Dawson Vs Carroll

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:if zac performed the exact same way and we were 3-6, 4-5 etc most on here would label him as the first out saying he is crapola blah blah blah

he isnt doing much however we are winning
Hysterically PMSL. You have not yet seen one game live you cabbage....

He has played the way he has played and we are 9-0. If he had played the same way and we were 3-6 or 4-5 - bahahahahaha we're not!!!!

A fair bit of why we are 9-0 is to do with one Zac Dawson.

Get to your first game this weekend and watch him, then comment FFS.

FAIR DINKUM :roll: :roll: :roll:

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:... however we are winning
We can agree on that.

Rather crucial in AFL footy I would have thought.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Iceman234 wrote:
Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:if zac performed the exact same way and we were 3-6, 4-5 etc most on here would label him as the first out saying he is crapola blah blah blah

He has played the way he has played and we are 9-0. If he had played the same way and we were 3-6 or 4-5 - bahahahahaha we're not!!!!

You can really tell the players, and the fans (well most) already love the boy...I can guarantee that most current players his age, would not be playing with even half the hunger that this kid has.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Iceman234 wrote:

SNAP.

The cabbage SP08 hasn't even seen him live.

He relies on what a ch 7 or 10 director allows him to see. :D :D

Makes a fool of himself every time he posts about Zac. :roll:

We actually chose Colm Begley over Carroll

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Snakeman66
Club Player

stinger wrote:
off the top of my head......graeme gellie won the saints best and fairest in his first year....greg burns was a champion from day one...as was trevor barker and georgie young......cuz asn't too horrible either.....glen elliott was another who got regular bog's from his first game........
Peter Kiel(1982) also won the best and fairest in his first year.

Don't dwell on the past.
Look to the future.
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

Iceman234 wrote:

so when you go to the games you tend to watch everything but the play...do you enjoy thinking you are a little footy coach watching all the match up's..making little decisions in your head and believing that people around you are actually listening to you and your calls??

no of course not

and why we are 9-0 has nothing to do with zac dawson at all...a donkey could play key back for us and he/she would have heaps of help

not bagging the help or zac, its just the truth

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

QED

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

ohwhenthesaints! wrote:
Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:
ohwhenthesaints! wrote:
perfectionist wrote:
st.byron wrote:...Max Hudghton just missed AA selection last year. He's bled St.Kilda throughout his career. It's one thing to have an opinion that he's past his use by date, which I strongly disagree with, but can understand your POV as he's more than likely in his last year, but you should have your nuts roasted for suggesting that Max is soft or that he should have been sacked. The guy is a champ of our club. You're either sh*t stirring for the hell of it or you've got no respect. Wash your mouth out.
Did you see his performance in the 1998 finals? If not, then shut up moron. Respect is to whoever is the coach at the time, especially on game day. The W/L ratio in games that he has played in is less than 50%. No surprise for me. Zac's batting at 100 at the moment, fortunately a big surprise for me.
zac is batting at a hundred due to everyone else

much like a person in a wheelchair performing at chf during the lions 01-03 and still winning...
I have a strange feeling you may of expressed similar views on other threads?

At least no-one could accuse you of not making a point....
as its the truth

if zac performed the exact same way and we were 3-6, 4-5 etc most on here would label him as the first out saying he is crapola blah blah blah

Most, as in you?
Oh and I am curious, just how has Zac not performed....do fill us all in

Milton66
SS Life Member

Did Zac cut your lunch in a previous life? :lol:

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Iceman234 wrote:

so when you go to the games you tend to watch everything but the play...do you enjoy thinking you are a little footy coach watching all the match up's..making little decisions in your head and believing that people around you are actually listening to you and your calls??no of course not

and why we are 9-0 has nothing to do with zac dawson at all...a donkey could play key back for us and he/she would have heaps of help

That doesn't make the remotest bit of sense SP2008.

Worst post I have ever read from you.

The more I read the more I think Zac must have done something really nasty to you, like smashed your missus in a former life....

Pathetic shithouse post, actually get a clue and get to a game, and watch how good this boy is...

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

Iceman234 wrote:
Iceman234 wrote:

so when you go to the games you tend to watch everything but the play...do you enjoy thinking you are a little footy coach watching all the match up's..making little decisions in your head and believing that people around you are actually listening to you and your calls??no of course not

The more I read the more I think Zac must have done something really nasty to you, like smashed your missus in a former life....

Pathetic shithouse post, actually get a clue and get to a game, and watch how good this boy is...
yes it does, our pressure up the ground through tackling, zones, match up's etc has resulted in poor delivery deep into the forward 50 if it gets there

the delivery is easier to spoil, rebound or get it out due to the hurried nature of it...teams havent been able to get any sort of role of for long enough periods to beat us

look at roo as an example, when our delivery has been poor, its must easier for defenders to get the ball out, nothing to do with either's ability

Loyal
Club Player

on topic: what ever happened to spud carroll.
did he fall off the face of the planet.
is he selling Oj to pubs nowadays?
where is he? what came of him?
seems like the entire football world forgot about spud.
what's he doing, dont tell me he went bush? seriously...
.... i have not heard a peep from the guy who was regarded as a trash talker? wher'de go?

Footy Classified - NO ROOM FOR THE, who farted?
Shaggy
Club Player

I doubt SP2008 has seen too many games live.

Zac is very fast and unless the FF can get a clear run and perfect pass he has Max's ability to get the punch to the ball. He has done some freakish spoils this year.

He doesn't have Max's muscle in a one to one but that will come.

He is better than Max at running off down the ground.

Max is one of the elite FB's of the past decade. Zac now looks like a great replacement when Max goes. This releases Gilbert down field where he will thrive as a semi mid.

As for the OP and other discussions this thread IMO:

Zac >>>>> Carrol (we are lucky with the final call otherwise it would have been called mis management)

First 9 games Ray > Zac but Zac shows great potential for a key position player

Best ever first 9 games in my time - the unlucky Dean Greig

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Iceman234 wrote:
Iceman234 wrote:

yes it does, our pressure up the ground through tackling, zones, match up's etc has resulted in poor delivery deep into the forward 50 if it gets there

the delivery is easier to spoil, rebound or get it out due to the hurried nature of it...teams havent been able to get any sort of role of for long enough periods to beat us

look at roo as an example, when our delivery has been poor, its must easier for defenders to get the ball out, nothing to do with either's ability
Your criticism of Zac is based on how many games you have seen him live? Cabbage!!!

FFS give it up before you completely embarrass yourself with your complete lack of knowledge of the game....bordering on being un_st Kilda with your lack of knowledge.

I know you have your little followers here (like the ones who started the "where are they" thread FFS :roll: ), but personally I reckon you're a total cabbage with no knowledge whatsoever...
Last edited by Iceman234 on Wed 27 May 2009 3:09am, edited 1 time in total.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Iceman234 wrote:
Iceman234 wrote:

For someone who obviously appreciates Gardiner being able to turn his career around with a second chance....give this kid an opportunity.

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

LOL just looked it up and it was your mate Plugger66 who actually started the thread to ask where you were....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

8-)

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

Iceman234 wrote:
Iceman234 wrote:
Iceman234 wrote:

Your criticism of Zac is based on how many games you have seen him live? Cabbage!!!

FFS give it up before you completely embarrass yourself with your complete lack of knowledge of the game....bordering on being un_st Kilda with your lack of knowledge.

I know you have your little followers here (like the ones who started the "where are they" thread FFS :roll: , but personally I reckon you're a total cabbage with no knowledeg whatsoever...
you have an opinion and im not going to call you a cabbage back

and thank you for defining my un st kilda - ness...cheers

personally i reckon you are a douche...

what i struggle to understand is that you cannot see that zac's job is being made much much easier due to the delivery of ball to our defensive 50, couplef with the quality players around him...

make sense??? or because i 'bagged' him that gives me no creditability

oh and yes my followers...

Legendary
Club Player

Anyone who has watched the Saints this year would realise that Dawson has been an important contributor.

He spoils well, his defensive pressure on his opponent on the lead is very good, he is physical and reasonably strong in a contest.

He wins enough of the footy and has shown some dash off half back, and his footskills have been pretty good.

Has taken a few great grabs across the backline.

Backs up and helps out the other players around him too, and plays his role very well.

Obviously he is assisted by the strength of our other backmen and the dominance of our midfield. But he's doing a great job so far.

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

Iceman234 wrote:LOL just looked it up and it was your mate Plugger66 who actually started the thread to ask where you were....

8-)
hey plugger let's go for a beer tomorrow after work

what do you think?

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

ohwhenthesaints! wrote:
Iceman234 wrote:
Iceman234 wrote:

For someone who obviously appreciates Gardiner being able to turn his career around with a second chance....give this kid an opportunity.
i have bestowed the opportunity onto zac....

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Yes, but being a Brisbane-ite, hopefully you will actually see his worth live this week.

He has been a gun down back and deserves his spot every week.

Let's have a beer and discuss his success after he rips another scalp this week.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Iceman234 wrote: Your criticism of Zac is based on how many games you have seen him live? Cabbage!!!

FFS give it up before you completely embarrass yourself with your complete lack of knowledge of the game
What do you mean before he embarrasses himself.

The kid is clueless. But what do you expect from someone who hasn't even seen one single game in 2009 :D :D

No effing idea apart from what a Tv screen shows him.

PMSL at this cabbage.

Pathetic and clueless to critisise a player everyone (well everyone who actually attends) can see is playing great football and smashing his direct opponents every single game.

If this cabbage had a complete view of the ground he would see that once the zone has been beaten the opposition has a clear run through the square and has to deliver long into the forward fifty. This is what the defensive setup demands. This means that the defense has to go man on man or give the defending back a chopout.

So much for the airchair experts critic on how the ball gets down to our backline :roll:

But hey only so much you can see on tellie :D :wink:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Iceman234 wrote:LOL just looked it up and it was your mate Plugger66 who actually started the thread to ask where you were....

8-)
hey plugger let's go for a beer tomorrow after work

what do you think?
Tosser call when we know you are in Brisbane and P66 is at AFL house.... :wink:

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

Iceman234 wrote:Yes, but being a Brisbane-ite, hopefully you will actually see his worth live this week.

Let's have a beer and discuss his success after he rips another scalp this week.
but i don't want to have a beer with you

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Iceman234 wrote:Yes, but being a Brisbane-ite, hopefully you will actually see his worth live this week.

but i don't want to have a beer with you
Are you old enough to drink?

I would have a beer with this clown if I was you iceman.

Mabye you could watch a game of footy on tellie together and the einstein could tell you whats happening - cause he seems to know more about footy from tellie than the rest of us from actually attending a game. :roll: :roll:

Lance or James??