and here's the clean-out at the hawks....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

Leigh Brown was delisted by the Kangas before being picked up by Collingwood
Last edited by MCG-Unit on Tue 19 Oct 2010 8:40pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hold your ground :shock:
MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

Dr Spaceman wrote: Can people name one decent player we've picked up after they were delisted by another club?
Not many - Milne was tipped out of the Essendon Supplementary list :shock:

avid
Club Player

Fair comment, re delistted players.

But you still can't help thinking the potential you've seen in some of these players might have been squandered for some particular reason at one club, and may still emerge in a new environment.

Peterson is the obvious candidate here -- explosive, brilliant, and potentially a star. Probably the most dangerous one to touch too, by the sound of things.

I assumed Moss would have a long career at Hawthorn. I'd like to know what went wrong. Maybe Clarkson just got up his nose?

Kayler-Thomson I thought looked great mid-season. I put him in my dreamteam, as a cheapy.
Did nothing after that.
But I still believe in my judgement! We might also consider him, as a cheapy, down the list.

Maybe I'm just getting bored.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

MCG-Unit wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote: Can people name one decent player we've picked up after they were delisted by another club?
That's one in 10 years.

Yep, like those odds :shock: :shock: :shock:

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

MCG-Unit wrote:
What about the great Zac? !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
MCG-Unit wrote:
Stop ruining my argument Eastern!!!

:)

suss
Club Player

Eastern wrote:
MCG-Unit wrote:
We delisted a bloke who went on to become a premiership player for the hawks so it does happen, but admittedly, not often.

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't both the Wakelin's delisted by St Kilda?

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

St Ick wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't both the Wakelin's delisted by St Kilda?
Only Shane if I recall.

I believe Daryl was part of a (3 way?) trade.

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Dr Spaceman wrote:
St Ick wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't both the Wakelin's delisted by St Kilda?
Only Shane if I recall.

Ooops, only Shane, but yeah, he was pretty good after his time at St Kilda!

Others (non St Kilda), are Peter Bell, Porplyzia, Ben Hart, Kirk, Rodan. Not many but a few were decent!

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

St Ick wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:
Only Shane if I recall.

Ooops, only Shane, but yeah, he was pretty good after his time at St Kilda!

Others (non St Kilda), are Peter Bell, Porplyzia, Ben Hart, Kirk, Rodan. Not many but a few were decent!
I was surprised at the time that we delisted Shane but that's history now.

In regards to this year it probably depends on how many picks we end up with and therefore how deep into the draft we go.

At this stage none of the delistings excite me and if we're only having 3 or so picks I'd rather stick to "yearlings" rather than taking a punt on the "ready to runs".

Legendary
Club Player

IMO Muston is the best of the lot.

Terrible injuries, but showed in his first few games that he can really play. Similar type of player that the Hawks have in abundance (midfielder) but I reckon he would be worth a shot. Mentally strong. Only question mark is pace, which is maybe why we would stay away.

Peterson = NO. Lazy.

None of the others of real interest - would be behind Armitage, Steven, Geary, Smith etc.

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

Eastern wrote:
MCG-Unit wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:
Can people name one decent player we've picked up after they were delisted by another club?
Shivers, yes how could I forget Dawson :oops: I'm too tired

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Would Carl Peterson be the first bloke in AFL history to play 17 games in a season then get delisted without a major injury to justify it (ie Jayden Attard) ???

Gawd he must have an attitude problem

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:Would Carl Peterson be the first bloke in AFL history to play 17 games in a season then get delisted without a major injury to justify it (ie Jayden Attard) ???

I got one that is pretty close and had a similar year for a similar club. Wayde Skipper played 15 games this year including 14 of the last 15 and as soon as he came into the side they started winning.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

SO anybody want to hazzard a guess as to what's going on at Hawthorn with so many delistings?

Their List Manager/Recruiter Pelchen is universally lauded as one of the best/most astute in the business, so what has he seen about their list that requires such radical culling (20% of their total players)?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:SO anybody want to hazzard a guess as to what's going on at Hawthorn with so many delistings?

Their List Manager/Recruiter Pelchen is universally lauded as one of the best/most astute in the business, so what has he seen about their list that requires such radical culling (20% of their total players)?
It looks like it is more delistings than it is. It includes rookies and all up it is 11. We have got rid of 8 so far with doubts on MG and Cahill so we could be 10 anyway.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:SO anybody want to hazzard a guess as to what's going on at Hawthorn with so many delistings?

It looks like it is more delistings than it is. It includes rookies and all up it is 11. We have got rid of 8 so far with doubts on MG and Cahill so we could be 10 anyway.
OK, thanks.

awesome_days
Club Player

While Skipper may seem to be the wierd one, the scenario could be that he wasn't given an upgrade to the primary list so is deciding to chance it in the national draft.

Not too sure if he will be picked up again but may be a GC senior player pick as back-up ruck.

He is quite undersized at 193cm (Source Fanfooty)

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

MCG-Unit wrote:
Gardiner seemed to go allright after being delisted by the Eagles. More discipline than ability though for the delisting.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
saintly
Saintsational Legend

i thought cameron stokes would be good. liked him. Also liked peterson, but can undertand why why he would not be picked up

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

saint66au wrote:Would Carl Peterson be the first bloke in AFL history to play 17 games in a season then get delisted without a major injury to justify it (ie Jayden Attard) ???

Yes Peterson might hold the record - 1 or 2 years ago Joel MacDonald seemed to play almost every week before being delisted by Brisbane :shock:

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

joffaboy wrote:
MCG-Unit wrote:
Gardiner seemed to go allright after being delisted by the Eagles. More discipline than ability though for the delisting.
Gardiner certainly does go well - not sure, but the Eagles may have traded him to the Saints for a late pick :shock:

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
zebraman wrote:Wayde Skipper could be worth a look at...even allowing for the fact that it was his run down and tackle of Xavier Clarke at Williamstown last year that resulted in X Clarkes knee injury
Yes really looks the goods. We should try to draft him.
Ha ha...good one.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

MCG-Unit wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
MCG-Unit wrote:
Gardiner certainly does go well - not sure, but the Eagles may have traded him to the Saints for a late pick :shock:
Nah - ws in the second draft, not the National, but the other one for rejected or delisted players.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)