Question regarding GF ticket prices...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

OhMyGoddard
Club Player

Do you know how many years I have paid to be a Social Club member (and paid for 2 memberships) with no hope of us getting in the GF. I can't differentiate between those who have done the same as me and those who have never been a member.
There are people out there who have never put a dollar into the club and want to pay face value.
My conscience is clear.

OMG
Buckets
SS Life Member

OhMyGoddard wrote:Do you know how many years I have paid to be a Social Club member (and paid for 2 memberships) with no hope of us getting in the GF. I can't differentiate between those who have done the same as me and those who have never been a member.
There are people out there who have never put a dollar into the club and want to pay face value.
My conscience is clear.
So because you have paid for being a member of this fine club like many of us have done over the years. You want to get your money back?????

Simple dont bother being a member then. No-one forces you to be a member only the love of the club. If it's to make your money back after SUPPORTING THE CLUB because they failed then there is something desperately wrong. :roll:

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
SaintDebi
Club Player

OhMyGoddard wrote:Do you know how many years I have paid to be a Social Club member (and paid for 2 memberships) with no hope of us getting in the GF. I can't differentiate between those who have done the same as me and those who have never been a member.
My conscience is clear.
And then there are those others (like myself) who may not be as well off as you are, who make plenty of sacrifices pay for their memberships year after year- because we love the club and want to support it, regardless of whether there is "no hope of us getting in the GF".
The fact that you can afford both memberships is something you should be grateful for.
And if your conscience is clear thats good.
But if you think you're not a scalper, you're kidding yourself.

Shattered dreams are just opportunities for improvement. Live and learn, fail and try harder. 2011 beckons.
I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

Have to agree with the earlier sentiments, buckets.
Ideally Saints should sell tickets to fellow Saints for face value.

I seem to remember when I was a teenager you could get a series ticket which was for the MCG finals including the Grand Final! hard to believe now. The Grand Final has become an 'event' and all the corporate sponsors need to be able to offer an 'event' ticket as a reward.
Yeah I know money makes the world go round and it's a big business but you can't put a price on a lifetime of dedication!

For example, I'd probably one day be interested to see a "Classico" (Real Madrid v Barcelona) or a "Superclassico" (River Plate v Boca Juniors) in soccer but even if I was given a ticket as some sort of reward it wouldn't mean anything to me really...not compared to the fanatics on the terraces.

So if it's any consolation, buckets....you will get a much bigger thrill watching us win the Premiership (and we WILL win!) on TV somewhere with your mates and family than some suit quaffing champers in a corporate box.
We will ALL be part of this...we can all go to Moorabbin on Sunday and we can all watch the Saints unfurl the Premiership Flag at our first home game next year!!

In honour of those who went before, in the dark and desperate years.
OhMyGoddard
Club Player

See you at Linton St on Sunday!

OMG
I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

Yes it'll be like that great VB ad.....

"They're all there...Deano...Heals!"

Pity Jones follows Carlton but you get the idea!

In honour of those who went before, in the dark and desperate years.