Gram thing is weird...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

zebraman
Club Player

stinger wrote:not weird at all.......he was only a last minute inclusion for the vfl side because of his late recovery......
It was strange...I saw #30 out there...thought to myself...ahh...Brad Howard's back in...then had a closer look and using my powers of perception realised it was Gram out there...had a chat with a photographer on the boundary line and he was caught by suprise too,,

Took him a while to get going but after that he really contributed...happy to have him in a Sandy jumper anytime...we'll even get him his own number

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

I love how the usual abide by every word that comes from our club and question nothing. It is entertaining.

To say that Grams demotion into the reserves is not at the very leat a little disconcerning is living in a fantasy land.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

It is an undeniably odd way of omitting a player.

If only in a PR/media sense.

I'm glad he had a run and did well. He'll make the trip north. I like him in. All's well that ends well.

Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

Gotta be a disicpline issue.

How can he not be fit enough for a Sunday arvo game, and end up playing Sunday arvo with the ressies ?

selection changes have been made over the time by all clubs within hours of the game, fine or no fine. Albert Proud was a late withdrawl for the lions.

No, I reckon Gramys' been a naughty boy.

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

When os Sandringham due for a bye?
That will be the perfect time to rest some of the senior list. No point resting them if they are expected to play in the VFL. Hardly a rest.

zebraman
Club Player

Sandy play Bendigo this Sunday then don't play again until June 21st at Box Hill...a 3 week break...not sure if that's a good thing or not

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

zebraman wrote:Sandy play Bendigo this Sunday then don't play again until June 21st at Box Hill...a 3 week break...not sure if that's a good thing or not
Not a good thing at all IMO

That would mean that players pushing for selection and needing match hardness miss out

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Stephen Theodore wrote:Gotta be a disicpline issue.

How can he not be fit enough for a Sunday arvo game, and end up playing Sunday arvo with the ressies ?

selection changes have been made over the time by all clubs within hours of the game, fine or no fine. Albert Proud was a late withdrawl for the lions.

Albert Proud was replaced by one of the Brions listed Emergencies.

Gram was ruled out on Friday afternoon and Miles was listed as an emergency in his place.

EDDY, McEVOY MILES were the 3 emergencies for the game for us.

According to Greg Hutchinson, Gram improved enough on Saturday to put his hand up to play on Sunday. He couldn't play in the seniors because he wasn't named in the 25 by that stage.

But you can believe anything you want to and disbelieve the CLub if you feel like it.
I'm not sure why you'd think the CLub would try and hide a 'discipline thing' when they publicly dropped Dal and Milney last year?

Do you think that Gram is more sensitive?

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
Stephen Theodore wrote:Gotta be a disicpline issue.

Albert Proud was replaced by one of the Brions listed Emergencies.

Gram was ruled out on Friday afternoon and Miles was listed as an emergency in his place.

EDDY, McEVOY MILES were the 3 emergencies for the game for us.

According to Greg Hutchinson, Gram improved enough on Saturday to put his hand up to play on Sunday. He couldn't play in the seniors because he wasn't named in the 25 by that stage.

But you can believe anything you want to and disbelieve the CLub if you feel like it.
I'm not sure why you'd think the CLub would try and hide a 'discipline thing' when they publicly dropped Dal and Milney last year?

Do you think that Gram is more sensitive?

i'm with you totally on this.....that's what has been reported.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
BelfastSaint
Club Player

Get the lowdown on Jason Gram:
This was the headline on the official St Kilda facebook update with a link to the article posted on page 1 of this thread .....
Perhaps the club spin doctors have realised that the whole situation appeared a bit strange ...

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Hutchy is going to reveal all re Gram on Footy Classified...should be rivetting viewing....

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
AlpineStars
Club Player

Maybe Gram wanted Raph to play Indiginous round after all he and X have been through.

Wake me up when September ends.
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

For all those who want to disbelieve teh Club, here's the 'true story' (according to Hutchy the Tosser)

Gram was dropped because the leadership group felt he wasn't following his rehab prperly. He missed a physio appointment.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:For all those who want to disbelieve teh Club, here's the 'true story' (according to Hutchy the Tosser)

Gram was dropped because the leadership group felt he wasn't following his rehab prperly. He missed a physio appointment.
Well if that is the case let's hope he learns his lesson and is back in the seniors soon. An important player to us and I thought we missed him on Sunday.

maz1685
Club Player

Mr Magic wrote:For all those who want to disbelieve teh Club, here's the 'true story' (according to Hutchy the Tosser)

If this is true, which I think it might be, I think it's fantastic. It shows how serious this team is about winning football. It's a message to everyone else that nobody owns a spot in the side, everybody has to work for it and anything less than your best effort is unacceptable.

Griggsy
SS Life Member

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/ ... fault.aspx

Greg explains.

[quote]ST KILDA defender Jason Gram is in line for a recall to the senior side this week after impressing for Sandringham in the VFL.

Gram was originally named in the squad of 25 to take on the Brisbane Lions but was replaced by Luke Miles on Friday night. Miles was named an emergency, while Raphael Clarke took Gram’s spot in the 22.

Gram had battled with a thigh injury in the week leading up to the game and St Kilda General Manager of Football Greg Hutchison says the Saints felt he was best suited to having a run in the VFL.

“Early in the week his preparation wasn’t quite where we thought it would be to get him to the line for the weekend,â€

saintly
Saintsational Legend

Saints deny disciplinary move behind omission
Andrea Petrie | May 26, 2009

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/rfnews ... 94286.html

ST KILDA'S Jason Gram is likely to be recalled to the seniors this week despite being reportedly dropped to the VFL for disciplinary reasons at the weekend.

Gram, 25, was named in the initial team to take on the Brisbane Lions but was then listed as injured in the team list released on Friday. On match day he was omitted without explanation with Raphael Clarke named to come into the team.

Gram had battled a thigh injury in the week leading up to the game and reportedly failed to attend a physio appointment, prompting the club's leadership group to step in and penalise him.

St Kilda's football manager Greg Hutchison said the club felt that Gram was not ready to play senior football, but denied his omission was for disciplinary reasons.

"We just felt that his preparation wasn't at the level required to play AFL footy and we weren't that confident that he'd be able to get through," Hutchison said.

Gram got 19 disposals in the Zebras' three-point loss to Geelong. Sandringham also played on Sunday, which meant neither team was finalised until late.

"We had an emergency player at Etihad Stadium, Luke Miles, who warmed up with the AFL team in case someone didn't get through the warm up, but once they ran out (to play), he drove from Etihad to Sandringham and played for them in the second half," he said.

saintly
Saintsational Legend

Jason Gram's rehab linked to Saints axing
Mark Stevens | May 25, 2009 11:56pm

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/ ... 42,00.html

ST KILDA gave little away on the Jason Gram mystery, but it's believed he paid for a form drop and lack of attention to detail off-field. The Saints were adamant Gram was originally left out of the senior team because of thigh soreness, which improved enough later in the week for him to play at Sandringham on Sunday.

But there were claims that Gram had not put enough time into rehabilitating his corked thigh suffered in the Round 8 loss to Essendon and paid the price at selection.

Gram's manager Ricky Nixon refused to comment, but sources close to the Saints said Gram's form had also been of concern.

For all of Gram's daring run this year, he has struggled to hit targets.

Gram's kicking efficiency this year is 53.8 per cent - the lowest of any player in the competition to have more than 100 kicks.

After eight rounds he was No.1 for forward 50 entries, but was regularly turning the ball over.

Last year Gram's kicking efficiency rate was 75.2 per cent.

Gram is averaging 2.6 tackles a game - although he is not one of the Saints' prime tacklers - and it is his role is to add much-needed run and carry.

Usually an automatic selection in the senior team, Gram went around in the VFL and was named among the side's best in its three-point loss to the Cats.

He is clearly in St Kilda's best team and his adventurous dash was missed against Brisbane.

Saints football manager Greg Hutchison said Gram was a victim of circumstances.

``Early in the week his preparation wasn't quite where we thought it would be to get him to the line for the weekend,'' Hutchison said.

``Because you have to make your decisions for your teams on Friday, we had to leave him out.''

On radio 3AW last night, Hutchison refused to respond to probing questions about whether Gram was disciplined.

Key assistant coach Leigh Tudor was discharged from hospital on Sunday, but missed his second match at the weekend.

Tudor suffered an acute case of appendicitis almost two weeks ago.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

I've been worried about Gram all year, he is an absolute show pony, I regard him as a weak link, not for his ability but for his attitude.

He should spend more time practicing his disposal and foot skills, rather than worrying about the tips in his hair, his body language is awful and I have been saying all year that he needs an attitude adjustment.

I'm absolutely rapt that he got dropped and I hope he stays in the VFL for another 4 weeks to fair dinkum give him a wake up call.

I regard him as a very important player to us but if continued on like he was going then he'd become a weak link and a liability at the business end.

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

[Gram's kicking efficiency this year is 53.8 per cent - the lowest of any player in the competition to have more than 100 kicks.

After eight rounds he was No.1 for forward 50 entries, but was regularly turning the ball over.

Last year Gram's kicking efficiency rate was 75.2 per cent
well he might have taken the coaching directive to move the ball quickly to our big forwards a bit too literally.

but that is where he has been good for us.

sprays a few kicks, but you can never accuse him of allowing the opposition time to get numbers back.

it has been one of the big changes we've made this season and we missed that a bit on the weekend i thought.
Last edited by bigcarl on Tue 26 May 2009 4:13pm, edited 2 times in total.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Congratulations to the Herald Sun's Mark Stevens for an informative and accurate article which addressed something that I felt was going to be overlooked this week.

One of the best sports journalists in this city. Clearly, the club isn't going to give anything away, nor is Nixon, but my sources tell me he's hit the nail on the head.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:I've been worried about Gram all year, he is an absolute show pony, I regard him as a weak link, not for his ability but for his attitude.

He should spend more time practicing his disposal and foot skills, rather than worrying about the tips in his hair, his body language is awful and I have been saying all year that he needs an attitude adjustment.

I'm absolutely rapt that he got dropped and I hope he stays in the VFL for another 4 weeks to fair dinkum give him a wake up call.

I regard him as a very important player to us but if continued on like he was going then he'd become a weak link and a liability at the business end.
You will be disappointed when he plays this week and so he should. Got a weeks detention now back where we need him. In the ones. A vital player to the Saints line up as shown by him being out last week against Brisbane.

saintly
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
barks4eva wrote:I've been worried about Gram all year, he is an absolute show pony, I regard him as a weak link, not for his ability but for his attitude.

You will be disappointed when he plays this week and so he should. Got a weeks detention now back where we need him. In the ones. A vital player to the Saints line up as shown by him being out last week against Brisbane.
so will he have his lesson by only being out 1 one week?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintly wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

so will he have his lesson by only being out 1 one week?
He missed one rehab session. I would think one week is more than enough and depending on his contract could also have cost him maybe 10 grand so yes I think he would have learnt his lesson.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

stevens and horan seem to have changed their story........in the edition i have it states thatthe saints are perplexed by all the crap about gram and that he was not in trouble off field.......

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.