Welcome Luke Ball

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Quixote
SS Life Member

Think he'll still go via PSD.

Honestly believe Lyon would prefer Armitage/Geary/Steven in front of Bally.

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
vacuous space
SS Life Member

claystreet wrote:Malthouse says that they haven't ruled out getting Luke Ball through the pre-season draft
Yeah, that's worked well for them in the past.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

St. Luke wrote:I don't entirely disagree with you, as I also believe he'll have to make up some significant ground to both the club and its supporters! This could well be the makig of Luke Ball and everything we knew he could become! Either that or break him.
I would think he would have some significant ground to make up with his teammates.

Supporters should support any player in a Saints jumper.

We should be trying to show that we want him to do well while in our jumper.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Ball. Gun. Trigger. Bullet. Foot. Splat.

Silly, silly boy.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
St. Luke wrote:I don't entirely disagree with you, as I also believe he'll have to make up some significant ground to both the club and its supporters! This could well be the makig of Luke Ball and everything we knew he could become! Either that or break him.
I would think he would have some significant ground to make up with his teammates.

Supporters should support any player in a Saints jumper.

We should be trying to show that we want him to do well while in our jumper.
I personally believe (not that it means a huge amount) that he'd be looking back on this decision (especially now) and thinking he's made one hell of a mistake. I really hope he doesn't think it'd be too red-faced for him to about-face and reconsider his options at the Saints.

As Markp suggested he'd have to work hard to restore the damage, I don't think that's beyond him.

Whilst Bally might appear slow (as suggested by quite a few on this forum), there is no denying he is a tough nut, ball magnet! If only a few other players had the guts to put their head over the ball like Luke does!

I honestly hope he sticks around!

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
claystreet
Club Player

We have plenty who will put their head over the pill, he aint a solo act.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Saints may offer him a year :shock:

claystreet
Club Player

May not too

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

claystreet wrote:We have plenty who will put their head over the pill, he aint a solo act.
Yeah?? Who gets banged up more than Luke Ball in the centre?? Goddard is one...name me 3 more???

Who comes out more injured each game??? I don't recognise Ball sometimes because he hasn't had his head all bandaged up! Selfless player who's made an error in judgement IMHO!
Last edited by St. Luke on Fri 09 Oct 2009 3:02pm, edited 1 time in total.

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
claystreet
Club Player

LOL now its only centers is it

Lenny Hayes 1

CJ 2

Mini 3

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

claystreet wrote:LOL now its only centers is it

Lenny Hayes 1

CJ 2

Mini 3
Clearly you don't rate a former captain...weird!

claystreet
Club Player

Are you tripping you asked me 3 who get belted getting the pill in the center you wouldnt know what i think

YOUR WEIRD!!!

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

Re: Welcome Luke Ball

Batnoe wrote:If he decides not to go in the draft, i will welcome him back and cheer him and love seeing him under the pack

I think the thing that got me the most was he wanted a trade (was a collingwood fan as a kid)

I reckon he would feel hard done by by the pies by not trading for his worth

Lets welcome him back!!

Welcome back son! Sign your 3 year deal, play good footy and dont go to the Demons
Maybe it is all about possession of the Ball :lol: :lol: :wink:

cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

Welcome Luke, wishing you a long career at St Kilda. for those that haven't seen him before he's an in and under type and heaps tough. Here's a shot of in action.

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

claystreet wrote:Are you tripping you asked me 3 who get belted getting the pill in the center you wouldnt know what i think

YOUR WEIRD!!!
That's great. You get three ticks. Well done! :roll:

markp
Saintsational Legend

I would think (through his manager) he's burnt his bridges and there is stuff-all chance he will be staying... "untenable" you could say.

claystreet
Club Player

St. Luke wrote:
claystreet wrote:Are you tripping you asked me 3 who get belted getting the pill in the center you wouldnt know what i think

YOUR WEIRD!!!
Get with the program idiot

SaintWodonga
Club Player

markp wrote:I would think (through his manager) he's burnt his bridges and there is stuff-all chance he will be staying... "untenable" you could say.
+1

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

claystreet wrote:
St. Luke wrote:

YOUR WEIRD!!!
Ha, and you can talk ya f*ckin Yabby! :lol:

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:I would think (through his manager) he's burnt his bridges and there is stuff-all chance he will be staying... "untenable" you could say.
RL didn't sound like he was really enthusiastic.

Up to Luke and his master manager Connors.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
claystreet
Club Player

St. Luke wrote:
claystreet wrote:
St. Luke wrote:

YOUR WEIRD!!!
take your luke ball doll and go have a flog you childish little excuse for a human

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

claystreet wrote:
St. Luke wrote:
claystreet wrote:
St. Luke wrote:

YOUR WEIRD!!!
take your luke ball doll and go have a flog you childish little excuse for a human
Only if you give it your blessing prawnboy ;)

claystreet
Club Player

Its time for your milk and off to bed little one

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

claystreet wrote:Its time for your milk and off to bed little one
You'd know, man-o-knowledge of all things. Maybe you should change your name to shytestreet 8-)

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

claystreet wrote:Malthouse says that they haven't ruled out getting Luke Ball through the pre-season draft
Melbourne has already spoken to Luke Balls' management. The only way they will get him if there is a 'gentleman's agreement' that it is understood that he will only go to Collingwood. Judd did it with Carlton (Richmond could have picked him up before Carlton), so it is not completely unrealistic that this could happen.

Will be interesting to see what happens between now and the PSD. Ross, the coaching staff and Luke will have quite a few 'meaningful' discussions I would think.

Fortius Quo Fidelius