Pissed Off

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

St Michele
Club Player

saint1974 wrote:
robsaint wrote:how did you go saint1974 did you get your seats
Thanks robsaint we got premium too, but a long time member who can't stand got standing so my hubby is going to stand and give her his seat!
Your husband is a real 'Saint' what a lovely gesture you should be proud of him :lol: :lol:

Michele
Goals are dreams with deadlines!!
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

St Michele wrote:
saint1974 wrote:
robsaint wrote:how did you go saint1974 did you get your seats
Thanks robsaint we got premium too, but a long time member who can't stand got standing so my hubby is going to stand and give her his seat!
Your husband is a real 'Saint' what a lovely gesture you should be proud of him :lol: :lol:
Great work.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

matrixcutter wrote:im not saying anymore on the subject
i still dont know what friggin bay or row i have but at the moment im not really fussed
still fuming a little bit to be honest
going for a smoke :evil:
Not so much angry but I'm still very disappointed with the way they club did this.

I think the club made a real botch up of how they arranged their mid-season membership campaign and the subsequent allocation of tickets. They didn't treat their members with the respect and loyalty those members have shown.

Any process that alienates some of its most loyal supporters and creates a context where some of our most precious supporters - our elderly brigade and their grandkids - may miss out on the experience that they had deserved through ongoing and unequivocal support is flawed.

I'm delighted to be there (no idea exactly where yet) and feel for those of you who are disappointed with your allocation. As many have said, it's much, much better than not being there.

As I felt last week and over the weekend, the club did a bad job with the way they handled those things they could control. Getting the ticket I hoped for hasn't really fixed this.

Am I an outlier here? Are those who signed up for SC tickets happy with how the club handled their bit?

That's me done on the issue - letter to the club will wait until next week. More important fish for the club to fry this week :wink:

matrix
Saintsational Legend

well said cowboy18
i too will be letting the club know that strength thru loyalty should be adhered too.

just found out that some way cool peeps on here got standing room and im kinda dark about it and feeling friggin guilty that my ass is parked.
its just not right :evil:

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Im Sept saint and a friend of mine who is SC did not even get Standing room, when i am Succesfull? how is that right

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
asiu

this.

Am I an outlier here? Are those who signed up for SC tickets happy with how the club handled their bit?

very pissed off

bugger the september saints ...johnny cum latelys

foundation membership ...for me ...meant

yearly minimum 11 game membership / social club when i hardly ever could get here for a game

a straight effen donation every year , sweetened by the 'fact' that i , as a continuous member was guaranteed a gf ticket

standing room my semantic **** hairy pink arse

the club will get my letter as well , scathing in its tone , win or **** lose

loyalty ......the club couldn't spell the word

blame the afl / tickettec system if u want ...not me ....it was MY club , taking MY money and its MY clubs responsibility to **** fix it

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

clarky449 wrote:Im Sept saint and a friend of mine who is SC did not even get Standing room, when i am Succesfull? how is that right
Your friend can ring up Ticketek in the morning & get a standing room spot.

Don't forget that the club operates under the limits of the AFL & Ticketek systems.

While the idea of rewarding loyalty is admirable, it probably adds a significant cost to the running of the ticketing system that the AFL/Ticketek is not willing to meet.

asiu

and ps

who'll b **** givin em money early again

.... wait until june , see if we are a chance

idiot **** scenario ....reserved seaters at the dome (like me) cop it on the chin for who ?

pathetic johnny come latelys .....when the going gets good

sad

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

Animal Enclosure wrote:
clarky449 wrote:Im Sept saint and a friend of mine who is SC did not even get Standing room, when i am Succesfull? how is that right

Don't forget that the club operates under the limits of the AFL & Ticketek systems.

While the idea of rewarding loyalty is admirable, it probably adds a significant cost to the running of the ticketing system that the AFL/Ticketek is not willing to meet.
So true animal enclosure. Writing a scathing letter to the club is pointless. The whole ticketing system is out of their control. The club had no idea that 15% of the tickets were going to be standing room. That issue lies directly at the feet of the AFL. The crux of the problem is that many of the Social Club members chose to EXCLUDE standing room.

Your letters should be sent to the AFL. Stop blaming the club for problems that are out of their control. Those of you that are going, be grateful that you are going to be there as there are thousands of members that won't be able to attend at all!

Fortius Quo Fidelius
asiu

this is of no point ..

they were never going , for they chose not to be a social club member
... there are thousands of members that won't be able to attend at all!

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

gazrat wrote:this is of no point ..

they were never going , for they chose not to be a social club member
... there are thousands of members that won't be able to attend at all!
Did you read the paragraph before that? How many of the social club members that excluded standing room didn't get a ticket? I have not read of any Social Club members that have missed out on a TICKET (whether it be standing or seated) if they chose not to exclude standing room.

The AFL is at fault. I completely agree that the whole allocation of tickets and the quality of tickets is pathetic, but having a tantrum at St Kilda, who have no control over the crap allocation of tickets by the AFL, is pointless. THAT was the point of my post, not just the one sentence of my post you highlighted.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

More to the point, do we know of any September Saints who have received seats?

While other SC'ers who ticked standing room received standing room?

asiu

saint75...not at 'you' in any way

not at 'sept saints' either

theres a lot effed about this exercise.....and it needs to be fixed for next year..imo

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

saint75 wrote:
Animal Enclosure wrote:

So true animal enclosure. Writing a scathing letter to the club is pointless. The whole ticketing system is out of their control. The club had no idea that 15% of the tickets were going to be standing room. That issue lies directly at the feet of the AFL. The crux of the problem is that many of the Social Club members chose to EXCLUDE standing room.

Your letters should be sent to the AFL. Stop blaming the club for problems that are out of their control. Those of you that are going, be grateful that you are going to be there as there are thousands of members that won't be able to attend at all!
I'm sorry Saint75, but I cannot agree (and I got seats, so I'm not speaking personally).

YES I believe the CLub may not have been aware back in May when they decided (quite correctly IMO) to cash in and sell 3000 more Social CLub memberships, that a large proportion of the additional 3000 tickets were 'standing room'.

BUT I believe thaey had a responsibility to do something for the existing Social Club membership (Foundation Social CLub at least) who had made a financial commitment to the Club over a number of years to not be disadvantaged in this process.

Clearly they have been disadvantaged by this process.

I feel terribly sad for the elderly and young Social CLub members who have been abandoned by this process and are relying on the magnanamous gestures of fellow Sainters. It's just wrong IMO.

They paid for the privilege of being Foundation Social CLub Members and whatever that entailed (and I really do feel the ticket/seat argument is a 'technicality' that is something I'd expect from the AFL not St Kilda).

To me this problem was forseeable by the Club and something should have been done to alleviate it.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

Iceman234 wrote:More to the point, do we know of any September Saints who have received seats?

While other SC'ers who ticked standing room received standing room?
mate no way in the world that better have happened :evil:

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

This seems to be the crux of the problem. HOW where the club supposed to ensure through the registration process that elderly and children received seated tickets? Where in the ticketek system was the option available for you to state your age or your medical issues (barring mobility impaired)?

St Kilda don't have access/control over the ticketek system. They have access to a database of members information, but the ticketek system does not. St Kilda (as far as I am aware but stand to be corrected) were not the ones to allocate the seating. THIS is the problem.

I agree that the system is despicable. I have no argument with that. My point is purely that the club is not the one at fault.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

saint75 wrote:This seems to be the crux of the problem. HOW where the club supposed to ensure through the registration process that elderly and children received seated tickets? Where in the ticketek system was the option available for you to state your age or your medical issues (barring mobility impaired)?

St Kilda don't have access/control over the ticketek system. They have access to a database of members information, but the ticketek system does not. St Kilda (as far as I am aware but stand to be corrected) were not the ones to allocate the seating. THIS is the problem.

I agree that the system is despicable. I have no argument with that. My point is purely that the club is not the one at fault.
We are making a lot of assumptions here.
Do we know what Ticketek can do in their system?
Who knew that 15% of the allocation was 'standing room' and when did they know?

BUT in the end, even that is immaterial.
The real issue for me is that the Foundation Social CLub should have been given priority allocations over the other Social CLub members.

All that was needed to be done was for the CLub to send a list of the barcodes that belonged to Foundation Social CLub Members to Ticketek and for those barcodes to be processed first.
I don't believe that is such a difficult thing to do.
They seem capable of handling various levels of AFL and/or MCC membership without a problem?

On another note, does anybody know why we had to register with Ticketmaster and yet the actual tickets were handled by Ticketek?

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

Mr Magic wrote:
saint75 wrote:This seems to be the crux of the problem. HOW where the club supposed to ensure through the registration process that elderly and children received seated tickets? Where in the ticketek system was the option available for you to state your age or your medical issues (barring mobility impaired)?

We are making a lot of assumptions here.
Do we know what Ticketek can do in their system?
Who knew that 15% of the allocation was 'standing room' and when did they know?

BUT in the end, even that is immaterial.
The real issue for me is that the Foundation Social CLub should have been given priority allocations over the other Social CLub members.

All that was needed to be done was for the CLub to send a list of the barcodes that belonged to Foundation Social CLub Members to Ticketek and for those barcodes to be processed first.
I don't believe that is such a difficult thing to do.
They seem capable of handling various levels of AFL and/or MCC membership without a problem?

On another note, does anybody know why we had to register with Ticketmaster and yet the actual tickets were handled by Ticketek?
That is the problem. We are making assumptions. Unfortunately, unless you pay the big bucks (MCC, AFL) you appear to fall through the cracks. It appears that club members are treated with the 'be thankful you have a seat' mentality. Has anyone made a call to the club to ask the question? Maybe they can shed a little light on how the system works...??

Fortius Quo Fidelius