Lovett Why the Dons let him go ?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ace
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
ace wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:i am genuinely excited about lovett. this is a good time to be a saints fan.

im expecting some seriously high class footy next year. we will be pretty much the same team but with added leg speed which we lacked and added depth which we lacked (but got away with because of a good run of injuries)
I see Andrew Lovett providing what Xavier Clarke promised for so long but never delivered.

I also see Xavier Clarke having to deliver on his promise to Brisbane or Michael voss will quickly exterminate X's career.
Voss has already turned over a full one third of all players at Brisbane at his first real opportunity.
Unlike at St Kilda, X can expect absolutely no sympathy for injuries from Voss.
His job is to make Voss look good, it all about Voss at Brisbane and Voss is in a hurry.
And there is something wrong with that is there?
No, just suggesting X may have jumped out of the frying pan and into the fire.

Also that Voss has more to learn about mangement.
It is Ok for a manager to be ambitious but if he pursues it in the wrong manner he may fail.
Unlike a military general, a manager's staff may be unwilling to die for the manager's glory.
Like Bradshaw they may object to his lack of staff loyalty and leave.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
ace wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:i am genuinely excited about lovett. this is a good time to be a saints fan.

im expecting some seriously high class footy next year. we will be pretty much the same team but with added leg speed which we lacked and added depth which we lacked (but got away with because of a good run of injuries)
I see Andrew Lovett providing what Xavier Clarke promised for so long but never delivered.

I also see Xavier Clarke having to deliver on his promise to Brisbane or Michael voss will quickly exterminate X's career.
Voss has already turned over a full one third of all players at Brisbane at his first real opportunity.
His job is to make Voss look good, it all about Voss at Brisbane and Voss is in a hurry.

It is Ok for a manager to be ambitious but if he pursues it in the wrong manner he may fail.
Unlike a military general, a manager's staff may be unwilling to die for the manager's glory.
I would suggest they didnt want Bradshaw as they tried to trade him anyway. I would also suggest Voss had an excellent first year as coach and at the moment for season 2010 they are level with every other side so i am not sure we can say he has to learn more about management just yet.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
ace wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
ace wrote:

I would suggest they didnt want Bradshaw as they tried to trade him anyway. I would also suggest Voss had an excellent first year as coach and at the moment for season 2010 they are level with every other side so i am not sure we can say he has to learn more about management just yet.
One could argue that he had a great first year as coach, because the players were playing for him.

I think there is maybe 12 left that weren't either traded, delisted, or at least offered as traid bait. You are confident that that level of loyalty will still be there?

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

I really hope I get proven wrong, but.....

Andrew Lovett is woeful.

Pros: Quick. Reasonable skills.

Cons: Jibs it chronically. Mentally fragile.

Glad we have him because if the latter two can be turned around he'll be very good for us, but turning around the latter two things in footballers is a very, very difficult thing to do.

Still, I reckon it was worth the punt.

Having said that though, currently he is one of the most overrated and overhyped players in the game today.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:I really hope I get proven wrong, but.....

Andrew Lovett is woeful.

Glad we have him because if the latter two can be turned around he'll be very good for us, but turning around the latter two things in footballers is a very, very difficult thing to do.

Having said that though, currently he is one of the most overrated and overhyped players in the game today.
I've emailed RL and he thanks you profusely for your opinion and review of AL. . As its not Oct 30th yet its not too late to get him delisted so he'll get the wheels in motion.

Actually thats not what he said but there are kids reading this Forum ;-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:

Andrew Lovett is woeful.

I've emailed RL and he thanks you profusely for your opinion and review of AL. . As its not Oct 30th yet its not too late to get him delisted so he'll get the wheels in motion.
I don't think we should delist him.

mbogo
SS Hall of Fame

I say Lovett is a gun ... and will be ... mark my words. We need spark and opportunism and he will provide.
When it happens - Rodge will claim he thought it all along because "it was turned around" ... onya Rodge.

This is a team game and there is no room for individuals who think they are above walking through the fire.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Andrew Lovett is woeful.

"Woefuls" just sensationalism and detracts from your logic which I actually to some extent accept.

Lovett has lots to prove in my eyes and is very inconsistent.

That said, he posesses what we have none of - not just pace but electrifying speed and can execute skills in top gear (many have speed and kick like a mongrel when it matters).

For sure he was worth the punt and IF Tommy Walsh come even half good......Id say we win from pick 16.

“Yeah….nah””