Dean Polo!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BallBanger
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
BigMart wrote:A mate who laughed his arse off at me last year for rcruiting Pattison, is at it again....

Why could he not get a run in a side that was in the bottom half of the ladder this year...and how is he going to take us to the next level when his ability is known.....
He must have a great life. Laughing at you 5 minutes after the drat. Either your lying or your mates a f***wit.
what a hypocrite you are p66...you've spent the night hanging shtt.

have you no shame

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BallBanger wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
BigMart wrote:A mate who laughed his arse off at me last year for rcruiting Pattison, is at it again....

Why could he not get a run in a side that was in the bottom half of the ladder this year...and how is he going to take us to the next level when his ability is known.....
He must have a great life. Laughing at you 5 minutes after the drat. Either your lying or your mates a f***wit.
what a hypocrite you are p66...you've spent the night hanging shtt.

have you no shame
Hanging s*** on who apart from brain deads like yourself. You make dumb people sound smart. I havent hung s*** on one pick even if I dont agree with them all.

noob
Club Player

Haha we seem to love getting players from richmond.

sasaint
Club Player

0riginaly pick 20 in the '04 draft. I rate him and we need to give Lenny a hand in and under which Polo can do. And as far as picking him up from a cr*p side, how could anyone shine with the coach that Richmond had.

If I have any beef with the Saints selections is that we could have picked up a decent ruck with our first pick and we missed the opportunity.

Patience young grasshopper
Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

And he is a gippsland boy..... Good pick

kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

Did you point out to him that he has a picture on the AFL draft site, so he must be good.

Furtius Quo Rdelious
savatage
SS Life Member

Was a highly rated junion. St.Kilda had a crack at obtaining his services after his first season at the Tigers, so I always had an interest in his career.

I'm not so sure he's the dud that most think he is. I will watch this one with a keen eye.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti23 wrote:

Did you point out to him that he has a picture on the AFL draft site, so he must be good.
:lol:

Come on bigmart, got to admit that was a good one...

Moods
Saintsational Legend

After we picked Zac dawson 2 yrs ago, I will support any player we draft until they prove otherwise. Let's at least give him a chance rather than trying to be the first to say, 'I told you so.'

SaintWodonga
Club Player

Who cares we picked him up for almost nothing. I am happy with our 1st 5 picks.

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote:After we picked Zac dawson 2 yrs ago, I will support any player we draft until they prove otherwise. Let's at least give him a chance rather than trying to be the first to say, 'I told you so.'
I like...

rexy
SS Life Member

Are his skills better than Clint Jones?

Could he be a better tagging option due to the upside with the ball in hand?

Skill level needs to lift and CJ definately isnt blessed there.

Maybe this year?
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

noob wrote:Haha we seem to love getting players from richmond.

I would have thought it was more ofa case that we liked getting players from any club....

Over say the a last 5 or so seasons.....there would be only a small number of clubs that have not had an ex run around in our colours....

Dons only just missed out...though Milne once did.

Cats
Freo
Hawks
Blues
WCE
Tigers
Swans
Dogs
PA
Lions
Adelaide

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Tom_Sainter
Club Player

Don't think its a good pick but will wait and see, cost us nothing i guess..

Batnoe
Club Player

Carn Saints
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

interesting that in his last game for richmond he had 19 touches, 4 tackles, 4 inside 50s. not bad for a game they lost by 82 points to the eventual premiers. if he can average those sort of numbers for us he'll be an excellent pickup.

Pwoit
Saintsational Legend

SaintWodonga wrote:Who cares we picked him up for almost nothing. I am happy with our 1st 5 picks.
+1

eppo67
Club Player

My inlaws laughed when we picked up Ray now they want him back at the kennel.

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

waste of a pick

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

mr six o'clock wrote:waste of a pick
Yep, should have used it on some kid from the Manangatang Thirds :roll:

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Jesus you'd reckon we'd just traded Riewoldt for Monkhorst.

We got Polo for bugger all. What was he? Pick 421?

Our window is now. We got kids with our best picks. Wasting Pick 421 on some short skinny one trick pony from Bumf*ck, Idaho would have been absolutely pointless...

Polo is worth a roll. Gamble was an absolute no brainer.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:Wasting Pick 421 on some short skinny one trick pony from Bumf*ck, Idaho would have been absolutely pointless...
Thinline, I'll have you know that Eljay Connors, Phillip Raymond & Justin Sweeney are all products of Bumf*ck, Idaho 8-)

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
Thinline wrote:Wasting Pick 421 on some short skinny one trick pony from Bumf*ck, Idaho would have been absolutely pointless...
Thinline, I'll have you know that Eljay Connors, Phillip Raymond & Justin Sweeney are all products of Bumf*ck, Idaho 8-)
I rest my case.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
zebraman
Club Player

Moods wrote:After we picked Zac dawson 2 yrs ago, I will support any player we draft until they prove otherwise. Let's at least give him a chance rather than trying to be the first to say, 'I told you so.'
+1

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

zebraman wrote:
+1
x infinity...