The stk "supporters"

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Loyal
Club Player

jonesy wrote:Doesn't make you less a supporter. A more negative one yes, but means you most probably care even more than the positive everything rosy supporter.
It's a natural defence mechanism for someone that is hurting. Watching ordinary performances can be very painful,people need to vent. Whilst not advocating standing up and questioning our players exsistance,I'm happy to give a "pull your finger out,that's crap!". Perfect example,S.Fisher on the weekend spoiling a ball when he should of taken an uncontested mark that resulted in a goal to North. He deserved some constructive critism on that occasion
the 'positive everything rosy supporter' believes and knows exactly how well we are going.
the 'positive everything rosy supporter' understands the cycle of football and that understanding in reinforced by other positivity.

the 'dissatisfied supporter' really has no understanding and is ignorant in 2009.
i call these people "british" .. as in "that's so british" and/or " just another briton who doesn't understand australia... LOL"

the best call i heard last week in response to some of the negativity was:
'if you aren't happy join richmond FFS!'

Footy Classified - NO ROOM FOR THE, who farted?
mordi
Club Player

I was going to start a similar thread headed....."Just Kick It!!"

That old chestnut from the 80's was heard loud and often around aisle 40 level 2 on Saturday.

Logic seemed to be that because we were under pressure in the first half, it was all down to our handball!

I'm not great on tactical analysis, but our game seems to be built on intense pressure , gaining the ball, and use of very slick and numerous handball to move to a position where we can attack. ( Others feel free to summarise).

So to hear calls of "Just Kick It!"....was at first laughable , but then annoying.

I respect your opinion on the game, but I think all saints supporters should take the time to understand that our game became more than just long kicking many moons ago.

And of course the punchline..... 2 or 3 times in the first half , the rushed kicked called for went to an opposition player.

What's the Point of it All?
Quixote
SS Life Member

At the Brisbane Lions game few weeks back -

Actually moved at half time to get away from the F-WIT (s) sitting in front of us -

Constantly arm-chair coaching, and - aggressively bagging out Luke Ball at all costs!! :evil:

At one stage, Goddard had the ball near us on the wing, looking to deliver into the forward line -

Goddard kicks - guy IMMEDIATELY yells "Awh that's a rubbish kick Goddard! Rubbish!!" -

The footy is still in the air as he finishes, half a second later Riewoldt marks the near perfect kick from Brendon. Guy goes quiet. I scream out Goddard's praise.

God strike me!!

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
Unforgiven
SS Life Member

At the Brisbane game, it was frustrating at times, but that good last quarter and Milney made it worth it, some bloke a few rows back gets up, and belts out a ''You played $h!t saints, you played real $h!t, but you got the f%#&ing job done'', pretty much summed up everyone's feelings in the area at the moment in time.

I don't like the bagging of our own team by supporters. I don't mind saints supporters that are honest, e.g ''Jones can't kick very well'', but I dont like it when people say jones is a hack with a crap kick''.

go saints

Carpe Diem
Loyal
Club Player

round two WCE game, baby boomer british husband and wife with daughter of age sitting there wife and daughter silent husband feels his place to go on-and-on:
"what sort of kick's that... :x "
"who are you kicking to... :x "
"what are you doing saints :x "
"god saints... :x "
- won by almost one-hundred points and looked like we were going to win by more
made funny by the WCE cheersquad bagging their guys with lines like:

"where's your accountability nicoski... :x " :lol:

Footy Classified - NO ROOM FOR THE, who farted?
reincarnated

I think that these sorts of people are always going to be around. However none of us are perfect and everyone tends to yell out or label a certain player something they are not in the heat of the moment

It does make watching it difficult though

starsign
Club Player

mordi wrote:I was going to start a similar thread headed....."Just Kick It!!"

That old chestnut from the 80's was heard loud and often around aisle 40 level 2 on Saturday.

Logic seemed to be that because we were under pressure in the first half, it was all down to our handball!

I'm not great on tactical analysis, but our game seems to be built on intense pressure , gaining the ball, and use of very slick and numerous handball to move to a position where we can attack. ( Others feel free to summarise).

So to hear calls of "Just Kick It!"....was at first laughable , but then annoying.

I respect your opinion on the game, but I think all saints supporters should take the time to understand that our game became more than just long kicking many moons ago.

And of course the punchline..... 2 or 3 times in the first half , the rushed kicked called for went to an opposition player.
Sad as it is, these painful supporters you speak of, just remind me of a few past players in their twighlight...
Lance Whitnall comes to mind...who in his last few seasons was probably giving his all for Carlscum , and doing what in prior years made him relevant, but unfortunately
The game has just passed them by!

stinger
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:
stinger wrote:
The Fireman wrote:C'mon Stinger, there must be times when you've had a crack at a player.
I know where you are coming from, I have had a few run ins with some mates I go with only because their criticism was unreasonable.
I bagged Raph for instance simply because I think we have players in the 2s that should be there in his place.

PS I have bagged my kids aswell ;)

well....not to happy with kingy at the moment.....
See.... :wink: :D

The King thing...The Roos came out to rough us up...Kingy decided to do something about it.

haven't bagged him though...and ithink i was the first n the forum to point out that the roos tried to rough us up and came of fourth best......

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

ohwhenthesaints! wrote: ..I just prefer to make a quiet observation to my husband rather than bleat it out in front of opposition supporters.
:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ...i get that a lot..... :oops: :wink:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

These thoughts...are why this thread was set up :)

http://www.saintsational.com/forum/view ... hp?t=52840

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

mbogo
SS Hall of Fame

Last week - pretty much before the ball was bounced two guys near me were agreeing that "that's bloody hopeless - with both Gwilt and Raph out there - they are pathetic - shouldn't be in the VFL let alone AFL" etc etc..
I pointed out that I was happy with them in the team and more than happy that Lyon was coach and that this is why he had the job not them.
Some people even seemed to be a little disappointed with the win! (Happier with a loss?)
Weird .... but strangely amusing.

Edit: reminds me - is Rodger back yet? Or are we waiting for the first loss?

This is a team game and there is no room for individuals who think they are above walking through the fire.
reincarnated

mbogo wrote:Last week - pretty much before the ball was bounced two guys near me were agreeing that "that's bloody hopeless - with both Gwilt and Raph out there - they are pathetic - shouldn't be in the VFL let alone AFL" etc etc..
I pointed out that I was happy with them in the team and more than happy that Lyon was coach and that this is why he had the job not them.
Some people even seemed to be a little disappointed with the win! (Happier with a loss?)
Weird .... but strangely amusing.

Edit: reminds me - is Rodger back yet? Or are we waiting for the first loss?
Rodger is probably banned like many other martyrs

PJ
SS Life Member

Rodger is probably banned like many other martyrs
More like tomartyr

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.