What would it feel like if we actually win?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ThePunter
Club Player

The thing that gets me is thinking about the players names being read out afterwards.

Joffa 5
Club Player

ThePunter wrote:The thing that gets me is thinking about the players names being read out afterwards.
Man that's a good thought. Please let it be!!

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

ThePunter wrote:The thing that gets me is thinking about the players names being read out afterwards.
Wow. Hadn't visualised that one. My visions are only up to the final siren and that moment if we are in front. :wink:

saintnick12
Club Player

It's giving me goose bumps already.

I thought I would have cried after the prelim on Friday night, but in the end I just felt numb, after all the stress of the game, and then the realization that I was going to the GF kicked in.

I can see "St Nick" holding the cup up with Ross and then calling the boys over to the podium with him. Milney and Bakes will be out of control. Kosi and Goddard will hug and cry, Zac will do his standard victory celebration.

God I hope we win!!!!

I don't even want to think about what it will be like to lose. But I have made it clear to the people I am going with that I will be staying until the end, to support our boys win, lose or draw. If they have to go through that at the end of the game, then I will stay to support them...I won't leave early.

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

saintnick12 wrote:
It's giving me goose bumps already.

I thought I would have cried after the prelim on Friday night, but in the end I just felt numb, after all the stress of the game, and then the realization that I was going to the GF kicked in.

I can see "St Nick" holding the cup up with Ross and then calling the boys over to the podium with him. Milney and Bakes will be out of control. Kosi and Goddard will hug and cry, Zac will do his standard victory celebration.

God I hope we win!!!!

I don't even want to think about what it will be like to lose. But I have made it clear to the people I am going with that I will be staying until the end, to support our boys win, lose or draw. If they have to go through that at the end of the game, then I will stay to support them...I won't leave early.

And add to that it will be Saints fans with tears of happiness, those are the pics that everyone will see instead of someone else, it will be us and our club

I love this club
Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

Sitting in Row B on the fence, I am so hoping I get the chance to high five someone.

I hope we sing the song out on the ground or even on the podium, that would be a first.

I have to stop dreaming. Stop it, stop it. They still have to play and win.

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Milan Faletic wrote:Sitting in Row B on the fence, I am so hoping I get the chance to high five someone.

I hope we sing the song out on the ground or even on the podium, that would be a first.

I have to stop dreaming. Stop it, stop it. They still have to play and win.

Well I hope to god you are singing the song, and sing it 4 time louder for me and the family, it will be a real stomach turner thats for sure

I love this club
OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

Man, I can't even begin to imagine what it would be like. every tme I watch the fianl minutes of a grand Final, I wonder how it must feel to support that team and to just know they've got it won! How does that feel???

I can't even begibn to imagine how utterly elated I would eb but I know one thing - I cannot possibly take another loss. the pain, the despair, the heartbreak - it would be too unbearable. This year has been so wonderful but for it to end in disappointment would hurt more than I could imagine. I'd get over it, but it would certainly hurt.

More than 2004, 2005, 1997 - throw any other eyar in there, failure this year will burn like nothing before. Either way, I am probably going to have the greatest or worst feeling of my life occur on Saturday afternoon.

I deserve this. I know a lot of supporters out there will say the same thing but i really do - the last two years have been sort of redeeming for the two or three prior to that where things were just s*** for me. But IO can safely say as good as the last couple of years have been, the puzzle is still missing one vital piece - a Premiership

I am hoping that at approximately 5:15 PM on Saturday afternoon, that final piece will click into place.

But f*** me, everyone else deserves it too.

I just want it so badly. Sorry to be so selfish...

:oops:

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

OneEyedSainter77 wrote:Man, I can't even begin to imagine what it would be like. every tme I watch the fianl minutes of a grand Final, I wonder how it must feel to support that team and to just know they've got it won! How does that feel???

I can't even begibn to imagine how utterly elated I would eb but I know one thing - I cannot possibly take another loss. the pain, the despair, the heartbreak - it would be too unbearable. This year has been so wonderful but for it to end in disappointment would hurt more than I could imagine. I'd get over it, but it would certainly hurt.

More than 2004, 2005, 1997 - throw any other eyar in there, failure this year will burn like nothing before. Either way, I am probably going to have the greatest or worst feeling of my life occur on Saturday afternoon.

I deserve this. I know a lot of supporters out there will say the same thing but i really do - the last two years have been sort of redeeming for the two or three prior to that where things were just s*** for me. But IO can safely say as good as the last couple of years have been, the puzzle is still missing one vital piece - a Premiership

I am hoping that at approximately 5:15 PM on Saturday afternoon, that final piece will click into place.

But f*** me, everyone else deserves it too.

I just want it so badly. Sorry to be so selfish...

:oops:

Summed up brillaintly, I know I will embarrass myself and shed a tear

I love this club