Goddard is.........

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

Didn't most people on this forum want to get rid of him a few years ago? :wink:

midas_touch
Club Player

Spinner wrote:
snoopygirl wrote:
clarky449 wrote:
Calais wrote:Our next captain?
No way, do you see the way he goes off at team-mates due to an error, not what you want from a captain
I reckon that's exactly what you want from your captain.
Far from it.

Would you want that from a manager?

Captains need to know how to get the best out of players. Going off at people isnt the right method for everyone.
The method worked for Roy Keane, one of the best soccer captains of all time.

Trust the Midas Touch

"My heart is at St.Kilda, I've been here seven years, I only wanted to play for them." (Fraser Gehrig, 27/11/2007)
Moods
Saintsational Legend

shmic_s wrote:
snoopygirl wrote:
clarky449 wrote:
Calais wrote:Our next captain?
No way, do you see the way he goes off at team-mates due to an error, not what you want from a captain
I reckon that's exactly what you want from your captain.
I agree. Teams need leadership on the field even more these days. Need to know when to hold possession, when to press etc. Some players need to be told when they do something wrong.

He can be quite emotional out on the field. Wears his heart on his sleeve, which may count against him. But nothing wrong with giving the odd team mate a bake if they do something wrong.

Any way, hes a gun player. Easily the best utility going around. And in the top 3 players in the league so far this season.
I agree with Clarky449 - However leadership can be learnt whilst on the job. Not sure Roo was the perfect leader either when he first got the job, he's developed beautifully into the role. I recall Nathan Buckley was very critical of team mates and learnt that not everyone responds the same way to a bake. He became arguably collingwood's best captain. I am confident that BJ can become this type of player and take his game to another level again if he was amde captain.

Saintsfan
Club Player

[quote="mr six o'clock"]Didn't most people on this forum want to get rid of him a few years ago? :wink:[/quote

Or that he should not play with so much passion re when he yelled at Goose a few years ago out of the field.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing however for all the astute judges out there that wrote him off...morons

The Saintsfan Cometh
clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Saintsfan wrote:
mr six o'clock wrote:Didn't most people on this forum want to get rid of him a few years ago? :wink:[/quote

Or that he should not play with so much passion re when he yelled at Goose a few years ago out of the field.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing however for all the astute judges out there that wrote him off...morons
Wasnt that Maxxy against port power

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93