miller???

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

CORDZ
Club Player

Miller???
Absolute Dud - No Way - I've listened to Melbourne supporters bag him for years :shock:

"That's ahh...quite a stutter you've got there, Ken!"
IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

No thanks

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

What about Bell then. He is a very good player and he will cost nothing. Apparently a high pick means it costs nothing. Luckily Bevo didnt think that way with Chips and Jimmy.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Brad Miller is a talented player and could be a star. He is not playing at melbourne because they are playing kids. He would be a far better prospect than some of our recycled rejects over the years and if playing the third forward role would be very handy. If you had him add some defensive intensity he could be a gun. The dees played him as the main spearhead and he couldn't cope. Robbo was stealing his thunder and they killed his confidence. With roo and kosi taking best defeders away he could do real damage. Bate is a gun and melbourne will keep him, we could do with a wonnamiri type as well. Fast little forward with good ball skills, they won't let him go either though.

spert
Saintsational Legend

If we don't go all the way this season, then it's no good recruiting discards- more time needs to be put into younger players

supersaints
Club Player

midas_touch wrote:I'd recruit Brad Miller only for his hot wife.
I'd recruit his hot wife instead, Miller is too old, and if he's not good enough for Melbourne then he aint good enough for us.

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
super dooper
Club Player

People dont get delisted for no apparent reason....

Around this time every year there is always a thread about someone getting delisted and the same questions get asked.

How about we answer this question:

Why would Melbourne (a team in the bottom half of the ladder) delist him in the first place?

Playing kids isn't a good enough response because if he was any good he would be playing, simple!

Maybe we could do a count in the coming weeks as teams start to release delistings of how many threads people ask "are we interested"

I know some on here severly over value our list with regards to our "depth" players. I just love how these same people see spuds in the same light when they are on the market...

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

supersaints wrote:
I'd recruit his hot wife instead..........
Couldn't agree more, draft Pia :shock: :mrgreen:

The only fringe player at Melb I would be interested in is Rohan Bail

Hold your ground :shock:
Sobraz
SS Life Member

I think we should go for Nick Davis... Talk him out of retirement and play him as our key forward with Roo and Kosi as decoys....

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Sobraz wrote:I think we should go for Nick Davis... Talk him out of retirement and play him as our key forward with Roo and Kosi as decoys....
Not as silly as it sounds but Rooy and Kosi would still be the main men. Davis is a beautiful kick and would do a great job and he wouldnt cost anything.

rexy
SS Life Member

MCG-Unit wrote:
supersaints wrote:

Dont think Melbourne consider Bail fringe, just not necessarily ready to be an automatic selection and better off developing some things at VFL level. Same goes for Bate, poor bloke has been asked to play as a KP replacement for 2 years and is now struggling to get around the ground and put in the kms a flanker does, have noticed Bate played a lot on the ball in the VFL last couple of weeks. Dropped for his own developement IMO, definately best 22 at Melbourne.

Maybe this year?
MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

rexy wrote:
MCG-Unit wrote:
supersaints wrote:

Dont think Melbourne consider Bail fringe, just not necessarily ready to be an automatic selection and better off developing some things at VFL level. Same goes for Bate, poor bloke has been asked to play as a KP replacement for 2 years and is now struggling to get around the ground.........
I thought Bail was fringe as he couldn't get a regular game early in 2010. I've got a lot of time for him, former Qld boy who did the pre-season at the Saints a couple of years ago - the same year Barlow did :shock:

Yes I noticed Bate gets stuffed around, you wouldn't think he would be on the market though

Hold your ground :shock:
Saints94
SS Life Member

Stuff Miller, we should go for John Anthony.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:What about Bell then. He is a very good player and he will cost nothing. Apparently a high pick means it costs nothing. Luckily Bevo didnt think that way with Chips and Jimmy.
True, but too bad he wasn't available when we recruited Houlihan, Howard (not so high), Sweeney and Raymond, also great high (your words) picks....

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote:
plugger66 wrote:What about Bell then. He is a very good player and he will cost nothing. Apparently a high pick means it costs nothing. Luckily Bevo didnt think that way with Chips and Jimmy.
True, but too bad he wasn't available when we recruited Houlihan, Howard (not so high), Sweeney and Raymond, also great high (your words) picks....
Yes but high picks means you do get a lot of failures but you can also get gems. Lets see Jessie Smith or Sam Fisher. Maybe even Charlie Gardiner or Justin Sweeney. Or Jimmy or Matt ferguson the second time around.

All I am trying to say is using high picks on discards does occasionally cost you a good player.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

True, but you can also squeeze out a good few games out of a gap filler too. Like Dew at the Hawks for example...

FQF
SS Life Member

maverick wrote:True, but you can also squeeze out a good few games out of a gap filler too. Like Dew at the Hawks for example...
It is true. But I don't know if thats the gap we need filling.

I see three priorities for the draft.

A super reliable true full back. (If that can be Zac, so be it. But if not, we need one.)

More speed. (Lovett was that, but obviously didn't work out. Peake has been good, but has not nearly filled that void.)

A grunt engine room type midfielder to give Lenny a helping hand. (Armo could be it, but if not we need one.)

The third tall would have to be fourth on that list. And i like to think he can come from within our list.

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

plugger66 wrote:
Sobraz wrote:I think we should go for Nick Davis... Talk him out of retirement and play him as our key forward with Roo and Kosi as decoys....
Not as silly as it sounds but Rooy and Kosi would still be the main men. Davis is a beautiful kick and would do a great job and he wouldnt cost anything.
Oh no I think I'm agreeing. I actually wanted us to look into getting Russell Robertson on one of those mature aged rookie contracts this year - he would have come in handy especially when Roo was out. So there is merit to the thought if not taking the spot of a kid and his heart (and fitness) was in it.

Earlier posts re Lynch and the likes were very harsh. The kid is just that, only a kid. Jack Reiwoldt was pretty average prior to this season and he is a year or two older than Lynch with a heap more opportunities.

Jack Watts was considered to be the next big thing, Lynch the second best forward in the same draft. Watts hasn't exactly set the world on fire yet he has had more opportunities - so why do we expect more out of Lynch? I still have very high hopes but give them time... next year, premiership or no premiership in 2010, I think we need to give more game time to our kids.

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!