3RD TALL FOWARD

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
bigcarl wrote:
plugger66 wrote:We certainly need a medium tall. We are to big in the backline and just a little small up forward. Dawson isnt what we want up forward it is more a BJ type but again I dont think it should be him. Jimmy may still be the best bet. We are also one tall to many up back but have no answers for that.
would jimmy have kicked that goal in the last quarter?
I would hope so.
not only was jimmy not playing, but we appeared to have done away with his role all together.

there was no third tallish forward putting defensive pressure on until zac was moved forward in the last quarter.

he kicked a goal and help us get up. so perhaps he is worth a shot in that position.

it is either that, drop a defender - max, blake or dawson - or use blake as second ruck and bring back jimmy.
Last edited by bigcarl on Sat 13 Jun 2009 1:59am, edited 1 time in total.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
bigcarl wrote:
plugger66 wrote:We certainly need a medium tall. We are to big in the backline and just a little small up forward. Dawson isnt what we want up forward it is more a BJ type but again I dont think it should be him. Jimmy may still be the best bet. We are also one tall to many up back but have no answers for that.
I would hope so.
not only was jimmy not playing, but we appeared to have done away with his role all together.

there was no third tallish forward putting defensive pressure on until zac was moved forward in the last quarter.

he kicked a goal and help us get up. so perhaps he is worth a shot in that position.
Please no. Zac is a backman who happened to get onto an easy kick. Going very well down back so lets keep him there.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
bigcarl wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
bigcarl wrote:
I would hope so.

Please no. Zac is a backman who happened to get onto an easy kick. Going very well down back so lets keep him there.
so are you suggesting that we drop a defender? and which one?

or perhaps we revert to the pre-season plan of playing gilbert forward? or maybe blake goes to second ruck. or maybe zac is tried out as a forward for a whole game?

whatever the answer, we need to get back to having a settled back six, imo. we looked rattled at times tonight.

we did miss jimmy's forward pressure and i'm puzzled that no-one was assigned that role since we have a glut of tall defenders.