I am losing faith in this team/club

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

mordi
Club Player

Born a Saint....not much I can do about it. So I take the good with the bad.

What's the Point of it All?
St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

georgie girl wrote:
3rd generation saint wrote: How many here after Goddard kicked that goal had tears welling up in their eyes thinking we we're going to win.
I'll cry 100 more times if we win than if we lose.
That was the point where I started to let myself believe and dream that we might just win it!!!
Thought to myself, holy cr@p this might just be happening....

Keep rethinkin that Cloke goal where the ball fell to (was it Dawes) lying on the ground - completely beaten in the air moments after that Goddard mark. Keep thinking about that Chappy goal. Or that bad bounce Milney got. Its just a cruel cruel sport and I know I'll get beaten to a pulp for saying this, but just how many chances does one generation of players get to win a premiership? Our form this year was nowhere near last year, we were good enough to make it and nearly pinch it... but hell, I get the same feeling I did after 97 that that was our chance for that group.

One thing is for sure (after maybe 10 seconds of contemplating barracking for the Suns - how easy would it be to enter an AFL season with a clean slate and none of our baggage!!).... but anyway, one things for sure, we'll be there again supporting next year shaving years off our life with the stress of it all.... I just hope the boys lift another notch in 11.

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!