Eddie Maguire upset at 3AW

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:I chuckled when I read that Eddie suggested that Mitchell was wrong when he (Mitchell) claimed that names of the players pretty common knowledge. I reckon it was Monday or Tuesday when the link appeared on here and other boards that named them.

From that we need to make a judgement on Eddie. Which of the following applies (you can tick more than 1)?

1. Is he telling Fibs?

2. Is he living under a rock?

3. Has he never heard of this thing called the internet, including his own club's fan forum?

4. Is he trying to control this situation by trying to control what we all hear, read & think?
Number 4 and so he should if he is a strong president which he obviously is.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

It is an interesting set of events. I do agree that they should not be named unless charged but in this mad football city, rumours, innuendo and purely false information gets thrown around like pollen in Spring. The wrongs before with our players & other cases do not make this right.

I am however amazed at the distinct lack of profile or water downed headlines this has been given by the likes of Channel 9 & the Herald Sun (even to the point of Letters to the Editor & 50/50). Especially after Eddies infamous "let sleeping dogs lie" comment after St Kilda were rightfully appalled at Malthouse's attack on Milne. Then, coincidently(???), Channel 9 and the Herald Sun ran, quite aggressively, a re-hash of the Milne-Montagna Investigation which endeavoured to imply that Milne was in fact guilty and it was a 'cover up' & sabotaged by influential police.

What an absolute crock that has been shown to be & now this where the treatment of players in a similar position has been done as if walking on egg shells. This, if anyone needed it, is absolute proof that our media outlets are compromised and influenced by particular individuals and agendas.

TazzieSaintGirl83
Club Player

While I agree that people involveded in these incidents shouldnt be named in the public domain like that. Its an incredibly serious and sensitive matter that should be treated with confidentiality but it didnt seem to matter when it was players from other clubs having their reputations tarnished with allegations.

I find it highly amusing that Eddie is so upset, he is an arrogant annoying pain and seems to think there is two sets of rules.

100% Sainter Girl Through and Through
markp
Saintsational Legend

I suspect this is just a ratings ploy and a smokescreen.

Everyone knew the names anyway... now the poor players get to be painted as victims, people are talking about Ed and Mitchell's 'war', no doubt a few more are tuning in to their respective shows, too.

And they both write for the hun dont they?

They both know exactly what they are doing... and it's mutually beneficial.

All part of the circus.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

I think the whole thing is starting to look a lot like his history with backing Shaw and Didak and all his other, if my boys tell me they won't involved that's good enough.

It could end up making another egg faced president.

Not to mention the old fella with the big mouth.

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

gringo wrote:I think the whole thing is starting to look a lot like his history with backing Shaw and Didak and all his other, if my boys tell me they won't involved that's good enough.

That's the point. He has not vehemently come out and defended his players this time like he has in the past. He will be working overtime behind the scenes to make this mess go away, make no mistake. However, he is publicly keeping unusually quiet.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:I think the whole thing is starting to look a lot like his history with backing Shaw and Didak and all his other, if my boys tell me they won't involved that's good enough.

Perhaps we shouldn't be talking about "old fellas" in the circumstances :wink:

ChicagoSaint
Club Player

markp wrote:And they both write for the hun dont they?
mitchell is fairfax

St Michele
Club Player

I don't think they should have been named. We have a justice system and fair enough once they have gone through the court system and found guilty they should be named. This will impact their lives forever now. Look at how Milney has been treated by opposition fans...

Michele
Goals are dreams with deadlines!!
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Eastern wrote:I chuckled when I read that Eddie suggested that Mitchell was wrong when he (Mitchell) claimed that names of the players pretty common knowledge. I reckon it was Monday or Tuesday when the link appeared on here and other boards that named them.

From that we need to make a judgement on Eddie. Which of the following applies (you can tick more than 1)?

1. Is he telling Fibs?

2. Is he living under a rock?

3. Has he never heard of this thing called the internet, including his own club's fan forum?

4. Is he trying to control this situation by trying to control what we all hear, read & think?
Number 4 and so he should if he is a strong president which he obviously is.
ALL FOUR

For god's sake Plugger - strength and presidency need not equate to big brother-like manipulations of what we see and hear. In fact I think it's the opposite - abject cowardice, frankly.

The players names were well and truly out in the open DAYS before McGuire made his rather lamearse plea for public silence on the issue.

Whilst I believe Mitchell is simply being a self-aggrandising flog, his point about Collingwood players one hand and the rest on the other was valid.

The law should prohibit publication of names IMO (as in SA) but until it does you can't be a law unto yourself.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
SainterK wrote:Forget who, but someone on here posted a link in the HS that the schoolgirl was in attendance at the Collingwood party on the weekend.

Matters little to me, but I seem to recall our club's logo being attached to all of the media at the time.
Yes I also recall seeing that post.
No one was named. Not the pies or the Saints players and that is according to Ricky Nixon on the radio today.
You are correct nobody was named.

BUT the story was run day after day as
SAINTS SCHOOGIRL SEx SCANDAL and yet the CLub of the other player was never mentioned.

And that's the point.
Many knew who it was and which CLub he played for.
Just like many knew who the 2 Saints players involved were.

BUT only St Kilda was named/shamed in both the stories adn the headlines.
WHY?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
SainterK wrote:Forget who, but someone on here posted a link in the HS that the schoolgirl was in attendance at the Collingwood party on the weekend.

Matters little to me, but I seem to recall our club's logo being attached to all of the media at the time.
No one was named. Not the pies or the Saints players and that is according to Ricky Nixon on the radio today.

SAINTS SCHOOGIRL SEx SCANDAL and yet the CLub of the other player was never mentioned.

And that's the point.

WHY?
You need to fix up the neck. The story mentioned the Saints players because the story was about a Saints player apparently approaching a girl at a clinic. It is pretty basic really.

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

McGuire can go and f*** himself

Another opportunity awaits!
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Moccha wrote:McGuire can go and f*** himself
Pointless Moccha.

He's already done that on numerous occassions and actually quite enjoys it!

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:

And that's the point.

WHY?
You need to fix up the neck. The story mentioned the Saints players because the story was about a Saints player apparently approaching a girl at a clinic. It is pretty basic really.
My neck's just fine,
as would yours if you once in a while pulled your head out of the sand where you seem to have it permanently planted, so as to seemingly avoid any warranted criticism of anything AFL.

Just a suggestion of course - you may choose to ignore it and remain blissfully unaware of events happening around your goodself if you please.

Liam_G
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:The story mentioned the Saints players because the story was about a Saints player apparently approaching a girl at a clinic. It is pretty basic really.
And when the story developed further during the week and became more than a "Saints player apparently approaching a girl at a clinic", where were the updated stories naming the new Club involved. Where were the amendments to the original story where the new club involved was named?

splud
Club Player

Just thought I'd share this little twitter interaction b/w Aker and Neil Mitchell...

From Aker to Neil ( )...

Neil's reply ( )...

PakenhamSaint
Club Player

Apprantly Ed and Neil had lunch together yesterday. Would of loved to of been a fly on the wall there.

ChicagoSaint
Club Player

plugger66 wrote: Number 4 and so he should if he is a strong president which he obviously is.
if being strong is being as fat as a bin then strong he is,
if however, being a strong president is being across your club.....