have been times when I've needed to pm posters re the Sponsorship Group and my pms remain in the 'outbox'.
I have no way of knowing if the poster I am pming is banned or jsut not opening his/her pm?

My understanding is that those in the 'naughty corner' cannot retrieve any pms so those sending them a pm cannot get a reply.

Just PM a mod with the posters in question MM and we can tell you if they are suspended or not

Mr Magic wrote:On a related issue about not knowing who is in the 'naughty corner' or not.

Just PM a mod with the posters in question MM and we can tell you if they are suspended or not

Milton66

ohwhenthesaints! wrote:Image

So is the naughty corner an effective form of punishment, I hope there is also praise when people are behaving?
Nughty corner didn't work. Until someone suggested that you should get kids to sit there and touch the wall with their nose. This worked well, but the mixture of snot and tears doesn't do much for the wall.

Back in my day, we were made to kneel on a feather duster handle. If we were good, we'd be rewarded by not being belted before bedtime.

Aaah the good old days.

Milton66 wrote:

Nughty corner didn't work. Until someone suggested that you should get kids to sit there and touch the wall with their nose. This worked well, but the mixture of snot and tears doesn't do much for the wall.

Back in my day, we were made to kneel on a feather duster handle. If we were good, we'd be rewarded by not being belted before bedtime.

Aaah the good old days.
Incredible Milt you have been here 1 week and already have close to 100 posts - you also seem to have a decent knowledge of past events :shock:

Anyway Wayne just wanted to welcome you back and ask why you changed your nic??? :wink:

Quixote

If SHE is ever asking - I have been very, very bad.

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
Milton66

Devilhead wrote:
Milton66 wrote:

Aaah the good old days.
Incredible Milt you have been here 1 week and already have close to 100 posts - you also seem to have a decent knowledge of past events :shock:

Anyway Wayne just wanted to welcome you back and ask why you changed your nic??? :wink:
??? So what are you smoking, my friend? What I post is my business.

The last time I checked, you can view this forum without having to join.

And if you look closely, it's easy to rack up 10 to 20 posts just in one thread if you're involved in the debate. Granted, about 50 of these have been arguing with Stingbrain. :lol:

HarveysDeciple wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
One is not allowed to be critical of the mods on this forum.
Lol.

Amazing statement.

Given numerous times you have without sanction or censoring. There have been numerous threads on the general forum or main board about locking threads, etc etc none of those have been deleted, or posters banned as a result.

You have criticised the mods on several occasions as is your right, and so have a lot of other people.

Wonder why you would make a statement that you know for a fact is not true. :wink:
Sorry, I should have added a second part to that statement.

Perhaps it is more truthful to say:

One is not allowed to be critical of the mods on this forum, unless you want to be hassled unmercifully by those mods, their families, their girlfriends/boyfriends, their drinking buddies, various hangers-on, and no-brained lemmings.

Mr Magic is one of the gentlemen of the forum, loriswa one of the other geniunely decent people as well :)

another who doesn't post much was the moose.

can't say too much about many others, myself included :lol:

Milton66 wrote:
Devilhead wrote:

And if you look closely, it's easy to rack up 10 to 20 posts just in one thread if you're involved in the debate. Granted, about 50 of these have been arguing with Stingbrain. :lol:
Classic Judson right there :lol:

Hey Milt I'm not arguing against you I'm just suggesting that you and WJ42 are very similar with regards to forum interaction

Just find it very strange that a newbie will all of sudden go from viewing and not posting (and given your knowledge of past forum events I would asume that you have been lurking for a while) to racking up huge numbers of posts in such a short time

Just wondering why you changed your tune from not posting to posting prolifically??

Either way great to have you on board - your insights and arguments are well formed and grounded

[quote="aussierules0k"]

I mentioned this trend to a guy who posts on nicks pie forum, he said the same thing has happened there too. It seems arrogant crap posts is a trend across the boards/world. Why? Big question.
We're all used to this internet thingy now and we can be agro?
Umm, the world is get

i agree with you.....the world is a far nastier place these days...and the internet ten times worse......

Devilhead wrote:
Milton66 wrote:

Aaah the good old days.

that's exactly what i was thinking too...... :twisted:

Milton66 wrote:
Devilhead wrote:
Milton66 wrote:

Aaah the good old days.

??? So what are you smoking, my friend? What I post is my business.

The last time I checked, you can view this forum without having to join.

crap....but anyway...won't happen again.....from now on you are on my ignore list mr black...... :roll:

Devilhead wrote:
Milton66 wrote:
Devilhead wrote:

Hey Milt I'm not arguing against you I'm just suggesting that you and WJ42 are very similar with regards to forum interaction

Just find it very strange that a newbie will all of sudden go from viewing and not posting (and given your knowledge of past forum events I would asume that you have been lurking for a while) to racking up huge numbers of posts in such a short time

Just wondering why you changed your tune from not posting to posting prolifically??

Either way great to have you on board - your insights and arguments are well formed and grounded

because this poster is an old one...the only thing new is his nick.....and i suspect he is really a troll....as wayne judson was.......... :roll: :twisted: :evil:

Milton66

aussierules0k wrote:
i agree with you.....the world is a far nastier place these days...and the internet ten times worse......
Champagne comedy, coming from Mr Cleanskin himself :roll: :roll:

Oh deary deary me.

And then you call me a troll? On what basis are you harassing me.

Please feel free to ignomre me n the future.

I may be a troll, but the difference betwween you and me is that lawyers are tax dodging trolls who get paid to troll the pond scum and defend them, even if they are guilty, just so you can make a quid. And some porr kid has to live without a parent,nad know that the killer is free because some cute lawyer found a loop hole and made himself $50 grand along the way.

Right up there with used car salesmen and politicians. Absolute pillars of modern society.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Milton66 on Sat 23 May 2009 9:44pm, edited 1 time in total.

Milton66

Devilhead wrote:
Milton66 wrote:
Devilhead wrote:

Ok, so what you're saying is that someone, whom has just been posted isn't suspended has changed his nick? Ok, that's logical.

Then you suspect something because I had a few days off and decided to get "interactive"? Ah ha, that 's motive if ever I saw one.

And finally, you suggest that one should what, start posting slowly, and then build up the frequency? Hmmm, that's a good one.

And do you like analyse posts to see if there are speech patterns or something? Like a CSI Saintsational?

I realize you're not having a go, but what is this morbid fascination with me? Accept the footy comments on their merits.

As for your other mate who obviously has some sort of "mental" powers where he can stare down a web cam and transmute his thoughts through a broadband modem and immediately identufy who's at the other end of the keyboard; well what can I say?

I'm surprised that his parole officer doesn't follow him around 24/7 with a pooper scooper to clean up all the filth that spews out of his mouth.

I mean, what a guru. :roll:

Back on topic. HAve you ever noticed how Judson and me never post on the same thread? I'm surprised you overlooked that one. :wink:

Shaggy

Milton66 wrote:
aussierules0k wrote:

Oh deary deary me.

I may be a troll, but the difference betwween you and me is that lawyers are tax dodging trolls who get paid to troll the pond scum and defend them, even if they are guilty, just so you can make a quid.

Right up there with used car salesmen and politicians. Absolute pillars of modern society.

If you really don't like Australia's laws, politics and cars than go overseas .... unless of course you are the type thats loves to bitch against main stream but takes the benefits they bring to the market :D .

Milton66 wrote:

Back on topic. HAve you ever noticed how Judson and me never post on the same thread? I'm surprised you overlooked that one. :wink:
Didn't overlook it just didn't think I needed to state the bleedin obvious

Welcome back anyway Wayne - hope you are enjoying the season :D

Milton66

Shaggy wrote:
Milton66 wrote:
aussierules0k wrote:

Oh deary deary me.

I may be a troll, but the difference betwween you and me is that lawyers are tax dodging trolls who get paid to troll the pond scum and defend them, even if they are guilty, just so you can make a quid.

If you really don't like Australia's laws, politics and cars than go overseas .... unless of course you are the type thats loves to bitch against main stream but takes the benefits they bring to the market :D .
I used to sell cars, so I know what's required to make one's "quota". :lol:

I abide by this nation's laws.

I vote.

I also work my butt off and pay my taxes, hence enjoy the democratic / capitalist benefits of this great nation of ours.

So, what's your point? :lol:

No, I never actually bitch and despise the so called "victims" who always blame others for their situation in life. I my friend accept 100% responsibility for every decisions I've made in life. Good, bad or otherwise.

In all seriousness, a person joind this forum and cps all this garbage. It's no wonder this thread exists, abd people just go away and can't be bothered.

One reason I never joined up sooner was because of the constant negativity and argumants. I thoght things might be improving and so far I think I'm wrong.