Lovett Caught Drinking

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Milan Faletic wrote:
ace wrote:
Milan Faletic wrote:Drunk enough to be locked up. I am sure we have all been drunk before, but I have never been locked up because of it!! :shock: :wink:
But were you ever drunk whilst black.
You're right. As I said to jb, thought about that and I sincerely hope that wasn't the case.
Yeah, its all a racist conspiracy.

Maybe he got locked up because he is a bit of a d**khead.

Might explain his previous issues to.

The thought processes of some is completely mind-boggling. He has issues, a number of them, and posters use the racist card.

Issues include, drivers license being suspended, driving whilst suspended, domestic violence and now this which in comparison isnt a big deal.....He is just a idiot as a person.

Good player though, and glad to have him - just cant believe as soon he is one his list, people start making excuses for him.

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:
Milan Faletic wrote:
ace wrote:
Milan Faletic wrote:Drunk enough to be locked up. I am sure we have all been drunk before, but I have never been locked up because of it!! :shock: :wink:
You're right. As I said to jb, thought about that and I sincerely hope that wasn't the case.

The thought processes of some is completely mind-boggling. He has issues, a number of them, and posters use the racist card.

Issues include, drivers license being suspended, driving whilst suspended, domestic violence and now this which in comparison isnt a big deal.....He is just a idiot as a person.

Good player though, and glad to have him - just cant believe as soon he is one his list, people start making excuses for him.
Exactly!!!

Wow, walk away from the computer for 20 minutes and suddenly Lovett's been locked up because the Coppers are racist. :shock: :cry:

FFS, get a clue people.

Disappointing from people I thought would think more logically.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:
Milan Faletic wrote:
ace wrote:

100% agree. just started to write pretty much the same thing until I read this post.

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Is going to need a lot of support and counselling....

It's obvious Andy LOVETT has a susbstance abuse problem which until he acknowledges and gets help he will continue his downward spiral. He will require a lot of support and counselling from the club to get him through it. Hopefully he wants to improve himself otherwise his path is written...

The Bombers must be quitely sniggering this morning reading this! They got rid of a problem child for a Round 1 selection # 16 and will possibly get BALL (quality person ) for next to nothing.

Ross has done well in previous trade periods but this year he is in the negative by plenty...

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Iceman234 wrote:
Spinner wrote:
Milan Faletic wrote:
ace wrote:

Exactly!!!

Wow, walk away from the computer for 20 minutes and suddenly Lovett's been locked up because the Coppers are racist. :shock: :cry:

FFS, get a clue people.

Lovett was locked up because he was found in the street, possibly asleep, definately drunk at 6.15am. THAT IS ALL !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Re: Is going to need a lot of support and counselling....

WinnersOnly wrote:It's obvious Andy LOVETT has a susbstance abuse problem which until he acknowledges and get help he will continue he downward spiral. He will require a lot of support and counselling from the club to get him through it. Hopefully he wants to improve himself otherwise his path is written
well said. he has his chance for a fresh start. the club can help, but ultimately he is the only one who can change things.

The Linton Street Flash
Club Player

Iceman234 wrote:
Spinner wrote:
Milan Faletic wrote:
ace wrote:

Exactly!!!

FFS, get a clue people.

FFS you get a clue you loud mouth bore.

You're trying to convince us that a drunk black guy wondering around St Kilda at night would be the same to a copper as a drunk white guy?

Give me a break - what planet are you living on.

Try talking to a black guy at some stage in your life and ask them about their experiences in situations like this.

Yeah Lovett probably was acting like a dick (I don't know that as a fact, and neither do you) but if you think the experiences of blacks, in dealings with the law, are the same as that of whites you are seriously deluded.

Enough of your high and mighty "I'm disappointed" codswallop - go and read a bit of history FFS!

You wouldn't know logic if it bit you on the arse!

Some people!

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Look again it's the Flash!!
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Let's just deal in the FACTS here. Lovett was found "IN A DRUNKEN STATE" at 6.15am. By anoyone's standards, that is pretty bloody sad

Anyone, and I mean ANYONE found in that situation at 6.15am is asking for trouble.

For mine, not good enough for a professional athlete, made worse because he is now one of ours

We cannot and should not condem the coppers in this case as it appears that they were just doing their job !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

The Linton Street Flash wrote:
Iceman234 wrote:
Spinner wrote:
Milan Faletic wrote:
ace wrote:

Exactly!!!

FFS, get a clue people.

You're trying to convince us that a drunk black guy wondering around St Kilda at night would be the same to a copper as a drunk white guy?

Try talking to a black guy at some stage in your life and ask them about their experiences in situations like this.

Yeah Lovett probably was acting like a dick (I don't know that as a fact, and neither do you) but if you think the experiences of blacks, in dealings with the law, are the same as that of whites you are seriously deluded.

Enough of your high and mighty "I'm disappointed" codswallop - go and read a bit of history FFS!

Some people!

No ones questioning history - But posters like you are ignorantly ignoring past records and past occurrences.

If you want to believe he was locked up because he is black - so be it.

Maybe he shouldn't be blamed for his past incidents as well.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Iceman234 wrote:
Spinner wrote:
Milan Faletic wrote:
ace wrote:

Exactly!!!

FFS, get a clue people.

Some people!

History says women dont vote either. I would think coppers are way past just locking up the black guy thing. he was drunk and was locked up for that. I have been locked up for that and I am white. the only difference is I wasnt charged. Maybe thats a black thing to.
Last edited by plugger66 on Sun 15 Nov 2009 1:51pm, edited 1 time in total.

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

No, you're right Flash, I don't have a clue.

Fair dinkum, some people is right.

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

Iceman234 wrote:No, you're right Flash, I don't have a clue.

Fair dinkum, some people is right.

Agree, Halo. It's just a forum, Flash. Relax. Enjoy the day. Get to know the people, Flash. My comments were merely speculative. If you read all my posts , you should see that. No conspiracy, no subterfuge, no accusations. Just spifballing.

Thanks for the personal advice on my personality and logic, Flash :wink:

ace
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
Iceman234 wrote:
Spinner wrote:
Milan Faletic wrote:
ace wrote:

Exactly!!!

FFS, get a clue people.

Lovett was locked up because he was found in the street, possibly asleep, definately drunk at 6.15am. THAT IS ALL !!
I thought I baited that hook pretty well to catch you Plugger.
But fishing is an unpredictable sport, Spinner and Iceman took the hook first and second.
You are slipping Plugger.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
ace
Saintsational Legend

Now what were our extremely scarce police resources doing in Wellington St, St Kilda at 6:15 in the morning and they even got out of their police car.

Hmmm.

Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote:Now what were our extremely scarce police resources doing in Wellington St, St Kilda at 6:15 in the morning and they even got out of their police car.

Hmmm.
Clearly looking for cheap hookers, got p'd off at not finding one so they cracked the s***s and locked up a drunk Aborigine... :wink:

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote:Now what were our extremely scarce police resources doing in Wellington St, St Kilda at 6:15 in the morning and they even got out of their police car.

Hmmm.
Waiting for Krispy Kreme to open. :lol: :wink:

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Iceman234 wrote:
Exactly!!!

FFS, get a clue people.

Some people!

lol

Flash calling a poster with over twenty years experience as a policeman..

"a loud mouth bore" and stating
"Give me a break - what planet are you living on."
"You wouldn't know logic if it bit you on the arse!"

Yep you're right about one thing

Some people!

lol

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
ace
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Iceman234 wrote:
Spinner wrote:
Milan Faletic wrote:
ace wrote:

Exactly!!!

FFS, get a clue people.

Some people!

History says women dont vote either. I would think coppers are way past just locking up the black guy thing. he was drunk and was locked up for that. I have been locked up for that and I am white. the only difference is I wasnt charged. Maybe thats a black thing to.
Gee locked whilst white, you must have been really pissed.

Was it after this year's grand final - that would be excuseable.

66 Saints
Club Player

Well its November and not September so perspective is important. A good test for the clubs leadership, unfortunately some people do some silly things and it takes a while for the penny to drop, this happening now may not be a bad thing. the players are about to get into the full preseason swing and will have plenty of time to work with and help Lovett.
A 27 yr old wandering around St Kilda drunk at 6am isn't that unusual...especially one techincally on holidays, just ask all the British backpackers!

Quixote
SS Life Member

Better that this is happening now than in a few months time.

Ross, Lenny and the Roo obviously have some work to do with Andrew, yes. But I firmly believe they will pull the guy into line.

I mean, you wake up, hungover like a bastard in a police cell. Things are bad enough, right? Then you check your phone and see a terse text from Ross Lyon requesting your company.

I wouldn't be looking forward to it.

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
Moods
Saintsational Legend

Trust me you don't get locked up for just being pis$ed. Otherwise every second person would be locked up. Coppers don't lock you up b/c they enjoy it. It's a pain in the ar$e. Despite what some very ignorant posters will tell you, 99.9% of coppers would never lock a person up just b/c of race.

Lovett was either 1) extremely aggressive - which appears very unlikely considering no ther charges were laid and you would think the media would be all over this if he was or 2) was so drunk he was a danger to himself and he was locked up for his own safety. The latter appears likely.

I made my thoughts clear on Lovett prior to our drafting him, and there's nothing worse than a 'I told you so' wanker. Instead, now that he's a saint I just hope he can turn himself around and not only become a better person, but a more consistent footballer. In isolation this matter is not a huge deal (although been a while since a saints player has been in the news for this sort of thing) but in context of his past history, it's worrying to say the least.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote:Trust me you don't get locked up for just being pis$ed. Otherwise every second person would be locked up. Coppers don't lock you up b/c they enjoy it. It's a pain in the ar$e. Despite what some very ignorant posters will tell you, 99.9% of coppers would never lock a person up just b/c of race.

Lovett was either 1) extremely aggressive - which appears very unlikely considering no ther charges were laid and you would think the media would be all over this if he was or 2) was so drunk he was a danger to himself and he was locked up for his own safety. The latter appears likely.

I made my thoughts clear on Lovett prior to our drafting him, and there's nothing worse than a 'I told you so' wanker. Instead, now that he's a saint I just hope he can turn himself around and not only become a better person, but a more consistent footballer. In isolation this matter is not a huge deal (although been a while since a saints player has been in the news for this sort of thing) but in context of his past history, it's worrying to say the least.
Number two is usually the case.

loris
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote:
or 2) was so drunk he was a danger to himself and he was locked up for his own safety. The latter appears likely.
Yes this often happens Moods....it may have been a reason for the night in the cells......remember folks it even happened to Ben Cousins......he wasn't black last time I looked at him on the footy field.

Walk a few feet in a coppers shoes and you'll realise general joe public usually knows nought about how and why decisions are made to take a drunk person off the street. :roll: :roll: :roll:

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Drunk {insert name of of any other team except St Kilda here} player picked up and he's a drunken fool who should have the book thrown at him

Drunk St Kilda player picked up and the coppers a racist

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
avid
Club Player

This thread started out very reasonable. Then it unhinged itself.
From what I read at the beginning, all posters were speculating on what might have happened, and hoping for the best:
1: Lovett was drunk, but causing no offence, and was just locked up for his own safety. WE HOPE THIS IS TRUE
2: he was drunk and abusive, and got picked up for being drunk and abusive. WE HOPE NOT, FOR CLUB'S SAKE
3: he was drunk, and got picked up for being drunk and black. WE HOPE NOT, FOR SOCIETY'S SAKE
Nobody had jumped to any conclusion.
Then suddenly there's an avalanche of abuse from people accusing others of jumping to consclusions. It's these people who are the ranting conclusion-jumpers.
This is the normal way this forum works. But it does make it hard to have a normal and reasonable conversation on it.
Thanks for the original post, and the early chat. I'm worried and disappointed too, and am keen to find out what actually did happen.