Riewoldt's Words To Hutchy On The Footy Show....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Lennon
Club Player

jonesy wrote:Rewoildt could of said "I just farted everyone and it really stinks" and you lot would be throwing praise at him. Similar to when a rockstar speaks between songs at a concert and the crowd all cheer at what he says even though it's irrelevant.
Big deal

Keep exposing the riff raff Hutchy 8-)
Seriously, rack off.

saint1974
Club Player

Good on you Roo!

Most despised football journalist really dont like the p....k understand why Sam gives him sh..t.
States fact on a story than manipultes the story and words when proof is his wrong.
Hutchy go to England where your type of journalism(crap) is appreciated.
Will never forget what you did to Kosi.

SaintDebi
Club Player

jonesy wrote:Rewoildt could of said "I just farted everyone and it really stinks" and you lot would be throwing praise at him. Similar to when a rockstar speaks between songs at a concert and the crowd all cheer at what he says even though it's irrelevant.
Big deal

So do you love Hutchy, or hate Reiwoldt?
Roo made a point that is clearly accurate to anybody of any intelligence. Quite simply, in this situation specifically or in any other: If you find or are provided with information from any source (no matter how reliable you think it might be), other than your own first hand experience, you can not be 100% sure it is accurate, and therefore it is dangerous to state it as fact.
Hutchy could have (and should have) reported the story as " i have heard from very reliable sources that.....". This would not have altered his story and would have covered his integrity when the story was later found to be incorrect.
So, our Captain asked a very appropriate and very relevent question. Why would you, as a Saints supporter, then feel the need to denigrate those of us who choose to express our pride in the captain who represents our club?

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote:Can someone try to remember what was said and relay it here please? I missed it. What did Lyon, Newman, Brayshaw and the other members of the panel say or do?

I hope it gets uploaded on YouTube for those of us who have given up watching the Footy Show religiously.
I would be surprised :shock: if it makes it top the highlights section of The footy show-http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/afl/footyshow/
Last edited by saintbrat on Fri 29 May 2009 10:43am, edited 1 time in total.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

i really don't think he said anything too major and if he wanted more of a song and dance about it he could have reworded it as to me it came across as a passion comment and some of the previous posts seem to be playing both men roo as the saviour of good from evil and hutchinson as a wanker regardless of what is said

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
SaintDebi
Club Player

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:i really don't think he said anything too major and if he wanted more of a song and dance about it he could have reworded it as to me it came across as a passion comment and some of the previous posts seem to be playing both men roo as the saviour of good from evil and hutchinson as a wanker regardless of what is said
And your point is?
Your summation of the two sounds accurate to me. :wink: :D

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

I think this thread is a bit overbown. While Hutchy looked a bit uncomfortable with Riewoldt, the real star was Matthew Richardson who said he'd like to meet Hutchinson after the show. I can imagine Hutchinson would have been shitting himself over this. I imagine Richardson would have torn shreds off him.

Another opportunity awaits!
SaintDebi
Club Player

Moccha wrote:I think this thread is a bit overbown. While Hutchy looked a bit uncomfortable with Riewoldt, the real star was Matthew Richardson who said he'd like to meet Hutchinson after the show. I can imagine Hutchinson would have been shitting himself over this. I imagine Richardson would have torn shreds off him.
I do agree with this. I actually think Richo handled himself very well throughout the show last night.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Moccha wrote:I think this thread is a bit overbown. While Hutchy looked a bit uncomfortable with Riewoldt, the real star was Matthew Richardson who said he'd like to meet Hutchinson after the show. I can imagine Hutchinson would have been shitting himself over this. I imagine Richardson would have torn shreds off him.
Richardson left early apparently.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
vacuous space
SS Life Member

SaintDebi wrote:I do agree with this. I actually think Richo handled himself very well throughout the show last night.
I don't think Richo should have brought up his issue on the show if he didn't intend to air it on the show. If he questioned the accuracy of something Hutchy had said about the club, then surely it would have been better to voice his displeasure on-air.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

I think there's a bit of OTT hero worshipping going on here.

Who wouldn't say what Riewoldt said?

And it's not as if Hutchison's a tough target.

Besides, it'd take more than a few elbows in Hutchison's ribs (if you could actually reach them under the lard) to stop him doing what he's paid to do...which is gossip and insinuate in order to keep bogans entertained as far as I can tell...

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Lennon wrote:
Big deal

Seriously, rack off.
Great input as always

Bring back the Lockett era
Duggie
Club Player

VietNam_Saint wrote:I'd love a link if anyone knows where it is .
Sorry mate, would love to help but don't know how.
Anyway for me the TFS show hit rock bottom last night.
Newman was almost out of control and judging by the head shaking that went on between Lyons and Billy they have had him too.
Roo stood out like a beacon of sobriety and wisdom. His attack on Hutchy was beautifully timed and delivered. :lol:

A Saint Forever!
jonesy
Saintsational Legend

SaintDebi wrote:
Big deal

Roo made a point that is clearly accurate to anybody of any intelligence. Quite simply, in this situation specifically or in any other: If you find or are provided with information from any source (no matter how reliable you think it might be), other than your own first hand experience, you can not be 100% sure it is accurate, and therefore it is dangerous to state it as fact.
Hutchy could have (and should have) reported the story as " i have heard from very reliable sources that.....". This would not have altered his story and would have covered his integrity when the story was later found to be incorrect.
So, our Captain asked a very appropriate and very relevent question. Why would you, as a Saints supporter, then feel the need to denigrate those of us who choose to express our pride in the captain who represents our club?
Pride in what he said? My statement hasn't changed . He's hardly come out and given some world changing sermon upon a glacial abyss to the masses below

saint vince
Club Player

Duggie wrote:
Newman was almost out of control and judging by the head shaking that went on between Lyons and Billy they have had him too.
Roo stood out like a beacon of sobriety and wisdom. His attack on Hutchy was beautifully timed and delivered. :lol:
I rekon the footy show has improved remarkably in the last three weeks. I am back to watching religiouly and have not stopped laughing.

What exactly did Sam do that was almost out of control?

SaintDebi
Club Player

jonesy wrote:
SaintDebi wrote:
Big deal

Pride in what he said? My statement hasn't changed . He's hardly come out and given some world changing sermon upon a glacial abyss to the masses below
Fair enough. Nobody said he has. I think most of us have just stated that we liked what we saw.

Do I risk being a bit fascetious with you Jonesy? I'm going to assume here that you have a sense of humour and will not take this as a personal attack, but rather in the sense of fun it is intended:
You do sound like you have come from the Hutchy school of defense: My statement hasn't changed, I stand by what I said...... :wink: :wink:

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

SaintDebi wrote:
jonesy wrote:
SaintDebi wrote:
Big deal

Fair enough. Nobody said he has. I think most of us have just stated that we liked what we saw.

Do I risk being a bit fascetious with you Jonesy? I'm going to assume here that you have a sense of humour and will not take this as a personal attack, but rather in the sense of fun it is intended:
You do sound like you have come from the Hutchy school of defense: My statement hasn't changed, I stand by what I said...... :wink: :wink:
I want to be Hutchy :wink:

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

saint vince wrote:
Duggie wrote:
I rekon the footy show has improved remarkably in the last three weeks. I am back to watching religiouly and have not stopped laughing.

The whole John Farnham thing was a complete embarrasment. Sam Newman is obviously bored with his involvement in the show. It was totally unfunny and very lame. As for Hutchy, I gather that Lyon doesn't have much respect for him. He's put there for the shock value, make up crap and hope it gets in the papers the next day.

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Moccha wrote:
saint vince wrote:
Duggie wrote:

The whole John Farnham thing was a complete embarrasment. Sam Newman is obviously bored with his involvement in the show. It was totally unfunny and very lame. As for Hutchy, I gather that Lyon doesn't have much respect for him. He's put there for the shock value, make up crap and hope it gets in the papers the next day.
You think Sam comes up with that stuff? He just does what the producers tell him to do. Didn't think it was the funniest sketch however,dragged on a bit. I reckon he's been good this year though Sam,his general demeanor has mean humerous

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

jonesy wrote:
SaintDebi wrote:
jonesy wrote:
SaintDebi wrote:
Big deal

I want to be Hutchy :wink:
Start eating...

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

for those that don't remember hutchy 'accused' kosi of being being charged with a crime.

Kosi didn't hear about it till he heard it on the news. apparently even the police didn't know they hard charged kosi :roll:

Kosi then threatened to sue hutchy who did a back-pedal manoeuvre so fast his greasy sweat stains and soiling on the ground was there for all to see.

It didn't reach the courts as Ch 7 at the time threw a lot of money and a please don't ruin hutch money at kosi.

Kosi i think is a genuinely amicable chap and could have crushed hutch for his blatantly incorrect comments.

As it was I think hutchy and ch7 got off very lightly. Since then even fatpryck smith breaks more stories than hutchy, who has lot a lot of his contacts in the football world and now depends on networking, rumour and innuendo and bigfooty for his stories, including being set up at least once by essendon fans.

On the other palmer, wilson, caro and others really have the inside track at a lot of clubs, most of the reporters have a good feel for the AFL clubs with contacts and mates at most of them.

Hutch and smith are two that are clearly on the outer, but a fair margin, and not even the ingratiation into TFS has healed hutchy's bad rap for the past few years.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
saint1974
Club Player

Dan Warna wrote:for those that don't remember hutchy 'accused' kosi of being being charged with a crime.

Kosi didn't hear about it till he heard it on the news. apparently even the police didn't know they hard charged kosi :roll:

Kosi then threatened to sue hutchy who did a back-pedal manoeuvre so fast his greasy sweat stains and soiling on the ground was there for all to see.

It didn't reach the courts as Ch 7 at the time threw a lot of money and a please don't ruin hutch money at kosi.

Kosi i think is a genuinely amicable chap and could have crushed hutch for his blatantly incorrect comments.

As it was I think hutchy and ch7 got off very lightly. Since then even fatpryck smith breaks more stories than hutchy, who has lot a lot of his contacts in the football world and now depends on networking, rumour and innuendo and bigfooty for his stories, including being set up at least once by essendon fans.

On the other palmer, wilson, caro and others really have the inside track at a lot of clubs, most of the reporters have a good feel for the AFL clubs with contacts and mates at most of them.

Hutch and smith are two that are clearly on the outer, but a fair margin, and not even the ingratiation into TFS has healed hutchy's bad rap for the past few years.
Well said!

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:for those that don't remember hutchy 'accused' kosi of being being charged with a crime.

Smith's different in that he is a genuine outsider giving an outsider view. I don't really think he tries to be anything else. I quite like fatpryck. Most of the time I think he has something intersting to say even if I don't necessarily agree.

Hutchison tires to be an insider, but he's little more than a gossip hound. In fact, that's being kind to him...he's a buffoon of the highest order. An unnecessary one at that.

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

jonesy wrote:
Moccha wrote:
saint vince wrote:
Duggie wrote:

You think Sam comes up with that stuff? He just does what the producers tell him to do. Didn't think it was the funniest sketch however,dragged on a bit. I reckon he's been good this year though Sam,his general demeanor has mean humerous
I'm sure Newman along with Brayshaw and Lyon have a fair amount of input into what goes on in the show however that's not the point. The point is that it was crap piece of TV and Newman is definitely not a comedian. It was very cringe worthy

SideshowMilne
Club Player

If Hutchy was way off the mark with his reporting, why are Richmond so concerned about in house leaks.

I reckon Hutchy had it damm near spot on, went with it, whilst at the same a huge reversal was in motion down at Tigerland. Yes you can hate him and caro for airing stuff the clubs and afl don't want us to always know, but heck It makes a good read as is more often than not spot on.