It's shown BJ- your love for the club.. - The Age

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

reincarnated

or round 2 2007....the essendon game early in the season and thw match that followed

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

very aggressive posting here...wonder why
I'm just guessing here, but perhaps because you're a self-aggrandising, incredibly pompous prat?

Not sure.

But you asked the question...

Moods
Saintsational Legend

I recall Goddard and Gram playing on Gram and Lucas a couple of years ago. I think it was the game prior to Anzac game. I think Max got injured during the game which left GRam to play on Lucas. I actually thought he did a serviceable job at the time. I recall Goddard switching between Lloyd and Lucas. I think it was the day Fletcher kicked a monster torpedo goal from inside the centre square. Goddard played in the position for about 3-4 rounds I think.

I will put my hand up and say that around 04 and 05 I believed the saints should trade Goddard while there was a chance we could get some return for him, due to his #1 draft selection. I didn't believe he had the heart to make it. Had the skills, but I thought he was soft.

Happy to admit I was WRONG. Love watching BJ run through the centre square kicking his pin point 60m passes.

Fantastic article on him today, and shows his maturity as a footballer and a person.

reincarnated

Thinline wrote:
very aggressive posting here...wonder why
I'm just guessing here, but perhaps because you're a self-aggrandising, incredibly pompous prat?

Not sure.

But you asked the question...
Reincarnated wonders whether it is difficult to play the post and not the poster?

Reincarnated has never noticed any of your posts before, obviously displays to Reincarnated that you have nothing of value to say

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

FQF wrote:I do remember Gram playing on a younger Buddy Franklin.
It was either early last year or the year before that.
Yup as do I, he did a pretty good job IMO, probably got the better of him.

I think Gram would have to be the only player who can say they have beaten both Chris Judd and Lance Franklin in head to head roles...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

As trivial as it may be for a player to be concerned about, I love the line about him arcing about our mem. numbers V Melbourne !!! Damn straight !

saintly
Saintsational Legend

iwantmeseats wrote:As trivial as it may be for a player to be concerned about, I love the line about him arcing about our mem. numbers V Melbourne !!! Damn straight !
i enjoyed that comment from BJ as well.

we supporters rarely hear things like the above comments.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

reincarnated wrote: Reincarnated wonders whether it is difficult to play the post and not the poster?

Reincarnated has never noticed any of your posts before, obviously displays to Reincarnated that you have nothing of value to say
You posed the question, mate.

Not noticing my posts? Like good umpiring, I guess. I'll accept your compliment. Thanks.

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

ohwhenthesaints! wrote:I'm so happy Goddard is a part of the Saints, love his passion for the club....
I second that. It is that fierce competitive streak that I love to see. We can all relate. Think how bad it feels after a loss to ANYONE! I know in our early history things haven't been great, but in the last 5-6 years have been much better with this year so far eclipsing all our wildest dreams (who had us 12-0 at the beginning of this year).

We can ALL learn something from this article and make Etihad Stadium our own on Sunday afternoon. Let's let the boys really know that we are there and we are behind them 100%. I for one will be making enough noise for a small army. If each of us do that, the roof should come right off the stadium!!!!!!

Fortius Quo Fidelius
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

iwantmeseats wrote:As trivial as it may be for a player to be concerned about, I love the line about him arcing about our mem. numbers V Melbourne !!! Damn straight !
It's not trivial, it bloody hugely important issue.

The club deserved to cop an earful from an onfield legend which BJ is about it....it's a disgrace.

We are still only about 2K above the Dees!

To me, it says that BJ, after playing 300 games for St Kilda, will either be our senior coach sometime in the future or President!