Robbo will be interviewing Rossy today- the Lovett question

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:According to Robbo club can basically do little at present as it may "prejudice the case"..

So until something changes Lovett will just stay on indefinte suspension.
Which was basically what was stated in the HS today...

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
santazzi
Club Player

RL said in relation to the GF ".....Geelong did some subtle things.... " and a spoilt sport our coach is, went on to say his lips are sealed because those subtle things are intellectual property...!!!!!!.....I then watched the GF in the hope of locating the subtle things........I saw nothing .....the only thing I picked up was his statement that we did not excute.....did anyone out there saw the "subtle things?"..................... :lol:

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

RL said Lovett is indefinitely suspended until the police investigation has concluded.

So hurry the F*** up coppers :)

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

In trying to draw any conclusions from that regarding AL, I think tht the club probably don't expect the police investigation to take too long.

Interesting that since the initial breaking of the story and understandably passionate responses on here calling for AL's head on a platter, there seems to have been a general diminishing of heated feelings towards him.

Will be a most interesting place if it ends up there are no charges and he plays for us and starts tearing it up..... :shock: :?: :|

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
Foz
Club Player

AFL Coaches are more "managers" of players that walk through the door, especially as game time accounts for such a small component of life as an AFL footballer.

I found these two quotes symbolic of the whole AL saga. "Come back from training and see how they present and see their mindset" and "you know what, there is a myth that coaches pick teams, players pick themselves."

The when you read that Roo and RL speak daily and Nick "hes got strong views" and Roo described himself as "competitive" you understand this focus on player responsibility to the club. See AL, See Luke Ball. Its not will RL take us there? its does the player want it? If so the coach/manager will take you there.

I found the fact Ben McEvoy came 3rd in our 3km time trial fantastic news. The kid was a high achiever in school and co-captained Bushrangers in TAC. Theres a lot of desire and leadership poking through which for our club is great news. He's also a forward/ruck so has that flexibility that RL seeks in 2010. You feel with the handbrake of enthusiasm being applied to King, gardy and the recruiting of Patterson that its only a matter of time till Macca makes big inroads.

PJ
SS Life Member

He's also a forward/ruck so has that flexibility that RL seeks in 2010
I think this is where Ross's comments about Kosi going into the ruck more come in. If these 2 can alternate it'll make the forward structure less Roo/Kosi predictable.

Not much has been mentioned about Lynch & Heyne, I'd like to see one of these 2 putting their hand up for forward duties. BJ and Dal already wander forward for the odd goal but I still see them as intrinsically midfielders.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
asiu

'subtle' .... the fact it was raining and we played a heavy legged slow moving warhorse in the ruck rather than the young buck ?

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

A fantastic feature article. Robbo & Ross are to be congratulated. It just seemed like two guys who were very honest and respected each others position. On the AL subject; Robbo was persistent - as he should have been. Ross was defiant - as he should have been.

Congrats Saints, Herald-Sun, Ross & Robbo !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

True Believer wrote:In trying to draw any conclusions from that regarding AL, I think tht the club probably don't expect the police investigation to take too long.

Interesting that since the initial breaking of the story and understandably passionate responses on here calling for AL's head on a platter, there seems to have been a general diminishing of heated feelings towards him.

Will be a most interesting place if it ends up there are no charges and he plays for us and starts tearing it up..... :shock: :?: :|
Sorry but I am afraid none of that last line will happen.

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

LYON makes the right changes...

LYON makes the right changes...Flexibility in our team and a lack of medium sized marking forward were issues people raised last year. It is a bit slow coming but it is refreshing to see the coaches are on the right track.

I dont wont to be flogging the hindsight line - but I think if we had of moved Kosi into the Ruck earlier and mixed it up in our forward line we would now have our 2nd flag. The forward line options could have been Dal, Goddard, Raph and I thought on the day we could have released Sam FISHER forward, a swap for Dempster. We just had too much of the play in our forward line without reward - eventually the run of play turns. I thought McQualter could have been rotated back to get our match ups better. BALL on the bench in the last was a major blunder.

I think LYON's lack of flexibility and feel for the game in his match day coaching was his only weakness, but hopefully he can correct that. Its great to have faith in the preparation and processes but in close games like GF's sometimes you have to dare to win.
Last edited by WinnersOnly on Sat 23 Jan 2010 12:14pm, edited 1 time in total.

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I liked TE approach when the assistant coaches were interviewed in the Saints 2010 book about our new faces fitting into calculations.

"Each player brings a different skill set to compliment what we already have, which is adequate, but their addition will certainly help us in a number of areas"

So when to comes to AL, think helpful, not neccessary.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: LYON makes the right changes...

WinnersOnly wrote:LYON makes the right changes...Flexibility in our team and a lack of medium sized marking forward up forward were issues people raised last year. It is a bit slow coming but it is refreshing to see the coaches are on the right track.

I dont wont to be flogging the hindsight line - but I think if we had of moved Kosi into the Ruck earlier and mixed it up in our forward line we would now have our 2nd flag. The forward line options could have been Dal, Goddard, Raph and I thought on the day we could have released Sam FISHER forward, a swap for Dempster. We just had too much of the play in our forward line without reward - eventually the run of play turns. I thought McQualter could have been rotated back to get our match ups better. BALL on the bench in the last was a major blunder.

I think LYON's lack of flexibility and feel for the game in his match day coaching was his only weakness, but hopefully he can correct that. Its great to have faith is the preparation and processes but in close games like GF's sometimes you have to dare to win.
Or kick more accurately for goal.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

santazzi wrote:RL said in relation to the GF ".....Geelong did some subtle things.... " and a spoilt sport our coach is, went on to say his lips are sealed because those subtle things are intellectual property...!!!!!!.....I then watched the GF in the hope of locating the subtle things........I saw nothing .....the only thing I picked up was his statement that we did not excute.....did anyone out there saw the "subtle things?"..................... :lol:
Yep. They kicked goals.

They also didn't panic in the coaches box on the day.

They also selected well.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

WinnersOnly wrote:
I think LYON's lack of flexibility and feel for the game in his match day coaching was his only weakness, but hopefully he can correct that. Its great to have faith in the preparation and processes but in close games like GF's sometimes you have to dare to win.
I tend to think the opposite.

We were winning. Albeit should have been winning by more - but that more than anything was due to poor conversion.

When we were winning, in front, in control, what does he do?? Changes tact and plays right into Geelong's hands in the final term! The result? We can't score and they do on the rebound.

It's the most baffling coaching move I've ever witnessed in my life.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
WinnersOnly wrote:

We were winning. Albeit should have been winning by more - but that more than anything was due to poor conversion.

When we were winning, in front, in control, what does he do?? Changes tact and plays right into Geelong's hands in the final term! The result? We can't score and they do on the rebound.

You are really seaching for it today RF. By the way what was that huge margin at three quarter time?

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
You are really seaching for it today RF. By the way what was that huge margin at three quarter time?
Huge margin??

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Huge margin??
Well apperently we were in control so i thought we must have had a big lead.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
WinnersOnly wrote:

He is certainly up for some healthy discussion today. RF, if you for a moment thought we were in complete control, then that is the most baffling view I have heard in my life :)

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Huge margin??
No. You were being a smart arrse.

You have too much knowledge of the game to assume that being in control equates directly to a huge margin.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
He is certainly up for some healthy discussion today. RF, if you for a moment thought we were in complete control, then that is the most baffling view I have heard in my life :)
If I thought we were in 'complete control' I would have said that.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Huge margin??

You have too much knowledge of the game to assume that being in control equates directly to a huge margin.
I also have to much knowledge to know that an AFL coach who knows his players and also sees them at every break has much more knowledge than you or me.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
SainterK wrote:
If I thought we were in 'complete control' I would have said that.
]

Control is just not a word I would have used at all, but each to their own.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Huge margin??

I also have to much knowledge to know that an AFL coach who knows his players and also sees them at every break has much more knowledge than you or me.
You'd also know that coaches make mistakes.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
WinnersOnly wrote:

...and RL admitted afterwards that he may have made a tactical mistake...so there....we all know it..and you bringing it up for he 4 billionth time just reinforces your obsesssion with finding fault with him (2nd only to your obsession with winding the Forum up then running away 8-) )

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Huge margin??

You'd also know that coaches make mistakes.
Only ever in hindsight. What they do at the time is what they believe will help win the game and how can I as a supporter and no AFL knowledge apart from watching from a distance criticise them at the time.