Okay pick this side

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Beej
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
Spinner wrote:
markinUSA wrote:From Wikipedia (and take that as you may)

Just a few weeks into the season, Stewart quit the club, citing a heart attack. Speculation was rife that he had actually suffered a nervous breakdown, a view that was supported by the fact that he had been charged by the police (under the name of Ian Cervi) for exposing himself to daytime shoppers in Glenhuntly Road Elsternwick, when parked opposite to the Elsternwick Post Office, but it is certain that he quit before he was sacked.

Was that his real name? Italian?
His mother's maiden name.
Ian Harlow Stewart (born Ian Cervi 30 July 1943), son of Aldo Liberale Cervi and Anita Cervi (née Stewart) who separated three years after his birth, is a former Australian rules footballer with Hobart in the Tasmanian Football League (1962), and in the Victorian Football League with St Kilda (1963-1970) and Richmond (1971-1975). He later coached South Melbourne and Carlton, and was an administrator at St Kilda.

According to that he used his mother's maiden name - Stewart.

ThePunter
Club Player

Back on track, I've been a member for ten years. The worst team I could come up with would include a lot of players who played 2000-2002

Ben Walton
Damien Ryan
Fred Campbell
Sam Cranage
Tim Elliott
Sean Charles
Damien Monkhorst
Justin Plapp
Joe McLaren

Chris Oliver
Daniel Wulf
Robert Powell
Brett Knowles
Mark Gale

Caydn Beetham

Add to those Michael Rix, Nick Stone and Justin Sweeney and you have a veritably crapulent starting 18 from this decade.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Batnoe wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Batnoe wrote:Players that actually played? or just on the list?
I would have to say Phil Raymond for those that never got a game

Otherwise a list could never stop
Tim Elliott
Chris Oliver
Sweeney
And you saw Sweeney play how many games from your Brisbane home?
Does it matter? the heading says choose a team of people we have delisted and i think this guy is on my list of players that should never have gotten game. Whether i saw him or not... i answered the question

So living in Brisbane is a negative? How's the weather down there?

I like it here, i get to see the games... I can travel down, but you are still stuck on shitty winters mate
It costs nothing for me to see 16 games live a year. You can see what one maybe two at best. Anyway my point still is that you woukld have no idea how Sweeney played. he was delisted for other reasons aprt from how he played. I suggest you stick to guys you at least see on TV.

Batnoe

plugger66 wrote:
Batnoe wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Tim Elliott
Chris Oliver
Sweeney
Does it matter? the heading says choose a team of people we have delisted and i think this guy is on my list of players that should never have gotten game. Whether i saw him or not... i answered the question

I like it here, i get to see the games... I can travel down, but you are still stuck on shitty winters mate
It costs nothing for me to see 16 games live a year. You can see what one maybe two at best. Anyway my point still is that you woukld have no idea how Sweeney played. he was delisted for other reasons aprt from how he played. I suggest you stick to guys you at least see on TV.
Sorry Justin

Middo
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
Batnoe wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Tim Elliott
Chris Oliver
Sweeney

Ok Plugger 69
So your rating Sweeney ? ....Just an ordinary player who copped a game when we had some injuries and yes we in QLD watch all the games live ( tv ) but he was never in them !!! So how many of the 16 you get to go to did he play in ?..We are so lucky to have a guy blessed with your knowledge on Saintsational ....Tool

Jack Newnes happy to be a Saint !!!! PS and to hit a target !!!