Michael Gardiner 's Future is still Unknown...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:We really, really, really need him. Despite this super-sub nonsense that is probably going to be a taller player, we need first possession.

I guess it goes without saying though.
So you're back huh...

I agree, MG gives our mids that more often than not.
Especially if some clubs with poorer ruckmen are going to play one and pinch hit for the rest of the time this gives us a major advantage actually having a quality ruckman. For instance against Hawthorn MG would be against Renouf for the majority of the game with Hale in for a few minutes each quarter. This is a good thing as MG will molest them both at the same time whilst hanging out with the should-be Saint Benny C.

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
vacuous space
SS Life Member

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:Despite this super-sub nonsense that is probably going to be a taller player, we need first possession.
I don't think the sub will be a taller player. I think it's most likely to be an extra medium runner. Most teams are gearing up for 1.5 ruckmen. There's a lot of rucks being delisted and a lot of teams looking for a ruck-forward type to play as number two. Eade's comments that the second ruckman is dead says a lot to me. Then again, he's probably bitter because they've got a fairly deep ruck division (Hudson, Minson, Roughead with Cordy coming through).

If Gardy plays, he's our guy. If he doesn't, it's Ben. Kosi and Blake will do the rest. Stanley has to pass Kosi or McEvoy to get a game. While it might be a step back for us, everyone else is taking the step too. The teams that are laughing are the ones who have a 75%-of-the-game ruckman. It's another gift for Collingwood, IMO, as they're the only top-4 team with that kind of ruck.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
ace
Saintsational Legend

Michael Gardiner's future is known.
Michael Gardiner 2011 premiership ruckman at St Kilda football club.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
ChicagoSaint
Club Player

ace wrote:Michael Gardiner's future is known.
Michael Gardiner 2011 premiership ruckman at St Kilda football club.
absolutely!
and jon the pie rik can continue with connolly as live-in lover.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

vacuous space wrote:
Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:Despite this super-sub nonsense that is probably going to be a taller player, we need first possession.
It's another gift for Collingwood, IMO, as they're the only top-4 team with that kind of ruck.
Escept they have no real backup ruck options - so they are 1 serious injury to Jolley away from having a real concern.

ChicagoSaint
Club Player

Mr Magic wrote:
vacuous space wrote:
It's another gift for Collingwood, IMO, as they're the only top-4 team with that kind of ruck.
Escept they have no real backup ruck options - so they are 1 serious injury to Jolley away from having a real concern.
point can not be over-stated.
while he has been good for them a knee would put them out of the race.