Good Call Bad Call

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

boneless23
Club Player

midas_touch wrote:
Do the Saints have less talent on the park than the other major contenders, good call bad call?
Bad call....We have more talent at the upper end than Collingwood and the Dogs but its depth that lets us down

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Nick Riewoldt will not win a premiership if St Kilda don't win one in 2010 or 2011. Good call, bad call?

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

dcstkfc wrote:
Beej wrote:
dcstkfc wrote:Sorry need a new one myself- Jason Blake is being found out in one-on-ones
Bad call, premature call, don't be so quick to judge call.

Blake is better than your average defender in one-on-one situations. Defenders are also at the mercy of the accountability of the midfield.

Milne will be an All-Australian this year. Good call, bad call?
Bad call, Mark Le Cras will take the only all-Australian small forward spot this year- and Betts' pressure puts him ahead of Milney as well.

Jack Steven should be run through the midfield as we have a dearth of midfield rotation options- good call, bad call?
marginal call on kosi. kosi is providing more output than rhys stanley so keeps his spot on current form. but not by much. hell certainly need to maintain current form or improve or he might find himself out. marginal call.

bad call on dal. dal does what he always does. but he needs outside support to dish off to someone with some dash and toe. hes not getting outside support which makes him look less effective.

good call on jack. we are one midfield rotation short and jack is not getting enough ball to justify his spot at present.

jack steven and jarryn geary will not keep their spots in the 22 ahead of cj and one of alistair smith and mcqualter. good call bad call.

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:[jack steven and jarryn geary will not keep their spots in the 22 ahead of cj and one of alistair smith and mcquater. good call bad call.
Good call re Geary out for Jones, bad call re Steven- Lynch might make way for Smith though. Baker will take Dempster's spot ultimately I reckon.

Our premiership hopes are hugely dependent on Michael Gardiner- good call, bad call?

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

dcstkfc wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:[jack steven and jarryn geary will not keep their spots in the 22 ahead of cj and one of alistair smith and mcquater. good call bad call.
Good call re Geary out for Jones, bad call re Steven- Lynch might make way for Smith though. Baker will take Dempster's spot ultimately I reckon.

Our premiership hopes are hugely dependent on Michael Gardiner- good call, bad call?
bad call. gardi is super important. but if we dont get some midfield run and ball movement then not even gardi will be able to save us.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

dcstkfc wrote:Nick Riewoldt will not win a premiership if St Kilda don't win one in 2010 or 2011. Good call, bad call?
good call. this year or next or no chance whatsoever. unless we trade him to melbourne or collingwood in 2012 which aint going to happen.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

dcstkfc wrote:

Good call, but only so far as MG is part of team and only a team-wide effort will get us there.

Kosi given two years contract purely to ruck after MG retires at season end?

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:
dcstkfc wrote:

Good call, but only so far as MG is part of team and only a team-wide effort will get us there.

Bad call, but not that far off the mark call- Kosi will be used as a ruck/forward in the future, playing third fiddle to Roo/ Stanley in the forward line, and playing second fiddle to Big Mac in the ruck

The strength of Ross Lyon's gameplan will ensure that we need less absolute stars to stay in premiership contention going forward- similar to Sydney

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

Good thread :D

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Milan Faletic wrote:Good thread :D
Good call!

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:
Milan Faletic wrote:Good thread :D
Good call!
I was trying to find a comment I could call on to make that one....

very Good Call- On the mark call

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Solar
Saintsational Legend

dcstkfc wrote:
Thinline wrote:
dcstkfc wrote:

Bad call, but not that far off the mark call- Kosi will be used as a ruck/forward in the future, playing third fiddle to Roo/ Stanley in the forward line, and playing second fiddle to Big Mac in the ruck

The strength of Ross Lyon's gameplan will ensure that we need less absolute stars to stay in premiership contention going forward- similar to Sydney
good call, interesting call. Would have been going for back to back flags if not for the best side I have seen in 20 years (geelong).

Will smith be our next rising star nomination?

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:
dcstkfc wrote:
Thinline wrote:
dcstkfc wrote:

good call, interesting call. Would have been going for back to back flags if not for the best side I have seen in 20 years (geelong).

Early call, hopeful call.

I think we have a few players that will be still eligible next year after playing less than 10 games this year?

Roo was lying when he said he doesn't die his hair?

Solar
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
Solar wrote:
dcstkfc wrote:
Thinline wrote:
dcstkfc wrote:

Early call, hopeful call.

I think we have a few players that will be still eligible next year after playing less than 10 games this year?

Roo was lying when he said he doesn't die his hair?
bad call, terrible call, whose ya sauce call!!! Haven't you seen rooey walk, he is a mans man ;)

1pm on sunday is way too early for a game of footy to start
Last edited by Solar on Tue 03 Aug 2010 12:44am, edited 1 time in total.

FQF
In richo I trust

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote: Roo was lying when he said he doesn't die his hair?
Bad call from memory he tried years ago and it wouldn't take... turned green or orange..

Player confidence gives Supporters confidence........

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:
Bad call from memory he tried years ago and it wouldn't take... turned green or orange..

Good call, great call- even if we have heard it all before the professional and positive image portrayed by Ross, Roo, Lenny and Joey in particular gives you great faith that we can turn it around

A double that will interest:
Zac Dawson will end up playing at least 150 games- he's played 52
Raph Clarke will end up playing at least 150 games- he's played 65

Solar
Saintsational Legend

dcstkfc wrote:
saintbrat wrote:

Good call, great call- even if we have heard it all before the professional and positive image portrayed by Ross, Roo, Lenny and Joey in particular gives you great faith that we can turn it around

looking for trouble call, bad call, combative call

both will struggle to make it to 100 games IMO (big raph fan btw)

Luke Darcy is now the most annoying "footy expert" in the game as of now!

FQF
In richo I trust

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:
dcstkfc wrote:
saintbrat wrote:

Bad call- Jackovich edges him just- KB is another shocker

The lack of development of Lynch and Heyne is a worry- good call, bad call?

Solar
Saintsational Legend

dcstkfc wrote:
Solar wrote:
dcstkfc wrote:
saintbrat wrote:

Bad call- Jackovich edges him just- KB is another shocker

The lack of development of Lynch and Heyne is a worry- good call, bad call?
good call on lynch, bad call on heyne. Heyne is developing nicely at sandy level and took his time at senior level well. Needs to put in a big pre-season but has the tools.

Lynch needs to work on his speed, tackling and decision making. Seems a long way off

It would be better for people's sanity that the cats win the flag and not the pies (if we don't). Good call or bad call?

FQF
In richo I trust

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

dcstkfc wrote:
saintbrat wrote:

good call on zac. will play 150 games plus. hes 195cm and can run. tall defenders dont grow on trees. he got a bit skinny this year. but hes hard to replace. will be around for ages yet.

good call on darcy. what a flog. what is he crapping on about?

divided call. im confident heyne will be ok. lynch worries me a tad. but hes only young. so no call yet.

True Blue Sainter
Club Player

Look at the way quality sides this year have blooded youth:

Geelong - T Hunt, Duncan, Hogan; Improvement of Varcoe & Stokes etc.

Bulldogs - Grant, Moles, Everitt, Wood, Stack

Hawthorn - Stratton, Peterson; Improvement in Whitecross, Schoenamakers & Gilham

Freo - Roberton, Crichton, Pearce, Fyfe, Morabito, Silvagni; Development of Hill, Ballantyne, Broughton etc.

St Kilda do NOT blood enough youth during periods of success (thus, when they are thrown in to the deep end due to injury/suspension/form, they are not ready). Good call/Bad call?

The Saints are coming!
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

True Blue Sainter wrote:Look at the way quality sides this year have blooded youth:

Geelong - T Hunt, Duncan, Hogan; Improvement of Varcoe & Stokes etc.

Bulldogs - Grant, Moles, Everitt, Wood, Stack

Hawthorn - Stratton, Peterson; Improvement in Whitecross, Schoenamakers & Gilham

Freo - Roberton, Crichton, Pearce, Fyfe, Morabito, Silvagni; Development of Hill, Ballantyne, Broughton etc.

St Kilda do NOT blood enough youth during periods of success (thus, when they are thrown in to the deep end due to injury/suspension/form, they are not ready). Good call/Bad call?
good call. especially if u listed the pies players .... beams, sidebottom, reid, dawes, the little guy (cant remember his name).

Verdun66
SS Hall of Fame

Wellingham? Didn't we almost get him? He's looked quite good.......

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

True Blue Sainter wrote:St Kilda do NOT blood enough youth during periods of success (thus, when they are thrown in to the deep end due to injury/suspension/form, they are not ready). Good call/Bad call?
good call for the past, bad call for this year.

this year we've got early games into: steven, stanley, heyne, lynch
and seen improvement in: gwilt, mcevoy, geary

i think we only need to get about this number of players through the side every year, so if we'd done this in past years we'd be more optimistic right now.

my call: all these current problems are mental and we've still got plenty of time to turn that side of the game around.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
True Blue Sainter wrote:St Kilda do NOT blood enough youth during periods of success (thus, when they are thrown in to the deep end due to injury/suspension/form, they are not ready). Good call/Bad call?
good call for the past, bad call for this year.

this year we've got early games into: steven, stanley, heyne, lynch
and seen improvement in: gwilt, mcevoy, geary

i think we only need to get about this number of players through the side every year, so if we'd done this in past years we'd be more optimistic right now.

my call: all these current problems are mental and we've still got plenty of time to turn that side of the game around.
the little guy at Pies- Blair.

agree call- how much affect to the negative has winning over Geelong had( we know we can do it), and the Nick return, and the constant' Saints have an easy run' had

Ross is looking like he copes better with the pressure than Bomber does

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY