Pattison in. Baker out.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

Pattison for full-back perhaps? Has trained as a defender in the past.

More likely Koschitzke is out however.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:There were moments last week when we had McEvoy Gards and Stanley on the ground as well as Kosi on an extremely wet ground.

This week under the roof will be different and one hopes we will always have one fresh tall on the bench if not two for some time
but whilst that happened our smalls were getting a rest on the bench, so this will not completely destroy the run we get.

I guess I find it a strange team to play tall against, unless he plays full back against the big russian?

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:There were moments last week when we had McEvoy Gards and Stanley on the ground as well as Kosi on an extremely wet ground.

This week under the roof will be different and one hopes we will always have one fresh tall on the bench if not two for some time
but whilst that happened our smalls were getting a rest on the bench, so this will not completely destroy the run we get.

I guess I find it a strange team to play tall against, unless he plays full back against the big russian?
Well I'd be very, very surprised if we went with the 22 named.

And it's not like there hasn't been any last minute changes before.

battye
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:I would be right behind him but hell we are the tallest we have been since we tried the gehrig, kosi, roo experiment (pretty sure blake was rucking then)
That was our forward line for a few years, it was hardly an experiment.

In fact the only reason it might have appeared that way was because seemingly someone was always out with injury. :(

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
saint58
Club Player

I hope stanley starts at CHF in possible his last game for us as rooey will be back next week.

Iam a bit perplexed by the discission of adding luke miles to the emergencys in replacing Gram,is he still injured?

Putting patterson in for a small guy maybe the club knows something and a emergency will play instead like Luke Miles would is quick and played well for sandy.

Maybe Kosi will line up in the back line to be the tall defender would ge good to see he would not have to worry about leading out just making a man and even kosi can do that.

He has played there years ago and got the rising star award for CHB maybe a option.
Last edited by saint58 on Fri 02 Jul 2010 7:15pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

realdeal wrote:people have only queried it because having potentially 4-5 ruckmen in a team is unusual to say the least..
Maybe the coach is developing a new game plan which is diametrically opposed to Pagan's Paddock.

Lyon's "Manhattan Skyline" :D

battye
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
realdeal wrote:people have only queried it because having potentially 4-5 ruckmen in a team is unusual to say the least..
Maybe the coach is developing a new game plan which is diametrically opposed to Pagan's Paddock.

Lyon's "Manhattan Skyline" :D
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Again, I am not surprised with Pattison being in the side, considering his only game with us he played better that McEvoy IMO, yet Pattison has been rubbished by a few posters from then to now and has played consistent football in the VFL...

What does surprise me is that Gram is still not right and the same with Eddy...

Does anyone know what is wrong with Eddy, who was a late withdrawal from last weeks game?

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:
Solar wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:
Solar wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:I don't think one poster has ever been complimentary towards Pattison.

He is a Saints player and deserves a little encouragement

FFS Give him a chance :roll:
good luck to him but would say the same no matter which 5 rucks we had. If he came in for say kosi, macca, gards etc. I would be right behind him but hell we are the tallest we have been since we tried the gehrig, kosi, roo experiment (pretty sure blake was rucking then)
For starters they are not going to be on the ground at the same time.

One would think either McEvoy/Pattison will be the second ruck with the other in the forward line rotating with Stanley
so we will have 4 on the ground any time.....

Hope our small are on tackling form because the ball will shoot out quickly if not. Also loose a runner in geary from last week (will play smalll back)
I really don't follow you...

Two tall forwards and one ruck on the ground - most of the time
and two on the bench then? What a slow bench we have then!!! Unless you want stanely to either play back or on the wing.

stanley, kosi, pattison, macca and gardiner are all in that team. Only one plays as a lead up forward (kosi can also lead up at a pinch).

Very slow team IMO
Did Stanley not win the GF sprint?

And looks like Kosi won't come up anyway.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
Leo.J
SS Life Member

http://www.sportingpulse.com/team_info. ... 83&a=STATS

He's been doing alright in the magoos.

Saint4Eva
Club Player

Solar wrote:
Saint4Eva wrote:
SainterK wrote:Maybe just confirms that Kosi could be a late change?
yeah i saw him today with raph, he couldnt walk
how was raph looking?
to be honest i didnt pay alot of attention to Raph, as soon as i saw Kozi just focused on him coz he looked so sore.

linz
Club Player

I think we're doing what Geelong are doing. Rest and rotate key players to have them cherry ripe for the finals.

I once spent a year in Adelaide, I think it was on a Sunday.
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

next week - patto out, nick in?

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
Wrote for Luck
Club Player

desertsaint wrote:next week - patto out, nick in?
Close. Next week Stanley out and Nick in to interchange with Patto or other like option in CHF role. Patto is getting a warm up game to assist with transition match next week.

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:Again, I am not surprised with Pattison being in the side, considering his only game with us he played better that McEvoy IMO, yet Pattison has been rubbished by a few posters from then to now and has played consistent football in the VFL...

Does anyone know what is wrong with Eddy, who was a late withdrawal from last weeks game?
Pattison is a good VFL player and that's all he'll ever be. We are in trouble if we need to play him in the seniors.

If you cared to look on the Saints website, you'd find Eddy has a sore knee.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:Again, I am not surprised with Pattison being in the side, considering his only game with us he played better that McEvoy IMO, yet Pattison has been rubbished by a few posters from then to now and has played consistent football in the VFL...

Pattison is a good VFL player and that's all he'll ever be. We are in trouble if we need to play him in the seniors.

I really don't like your tone, but in any case was McEvoy just a good VFL player last year when he played??

All I am saying is give this 25 year old ruck a chance, there are too many negative posters re Pattison..

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:All I am saying is give this 25 year old ruck a chance, there are too many negative posters re Pattison..
Agree with that.

The guy may end up being no good but he's been here less than a year. Let's give him a chance.

Who knows, he may end up "Clintjonesing" his knockers. :D

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:

I really don't like your tone, but in any case was McEvoy just a good VFL player last year when he played??

All I am saying is give this 25 year old ruck a chance, there are too many negative posters re Pattison..
No, McEvoy is a kid who has a big AFL future. Pattison is a dud that even Richmond dumped.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Surely one of the rucks will drop out late and we'll slot in an emg.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:Surely one of the rucks will drop out late and we'll slot in an emg.

Yep, I have no doubt there'll be some droppin' and some slottin' :D

Moods
Saintsational Legend

How can you say that? Pattison was woeful in a team that won by 100 points in his only game. That's a challenge in itself to play that poorly in a team that's winning that well. He looked slow, awkward and devoid of skill. Sorry but I didn't see anything in him that inspired confidence. Hope he's doing well in the reserves, b/c if he's just been added to replace a tall I reckon it's a mistake. We may as well go short and structure up differently. Hope like hell that I'm wrong. I certainly won't be bagging him on Sunday and will give him the only support that really matters - at the ground.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote:

How can you say that? Pattison was woeful in a team that won by 100 points in his only game. That's a challenge in itself to play that poorly in a team that's winning that well. He looked slow, awkward and devoid of skill. Sorry but I didn't see anything in him that inspired confidence. Hope he's doing well in the reserves, b/c if he's just been added to replace a tall I reckon it's a mistake. We may as well go short and structure up differently. Hope like hell that I'm wrong. I certainly won't be bagging him on Sunday and will give him the only support that really matters - at the ground.
Yeah righto and just how good was McEvoy in that match?

Moods
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
Moods wrote:

Yeah righto and just how good was McEvoy in that match?
Can't recall to be honest. Not as bad as Pattison though. One thing that I do recall thinking as I left that game is that Patto was woeful. was the only -ive on an otherwise +ive day. McEvoy has had his good and poor games this year. So what? You're surely not suggesting that we should be playing Pattison ahead of McEvoy are you?

Pattison is nothing more than a back-up ruckman in case we have a crisis like the hawks did at the start of the year. PIcking 3 ruckman in the final team makes absolutely no sense to me. If there's a cloud over any of the ruckman well bring Patto in once that ruckman pulls out.

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

From memory there was not much difference in their Stats, Patto's may have even been slightly better. But what is bewildering me is that the best Saints player for Sandy last week was S.King. Now what does that tell you?

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:From memory there was not much difference in their Stats, Patto's may have even been slightly better. But what is bewildering me is that the best Saints player for Sandy last week was S.King. Now what does that tell you?
That King played well?

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'