Welcome Back Max

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bendigo bob
Club Player

I know it was his first game back in the seniors and i love the guy but gee he looked off the pace against the Roos. Hopefully the run will do him the world of good. The thing I think we missed the nost was the run of Gilbo. If he is right to come back this week he is a definite "in". Dont think there is room for Max, Zac, Gilbo, Fish and blake in the back line. Hate to say it but Max might be the one to go.

Assuming they are fit changes this week will be
OUT: King (sus) Max Raph
IN: Gardiner Gilbo Milne

BJ has arrived!!!!!!!!!!

BJ's #1 Fan

Winner of the half time Social Club auction for Kosi's jumper Round 19 2005
Can we build it? Yes we can!!
send out the runner
Club Player

Max's acid test will be on Friday night. Fev is up and about and both teams will leave nothing on the park with the 2 week break... it's going to be poured on Max this week.

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Good news - great to have him back

Bad News - he was about 87 paces behind all and sundry today and would have been smashed utterly ny Fev.

One run under the belt, hope its enough for next week.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

bendigo bob wrote:I know it was his first game back in the seniors and i love the guy but gee he looked off the pace against the Roos. Hopefully the run will do him the world of good. The thing I think we missed the nost was the run of Gilbo. If he is right to come back this week he is a definite "in". Dont think there is room for Max, Zac, Gilbo, Fish and blake in the back line. Hate to say it but Max might be the one to go.
I know it's total treason BB, but I think I agree with you. Too much height to carry on that backline...it's either Max or Zac, as we can't afford to have another stopper sitting on the bench just incase, I vote Zac.

send out the runner
Club Player

how about Zac in the ruck he has a good leap and can run with the Kruezer or as I have said before for team balance Blake with Kruezer to free up a spot for Gilbo

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

send out the runner wrote:how about Zac in the ruck he has a good leap and can run with the Kruezer or as I have said before for team balance Blake with Kruezer to free up a spot for Gilbo
Why dont we just play Max in the ruck for balance down back.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
send out the runner wrote:how about Zac in the ruck he has a good leap and can run with the Kruezer or as I have said before for team balance Blake with Kruezer to free up a spot for Gilbo
Why dont we just play Max in the ruck for balance down back.
With Zac on his shoulders!

send out the runner
Club Player

why not milan feletic and jeff ferring with peter keil and silvio foshini on their shoulders

degruch
Saintsational Legend

send out the runner wrote:why not milan feletic and jeff ferring with peter keil and silvio foshini on their shoulders
Faletic is way too slow to be on the bottom.

send out the runner
Club Player

Ok well how about Simon Meehan, or Andrew Cross(Goggles)

starsign
Club Player

send out the runner wrote:Max's acid test will be on Friday night. Fev is up and about and both teams will leave nothing on the park with the 2 week break... it's going to be poured on Max this week.
that's if he gets a gig!
tough call I know and I wouldn't be a selector this week for quids
But the Blues will be pinning most of their hopes on Fev with him starting hit his straps again and Max has to be still a bit suss at present. It may well take him a few more hitouts to hopefully regain his full capabilitiy.
This has to be the curliest thursday arvo they have faced yet
(or ie whenever they sit down and do their final thing !!)

maverick
Saintsational Legend

I must have been at a different game, I thought Max was OK, clearly told to kick sideways as Blake does, fumbled once which cost a goal, but otherwise did OK without doing much.

Given he's been out for a while and needs touch, nothing to worry about for mine.

Will be needed at the pointy end to play on Buddy and possibly Stevie J or Mooney for mine.