How are we still flag favourites?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Longwayfromhome wrote:Wish in one hand and s*** in the other. What gets full first. Yes, you're right, the s***.
Why are we flag favorites? I'm not sure.
Yes we won22 of 25 games last year, but that was last year. We won 3 out of our last 6 games. 50% people.
We beat Collingwood by a point. the Sydney Swans by a point, a piss week Freemantle by twelve goals and lost to the Bulldogs by 40 points when it counted. Only the Nab cup, but games of footy none the less.
Our Captain is the only forward looking to go forward and our ruck stocks are more than 'over the hill".
Our back line is showing signs of 'what will happen if so and so doesn't come up' and the media keeps referring to the TWIN TOWERS which is no more than an insult to our captain, because he is so far ahead of the named full forward in our team that it's becoming embarrassing. One tower and a housing commission unit maybe.
Install us as favorites at your own risk. I won't be backing the boys until they show me a little more than nostalgia.
I've gotta say I think this is pretty realistic.

Of course plenty of supporter will get upset by it, but I think it's a pretty fair assessment.

Saintsfan
Club Player

rodgerfox wrote:
Longwayfromhome wrote:Wish in one hand and s*** in the other. What gets full first. Yes, you're right, the s***.
Why are we flag favorites? I'm not sure.
Yes we won22 of 25 games last year, but that was last year. We won 3 out of our last 6 games. 50% people.
We beat Collingwood by a point. the Sydney Swans by a point, a piss week Freemantle by twelve goals and lost to the Bulldogs by 40 points when it counted. Only the Nab cup, but games of footy none the less.
Our Captain is the only forward looking to go forward and our ruck stocks are more than 'over the hill".
Our back line is showing signs of 'what will happen if so and so doesn't come up' and the media keeps referring to the TWIN TOWERS which is no more than an insult to our captain, because he is so far ahead of the named full forward in our team that it's becoming embarrassing. One tower and a housing commission unit maybe.
Install us as favorites at your own risk. I won't be backing the boys until they show me a little more than nostalgia.
I've gotta say I think this is pretty realistic.

Of course plenty of supporter will get upset by it, but I think it's a pretty fair assessment.
It proves how the organisation did not make the mostof what was infront of it last year. It displays it clear as day.

When supporters start waiting for our better players to come back from injury or into form then we are well up shti creek without a paddle and any sort of life saving device.

The Saintsfan Cometh
PJ
SS Life Member

When supporters start waiting for our better players to come back from injury or into form then we are well up shti creek without a paddle and any sort of life saving device.
You're absolutely right lets all go barrack for Collingwood

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.