St Kilda Collingwood Rivalry

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ChicagoSaint
Club Player

Peake v Ball

Peake any day of the week.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

ChicagoSaint wrote:Peake v Ball

In regard to what? If it is now being a Saints player you are right.

ChicagoSaint
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:

peake can run and ping from 50 the disposal is the same. if you can run you can tackle.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

ChicagoSaint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

peake can run and ping from 50 the disposal is the same. if you can run you can tackle.
I havent seen Usain Bolt tackle. Anyway as good as Peake has been for us this year Ball has been better. We required a player like Peake but Ball would have been handy as well. The way I see who cares. One plays for us the other doesnt so we dont need to compare.

ChicagoSaint
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
ChicagoSaint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

I havent seen Usain Bolt tackle. Anyway as good as Peake has been for us this year Ball has been better. We required a player like Peake but Ball would have been handy as well. The way I see who cares. One plays for us the other doesnt so we dont need to compare.
but this is a rivalry thread?
rivalry threads are all about knocking the opposition aren't they?
i'd love to stay and debate with you plugs but i have to go to work unfortunately.
luke ball, desperate, can't kick it 35m, can't tackle a bag of sweets and can't run a risk.
when the cap comes in he'll be a shot duck. impact player that's all. he's stuffed.
that said, we needed a peake and the filth needed a ball.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

ChicagoSaint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
ChicagoSaint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

but this is a rivalry thread?
rivalry threads are all about knocking the opposition aren't they?
i'd love to stay and debate with you plugs but i have to go to work unfortunately.
luke ball, desperate, can't kick it 35m, can't tackle a bag of sweets and can't run a risk.
when the cap comes in he'll be a shot duck. impact player that's all. he's stuffed.
Yes these type of threads are but I choose to stick up for an 8 year saints player who has captained our side and tried his guts out for our club for years. Plenty of other Pies players that we can have a go at. Maybe even some that Peake has covered.

InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

ChicagoSaint wrote:luke ball, desperate, can't kick it 35m, can't tackle a bag of sweets and can't run a risk.
It's a shame this isn't true. Collingwood's first goal against us in round 16 was off Luke Ball's boot from the 50m line. I wisecracked, "he'll never kick it, it's too far" and he quickly embarrassed me for all the Pies supporters within earshot.

As for tackles, he has laid 126 over 19 games this season including 14 against Geelong the other week. Compare that to Lenny who has 131 over 20.

I would love to say he's a dud player but he's not. The fact is he is far more empowering for the Pies than he was for us, and we gained nothing from the move. I'm sure that is fuel for spite on our side.

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

InkerSaint wrote:
ChicagoSaint wrote:luke ball, desperate, can't kick it 35m, can't tackle a bag of sweets and can't run a risk.
It's a shame this isn't true. Collingwood's first goal against us in round 16 was off Luke Ball's boot from the 50m line. I wisecracked, "he'll never kick it, it's too far" and he quickly embarrassed me for all the Pies supporters within earshot.

As for tackles, he has laid 126 over 19 games this season including 14 against Geelong the other week. Compare that to Lenny who has 131 over 20.

I would love to say he's a dud player but he's not. The fact is he is far more empowering for the Pies than he was for us, and we gained nothing from the move. I'm sure that is fuel for spite on our side.
Then he's hit one flush from fifty in six or so seasons of football.

What you call truth, I call a fluke.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

Thinline wrote:
InkerSaint wrote:It's a shame this isn't true. Collingwood's first goal against us in round 16 was off Luke Ball's boot from the 50m line. I wisecracked, "he'll never kick it, it's too far" and he quickly embarrassed me for all the Pies supporters within earshot.

Then he's hit one flush from fifty in six or so seasons of football.

What you call truth, I call a fluke.
You can't fluke capability.

The argument is over whether he can kick over a jam tin.

Well, obviously he can, but not necessarily all of the time. Or often, even.

One of his most crucial kicks last year was on the wing outside 50 to the goalsquare with 90 seconds to go, to a pack that Gardiner crashed after a sprint down the other wing. That mark won us the game.

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."
ChicagoSaint
Club Player

cap will kill him Inker. context is king.

InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

ChicagoSaint wrote:cap will kill him Inker. context is king.
If victory in the Grand Final with Luke Ball in the opposition team is our compensation for losing him, then I'd say the price is right.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

If you look at the stats Luke Ball the Collingwood player is much better than the Saints 2009 model.

We can read whatever we like into that, but he is playing better at Collingwood.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:If you look at the stats Luke Ball the Collingwood player is much better than the Saints 2009 model.

We can read whatever we like into that, but he is playing better at Collingwood.
Different players around him at a club with different needs and a different way of managing their list with high rotations.

So yay for little school boater-toting Luke, but are we worse off?

Not one iota, I reckon.

Would've liked a player for him, but as far as I can tell we're not really lacking as a result of his absence. Silver cloud is others have had (and often taken) opportunities. Any number of guys have patched the void. Bid whoop about Luke. He's a distant, faded, obscure memory to me now, perhaps indicative of his 'rarely there-ness' in recent years and the shortness of his highlights reel bar the odd recent time when his body actually allowed him to try. If indeed he was actually giving his all in the end. Seemed he only lifted when his specific interests were on the line.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
ChicagoSaint
Club Player

Thinline wrote:
SainterK wrote:If you look at the stats Luke Ball the Collingwood player is much better than the Saints 2009 model.

Different players around him at a club with different needs and a different way of managing their list with high rotations.

Not one iota, I reckon.

Would've liked a player for him, but as far as I can tell we're not really lacking as a result of his absence. Silver cloud is others have had (and often taken) opportunities. Any number of guys have patched the void. Bid whoop about Luke. He's a distant, faded, obscure memory to me now, perhaps indicative of his 'rarely there-ness' in recent years and the shortness of his highlights reel bar the odd recent time when his body actually allowed him to try. If indeed he was actually giving his all in the end. Seemed he only lifted when his specific interests were on the line.
absolutely TL :wink:

and mark fine questioning depth.
mark fine: media man first, saint second, idiot third.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

ChicagoSaint wrote:
Thinline wrote:

Not one iota, I reckon.

absolutely TL :wink:

and mark fine questioning depth.
mark fine: media man first, saint second, idiot third.
Fancy a saints supporter questioning depth. If he was a real saint he would accept everything and say the flag is ours. It makes sense and you know it.

By the way what has Mark Fine got to do with anything?

ChicagoSaint
Club Player

just thought i'd throw him in there plugs

thank god goldsack is getting a game because no way known he'd be in our 22!!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

ChicagoSaint wrote:just thought i'd throw him in there plugs

Means a bit.

ChicagoSaint
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:

Means a bit.
lol what do you mean plugs?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

ChicagoSaint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Means a bit.
I mean you need to get off the stuff. It dulls the brain.

ChicagoSaint
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
ChicagoSaint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Means a bit.
from a bloke who is a buck short of a download himself that's GOLD!

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

IMHO the only difference between the;

August 24, 2009 model Luke Ball

and the

August 24, 2010 model Luke Ball

is that the 2010 model HAS NOT signed a "Heads of Agreement" to go to another club.

I am suspicious that it was "a done deal" as early as July 2009 and I would need solid proof to change my mind !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

ChicagoSaint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
ChicagoSaint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Means a bit.
from a bloke who is a buck short of a download himself that's GOLD!
Well it is obvious something is dulling your brain.

By the way what was your previous nic before you got kicked off this forum last time?

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:IMHO the only difference between the;

and the

is that the 2010 model HAS NOT signed a "Heads of Agreement" to go to another club.

I am suspicious that it was "a done deal" as early as July 2009 and I would need solid proof to change my mind !!
Yep, he is where he wanted to be....

ChicagoSaint
Club Player

SainterK wrote:
Eastern wrote:IMHO the only difference between the;

and the

Yep, he is where he wanted to be....
Eastern is absolutely correct in his assessment, however that doesn't make it right.

The only thing that will make it right is complete and total failure on his part and on Max's.

ChicagoSaint
Club Player

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/newsfea ... fault.aspx
Pies to contest Brown charge

Collingwood will contest Leigh Brown’s striking charge laid by the AFL Match Review Panel, in an effort to have the in-form utility available to take on Hawthorn on Saturday.

The incident was assessed as reckless conduct (two points), low impact (one point) and high contact (two points)
125 demerit points + 45 points carried over.
total of 170 demerit points.

sniped stiffy with a backfist.
pretty sure Stewart Loewe
(321 matches, best and fairest, captain, Team of the Century,
St Kilda. Three-time All-Australian. Tribunal Member
since 2005.) doesn't like that sorta stuff!