Smash the Scum...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

markp
Saintsational Legend

Loyal wrote:
fingers wrote:I have an idea - how about we don't behave like Collingwood supporters ?
how about that's fine, but if a bluebagger trys to tell me how to live my life or what to say it will be the end of all talk and the start of something big.
No it wont.

gottaluvit
Club Player

you are a tool Loyal

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

I will be barracking for one carlton supporter Friday night.

Loyal
Club Player

gottaluvit wrote:you are a tool Loyal
it takes one too know one buddy 8-)

Footy Classified - NO ROOM FOR THE, who farted?
gottaluvit
Club Player

go back to school tool and I am no buddy of yours

Loyal
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:I will be barracking for one carlton supporter Friday night.
make sure you bring your iPod so that you have a soundtrack. :wink:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gottaluvit wrote:go back to school tool and I am no buddy of yours
The worst part i heard this guy on the radio and he sounded at least 30 years old. Made a really sensible comment on radio too said he wouldnt have Judd if we paid him only 10 grand a year or in his words a million cents.

Milton66
SS Life Member

We know they're coming....

And we also know they're shyting themselves. :lol:

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
Selhurst Saint
Club Player

markp wrote:
Selhurst Saint wrote:Mark, it appears as though this unhealthy Carlton obsession of yours is reaching new heights.

I would just like to say.................."I couldn't agree with you more".
Do they sell champagne in the victory room?.... if not Crowns will have to do after the game... :wink:
Unfortunately it's our away game so we will need to find somewhere else to celebrate.

"...If there has been one recurring theme through this whole shocking mess, it has been the misguided, inflated egos and their ill-judged determination to cling to long-standing old boy friendships. The bad advice that has guided the selfish and culpable James Hird has not only punctuated this saga but symbolised it..."
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Just to get back on track re the actual game...

I honestly think of all the sides we come up against, there are few we match up on as well as we do with Carlton.

We have a GUN forward set up - two talls, a solid medium and a couple of very good + smalls when they have a defensive unit that is pedestrian at worst, workmanlike at best.

In the middle we have a GUN stopper in CJ who can take out any of their mids except perhaps Judd, but even on Judd he'd probably limit somewhat (ie 20-25 rushed touches?).

Up back we have, count em, three very good to exceptional tall and athletic defenders to their one tall, mobile forward in Fev. That means all sorts of traffic across their half forward and no clear run at it for a bloke who is a lead up kind of guy. Not that we need all three on him, mind you. Max usually eats him alive for whatever reason.

Oh yeah. And then there's Fisher running the rebound ball out. Fisher, to Gram, Goddard or Montagna etc etc...

In short we would have to be awful on the night for them to get close IMO.

I mean they play shut down, we outmuscle. They run freely for a shootout and we score more heavily for more paths to goal.

Mids just have to win their half the ball.

I know this all sounds extraordinarily arrogant, but it just seems to me the way it is.

The Craw
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
markp wrote:
Selhurst Saint wrote:Mark, it appears as though this unhealthy Carlton obsession of yours is reaching new heights.

I would just like to say.................."I couldn't agree with you more".
Do they sell champagne in the victory room?.... if not Crowns will have to do after the game... :wink:
I take it you wouldnt drink Carlton after the game.
I would be more than happy to drink carlton, to then see it p!ssed down a urinal……sums up the club really.

Not Craw, CRAW!
Loyal
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
The worst part i heard this guy on the radio and he sounded at least 30 years old. Made a really sensible comment on radio too said he wouldnt have Judd if we paid him only 10 grand a year or in his words a million cents.
alright so i exadurated slightly with the 'one-million cents' remark but i stand by the comment contextually and in general.
i dont like judd and i wouldn't have him over any one of our midfielders.
now people can say that judd is elite and the second best athlete in the AFL if they like, however i disagree with that.
i have a right to say whatever i like on judd.
my opinion is that judd will not play 300 games.

starsign
Club Player

Friday night "showcase"
The Club knows the importance of this one

Harks back to the Monday night special against the Pies

We will be up for it this week and bring our most ferocious A-Grade game for a repeat performance!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Loyal wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
alright so i exadurated slightly with the 'one-million cents' remark but i stand by the comment contextually and in general.
i dont like judd and i wouldn't have him over any one of our midfielders.
now people can say that judd is elite and the second best athlete in the AFL if they like, however i disagree with that.
i have a right to say whatever i like on judd.
my opinion is that judd will not play 300 games.
And your point that Judd wouldnt play 300 games is?

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Judd is a great player, but he is not THAT great. Its just idiot fans of all clubs and the media especially who just jerk off re judd, its ridiculous. Just insane. He would be in the top 10, thats all Ill give him. And no, I wouldn t swap any of our 3 guns in the midfield for him either.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

iwantmeseats wrote:Judd is a great player, but he is not THAT great. Its just idiot fans of all clubs and the media especially who just jerk off re judd, its ridiculous. Just insane. He would be in the top 10, thats all Ill give him. And no, I wouldn t swap any of our 3 guns in the midfield for him either.
And the umpires as well as fans of all club as well as all the media. he is a superstar. The best 3 in the competition.

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

haha, come on, thats exactly what im talking about ! He is not THAT good !! Anyway, just my opinion.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

iwantmeseats wrote:haha, come on, thats exactly what im talking about ! He is not THAT good !! Anyway, just my opinion.
Just out of interest what would your top 10 be then if Judd just made it.

reincarnated

plugger66 wrote:
iwantmeseats wrote:haha, come on, thats exactly what im talking about ! He is not THAT good !! Anyway, just my opinion.
Just out of interest what would your top 10 be then if Judd just made it.
Roo, Kosi, Dal, Fisher, Fisher, Gardiner, Birss, Maximus, Raph Clarke and Gary Ablett

marksnsparks
Club Player

As a Saints supporter since only 2002, can I ask why we hate Carlton more than ever other team?

Must be a historical thing I'm not aware of?

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

We used to hardly ever beat them pre 2003, and they are proven certified undoubted filthy cheating scum filth. Thats all really.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

marksnsparks wrote:As a Saints supporter since only 2002, can I ask why we hate Carlton more than ever other team? Must be a historical thing I'm not aware of?
because they're cheats.

because they're arrogant.

because they have a better win/loss ratio over us than any other team.

because they bought premierships that we couldn't afford in the old days
before the draft/salary cap.

because they've never forgiven us for hamill/goddard.

because of their born-to-rule/win premierships mentality.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

marksnsparks wrote:As a Saints supporter since only 2002, can I ask why we hate Carlton more than ever other team?

Must be a historical thing I'm not aware of?
Must admit, as a supporter since the mid-70's, I didn't mind the Blues up until recently...then the salary cap revelations, then the tanking revelations, then rorting of the salary system via Visy, then the scorn heaped upon us by their chinless wealthy supporters...now I quite despise them. It's nice, especially when we smash them, as they always expect (looking back at their history) to completely dominate us. Please make it 12 St Kilda.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
marksnsparks wrote:As a Saints supporter since only 2002, can I ask why we hate Carlton more than ever other team? Must be a historical thing I'm not aware of?
because they're cheats.

because they're arrogant.

because they have a better win/loss ratio over us than any other team.

because they bought premierships that we couldn't afford in the old days
before the draft/salary cap.

because they've never forgiven us for hamill/goddard.

because of their born-to-rule/win premierships mentality.

They also tried to legally 'wind us up' (eliminate us).
When the Fox 7.5c/22.5c deal was up for a vote, they voted to liquidate over some money that was still owed to them.

Never forget they tried to 'kill us off'.

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:...Never forget they tried to 'kill us off'.
This I think is the only good reason, although it is related to their arrogance over a long period of time.

Back to the game, "smashing" is not on the agenda on Friday night, especially given our recent wastefulness in front of goal, unlikely to improve until Stephen Milne comes back (unlikely this week before the break).

Our tactic will be to be to go tight all night long and grind out the win. Tagging Judd is no easy matter and even if he is restricted to 20 possessions then that can be quite damaging. No better player in the comp and 100% better than Ablett. Judd can't be deflected from his task (like Nick R), Ablett can (like Kosi).

Carlton have a number of very poor kicks, so we must make sure that they get the ball. Houlihan is the classic example - I hope he plays. He is one of those bell weather players - if he's in their best 22, we're a strong chance.

Saints by 9 - points that is.