Sipposs

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:He has ability....a few things to develop....goodluck to him.
I thought you didn't care who we picked?

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Zed wrote:
Bardon Saint wrote:Rnd 4 -
Pick #75; Arryn Siposs

Height: 188cm
Weight: 82kg
DOB: 25/11/92
Club: Dandenong Stingrays (Vic)

Kevin Sheehan says: Arryn is a strong-marking player who is an excellent kick for goal and very team-oriented. Averaged 15 disposals and kicked 34 goals for Stingrays this year. Vic Country U18s rep in 2010.

Arryn Siposs (Pakenham) H: 189cm, 80kg

The bolter in the pack, Siposs only joined the Stingrays this year after two stunning seasons as a Beaconsfield junior. You won't find a better set-shot for goal; his textbook technique is as reliable as it is fluent. A strong pack mark in and good on the lead, Siposs will take time to adjust to the physicality of the AFL but is one to watch. Coming from a long way back, he needs to brush up his defensive skills and improve his speed, but his booming 55m kick, sure hands and 34 TAC Cup goals are enough to warrant selection.

Resembles: Jack Riewoldt

Will be drafted: pick 40-60

Strong-marking and smart-moving forward who could play third-string in attack. Not known to be the hardest worker on a footy field, but his talent has ensured interest from a range of clubs.
last paragraph .. hmmmm, he is in for a world of pain this summer ..welcome to be big league :lol:
No-one improves their speed. Show me a player who genuinely goes from slow to quick and I'll show you Thinline replacing Prince Will at the royal wedding next year...

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

I hope Aaron goes OK because I have known him since he was in Y7.....thats a given I would think

InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

So would I be right in concluding that Arryn kicked 34 goals this year in a side that included Gold Coast draft pick #11 Tom Lynch? ...

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."
busso mick
Club Player

Mooksy wrote:I just think "pissoff" whenever I see the name.
Maybe I'm being anal but I see sippossitory, at least he won't be a list clogger :wink:

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

busso mick wrote:
Mooksy wrote:I just think "pissoff" whenever I see the name.
Maybe I'm being anal but I see sippossitory, at least he won't be a list clogger :wink:
Siposs not :wink:

InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

http://www.sportingpulse.com/team_info. ... 97-8057343

Interesting... 37 goals from 15 games. Thomas Lynch 21 goals from 11 games.

http://www.sportingpulse.com/club_info. ... onID=77128

Looks to have played FF to Lynch's CHF. Hawthorn draft pick #38 Mitch Hallahan was the team captain.

Reckon we might have a gem on our hands here?

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."
Sainter93
Club Player

Bardon Saint wrote:
Sainter93 wrote:I played for fountain Gate in u16 last year. He was playing for beacy when we came up against them and he was a freak. A great mark, especially one on one and kicked about 8 goals on us. He is a gun. All the best to him and hope he can deliver for us!!
I think he actually kicked 11 against you. :shock:

http://www.starnewsgroup.com.au/gazette ... 78195.html

yeah we weren't a great time. but my point exactly!
siposs is a gun, and will suit into the saints "restructured forward line" well as he is a medium forward and providing its not as one-dimensional. He just needs to improve his workrate.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

well hes a genuine saints fan and still only 17. so certainly 2 things going for him. good luck champ! his parents must be stoked.

#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

The year he kicked 99 goals for Beacy he just beat up on average teams. Beacy won the flag, Berwick came second, lost the grandfinal by less than a goal.

Point is, the fullback from Berwick beat him everytime they played throughout the year. He would have to have improved a lot since under 16s to make it. And I mean A LOT.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Re: Sipposs

St Fidelius wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
ChicagoSaint wrote:
BallBanger wrote:ignore p66 has no life other than potting forumites for their views..
if your view is different to his you're just plain wrong :roll:
Where as you are just plain dumb.
Yep plain as and banned three times under previous nics and is still allowed to post his crapola...

The admin staff have some explaining to do to allow that to happen and yet totally wipe other posters from re joining this site...

Hypocrites!!!

They lay down the rules hard, and for some reason just let it go ....

I really cant follow this forum's rules.

I know seem to know why we have posters (some good ones) that have left this site....

THE ADIM DON'T EVEN FOLLOW THEIR OWN RULES!!!!

It's not that hard to enforce your own rules FFS

you are picking on the wrong poster of the two in that post st fid....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:well hes a genuine saints fan and still only 17. so certainly 2 things going for him. good luck champ! his parents must be stoked.
Will probably get bagged for this and I have to admit I know nothing about this kid other than what's been posted on here and on YouTube.

But I keep thinking Fevola.

Playing as a forward for Beaconsfield, x-factor, brilliant kick, impossible goals, sulky, lazy, Saints supporter :wink:

I reckon Fev may have also been a similar size when he was drafted.

Of course I was going to add ethnic surname to the list but I won't - oops I did, too late :)

Anyway, just to stress I am not saying he is Fevola MkII, just saying all these comments are signifying some similarities.

Now if he can just keep it zipped up! 8-)

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

I think it pays to note that the Sipper is now our youngest player by SEVEN months.

Some of the comments re his work ethic could well stem from him being amongst the youngest in his cohort.

Give him a couple of seasons in a strong culture and he could be anything............

But lets not get on his back to much in 2011.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
gringo
Saintsational Legend

I heard a few murmurs that he was showing something before the draft but forgot about him until I heard the name called out.

The other guy that I never managed to notice but heard about was Farmer (Sandringham) who went to the Pies, he is meant to be a potential gun that slipped through the system.

I hope Siposs has the application because he does have the ability by all reports. We don't have enough players that can kick set shots regularly.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:I think it pays to note that the Sipper is now our youngest player by SEVEN months.

Some of the comments re his work ethic could well stem from him being amongst the youngest in his cohort.

Give him a couple of seasons in a strong culture and he could be anything............

hes very young. just snuck into draft. hopefully he still grows a cm or 2.

shmic_s
Club Player

It was interesting listening to Ross speak about him on the saints site.

Said they were after another mid-fielder but Sipposs had too much talent to pass on.

ChicagoSaint
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:I think it pays to note that the Sipper is now our youngest player by SEVEN months.

hes very young. just snuck into draft. hopefully he still grows a cm or 2.
looks to have something though.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Ok Im a bit of a draft nut... Just love it! And I taped it... And watched it twice... Not proud of it...

But I did notice some really heated discussion regarding the siposs selection...

The two guys at the microphone clearly had a disagreement and where expressing there perspectives to Lyon. Lyon eventually went with the guy closure to him.

Now I just watched Lyons assessment of the draft on Saints TV and he said they would have liked another midfielder but Siposs just had too much talent for that selection... wow!

Now maybe one was john peake... and the other hutchie? But yeh thought it was interesting...

And clearly Lyon had the final say!

Scoop
Club Player

Spinner wrote:Ok Im a bit of a draft nut... Just love it! And I taped it... And watched it twice... Not proud of it...

But I did notice some really heated discussion regarding the siposs selection...

The two guys at the microphone clearly had a disagreement and where expressing there perspectives to Lyon. Lyon eventually went with the guy closure to him.

Now I just watched Lyons assessment of the draft on Saints TV and he said they would have liked another midfielder but Siposs just had too much talent for that selection... wow!

Now maybe one was john peake... and the other hutchie? But yeh thought it was interesting...

I think you may find that the recruiters had the final say....

Extra! Extra! Read all about it......no I don't want to read about it anymore!!!
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Scoop wrote:
Spinner wrote:Ok Im a bit of a draft nut... Just love it! And I taped it... And watched it twice... Not proud of it...

It seemed that the recruiters we're in disagreement.... Obviously in a majority rule they had to consult others at the table.

Any danger on expanding on the comments anyways?

Scoop
Club Player

Spinner wrote:
Scoop wrote:

It seemed that the recruiters we're in disagreement.... Obviously in a majority rule they had to consult others at the table.

Any danger on expanding on the comments anyways?
I think it's pretty obvious Spinner.....Lyon's strategy was young midfielders for the first 4 picks....and then Gamble as the medium forward.

IMO, the recruiters (read John Peake) convinced Lyon that Siposs (a medium fwd), at pick 75, had too much talent to overlook for a midfielder with less talent.

It actually may be a little more complicated than this, but let's go with this scenario. :wink:

Extra! Extra! Read all about it......no I don't want to read about it anymore!!!
mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

So who were the quick midfielders that went after Siposs? The fact that we took Polo shows that the player we were after must have been taken.

InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

mad saint guy wrote:So who were the quick midfielders that went after Siposs? The fact that we took Polo shows that the player we were after must have been taken.
Polo was taken with the last live pick, two rounds later.

"What we executed in our first four picks allowed us to do that," said Lyon.

"We were probably only going to take one and we planned for Polo as a rookie, but we thought we're in good shape here, we've achieved what we wanted to."

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

InkerSaint wrote:Polo was taken with the last live pick, two rounds later.

"What we executed in our first four picks allowed us to do that," said Lyon.

"We were probably only going to take one and we planned for Polo as a rookie, but we thought we're in good shape here, we've achieved what we wanted to."
Yes, which I believe says that the other player we were looking at was gone. If the other midfielder we were keen on was still available then I suspect Polo would still be going as a rookie. After a quick look at the draft, I think it may have been Paul Seedsman, who went to Collingwood with the pick after Siposs.

goods
Club Player

Seedsman lol - that guy does not look like a footballer