Social club reserved seating

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:[

so SC now = reserved seat but for extra cash?

hmm...is there any available info on this? how do we get seats allocated? hat happens to roll over members?.
All we have is what is reported in this thread, ....including from one forumite that called the club .....and a couple of lines in a membership brochure

So far it is major change by stealth.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:

hmm...is there any available info on this? how do we get seats allocated? hat happens to roll over members?.
All we have is what is reported in this thread, ....including from one forumite that called the club .....and a couple of lines in a membership brochure

yep its poor.

a major change and bugger all communication.

you cant help but get the feel supporters are in such numbers now that the club feels it doesnt have to invest in them.

“Yeah….nah””
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
plugger66 wrote:You guys want to be as big as the Pies and the Dons. This is what happens. I reckon good on the club, others may not think so.
Doesn't affect you, so you don't care.
I am a social club member but also AFL. Cant stand level one so always sit in level 3 where ever I can get so yes doesnt effect me. As for not caring, obviously not as I dont sit there.
As I said, it doesn't affect you, so you don't care.

I'm also a Social Club member and occasionally sit on level one (usually stand). Now I have no choice.

Money grabbing is all it is, as with the Restricted Social Club Membership, which is restricted by the fact that you are not a Social Club Member, and probably never will be until the club flounders.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
plugger66 wrote:You guys want to be as big as the Pies and the Dons. This is what happens. I reckon good on the club, others may not think so.
I am a social club member but also AFL. Cant stand level one so always sit in level 3 where ever I can get so yes doesnt effect me. As for not caring, obviously not as I dont sit there.

I'm also a Social Club member and occasionally sit on level one (usually stand). Now I have no choice.

Money grabbing is all it is, as with the Restricted Social Club Membership, which is restricted by the fact that you are not a Social Club Member, and probably never will be until the club flounders.
Firstly what are you talking about. I said i am a social club member but also AFL so lets get that straight. As I said it doesnt effect ma and also as I said it is money grabbing. Have said that all along. Maybe you should read what I said instead of thinking you read it. My point is IMO they need to make money while they can as social club will drop off, what ever the club do, when we are down the bottom.

saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

Teflon wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:

yep its poor.

a major change and bugger all communication.

you cant help but get the feel supporters are in such numbers now that the club feels it doesnt have to invest in them.
Geez a rainy Melbourne Sunday morning made me check this site to see this news, I didnt even see it mentioned in the renewal, now we have to get all my mates together and see if we can get seating together.

Before Im 85
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

If this has been done because of a surge in popularity of the club then people like Greg Westaway and Michael Nettlefold should be out there spruking our popularity and taking advantage of it and thereby increasing the value of our Brand. Instead we are hearing NOTHING from our Prez or our CEO, and that is frustrating many people. Communication from our Board/Execs needs to improve

This latest situation does not affect me !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:If this has been done because of a surge in popularity of the club then people like Greg Westaway and Michael Nettlefold !!
Bollocks.... Westaway and Nettlefold are treating SC Members with contempt and are just trying to sneak the change through.

The s*** will hit the fan when the many who have missed the fine print try and get a seat in the are the Saturday before the first game and either miss out, due te number of seats being greatly reduced, or are told that the area is now completely Reserved seating.

It is all about a money grab and the club reneging on a long held SC Benefit.

It is all about Westaway removing the SC area from Level 1 and turning it is another reserved seat area.

Under Westaway the SC has just becomea tool to screw people over with.

Foundation status was removed and new SC Members last year were given the same staus as Foundation members who were told that they would have status over members joining in later years.

Foundation Members got standing room tickets in 2009 wth blown-ins getting seats. This was wrong and immoral.

What Westaway and Co should be doing is finding ways of enriching the experience of being a SC Member. Instead all they are doing is removing benefits and adding cost.

What about some Value Add...rather than just a money grab?

What about thinking like a Club :idea: rather than just a Business???

And if they want to think like a Business...can they at least think like a Business that values it's customers :idea:

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:

Firstly what are you talking about. I said i am a social club member but also AFL so lets get that straight. As I said it doesnt effect ma and also as I said it is money grabbing. Have said that all along. Maybe you should read what I said instead of thinking you read it. My point is IMO they need to make money while they can as social club will drop off, what ever the club do, when we are down the bottom.
Spot on plugger, couldn't agree more with you.

The club are doing the right thing by milking the cash cow that is St Kilda at the moment, even if it does piss people off.

If it's a popular brand/club due to success, it's in demand, so charge more and enough will come and make more money.

This concept is fine, provided they read the market properly and don't get over zealous, and conversely, when we are crap (most likely in 3+ years time), the prices drop to encourage supporters to stick with the club.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
This concept is fine,
Is it? Why?

They are taking something which was included and is now an extra.

So if it is fine, why does the club not simply now also state that all General Admission is only Standing Room and that anyone that wants a seat should pay extra.

It's fine. Let's just milk the cash cow.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:
This concept is fine,
Is it? Why?

They are taking something which was included and is now an extra.

So if it is fine, why does the club not simply now also state that all General Admission is only Standing Room and that anyone that wants a seat should pay extra.

It's fine. Let's just milk the cash cow.
If it has happened there is no point in whinging on here. Write to the club or if you dont want to do that, just dont join the social club. At the moment there are many willing to take your place. In 3 years you will get in again very easily and I doubt those seats will be reserved then when we are in the bottom 8 as they werent 5 years ago when we had thousands of vacancies and social club members got benefits. They just didnt join though.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

< guessing im one of the suckers then

why else would i buy two memberships with one as a SC when i live interstate?

yup to get access to a GF

we hardly get to games during the year except for finals.
if prices keep going up and options in each membership category keep going down then i might as well go back to two interstate memberships (which i can still get finals tickets with) and if we look like making a GF just by a package deal thru someone.

basically i see it as a donation to the club...at the moment

yeah
its a business
$$$$

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

If it has happened there is no point in whinging on here.
Firstly, it is not whinging, it is discussing what is occurring.

Secondly, you are 100% WRONG.

This is a forum and so there is EVERY reason to post such views here.

What in hell do you think a forum is for????

plugger66 wrote: Write to the club or if you dont want to do that, just dont join the social club.
I will be making my views known to the club as I have in the past. Though like most I just grin and bare it most of the time.

I have been SC for over 3 decades and value for money was NEVER a reason I put the money up...which when I was 18 was in scarce supply.

Value for money also was never a reason why I bought shares in the club etc etc...

The point I have raised is about the Club not treating SC Members fairly.

Amongst other points is that if the club was going to make such a major change that they should have had the decency to communicate it to it's SC Members in a fit and proper way.

As already mentioned by me many SC members will not realise till they try and sit there next year. Members posting in this thread about not knowing of the change is evidence of that.

Can you not understand that this poor form by the Club?

Can you not understand that this will create unnecessary angst?

plugger66 wrote: At the moment there are many willing to take your place.
Which is entirely my point., and you are now arguing my case.

At present there is...but the club is doing nothing to engender long-term loyalty.

They are pissing off long-term SC Member and when the wheel turns when the bandwagon SC Member all flood out..... a number of long-term SC Members will too for the Club is destroying reasons why they should be long-term members.

By making the SC purely a GF ticket Scheme...they are saying to long term SC member to become a bandwagoner who can choose to return later when the club becomes successful again.
plugger66 wrote: In 3 years you will get in again very easily and I doubt those seats will be reserved .
LOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL you are naive in the extreme.

Once they are made Reserved Seats they will stay that way.
The Club has already indicated that price will be lifted again in 2012 for this area.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Its not who amongst us is right or wrong, its the lack of communication coming from the club for two reasons;

1. As stated, there may/will be SC members who are unaware of this new arrangement/impost right up to Rd 1, 2011

2. It is an "Add-On" that so far has not been explained to those who could be affected by it

!!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

If it has happened there is no point in whinging on here.
Firstly, it is not whinging, it is discussing what is occurring.

Secondly, you are 100% WRONG.

This is a forum and so there is EVERY reason to post such views here.

What in hell do you think a forum is for????

plugger66 wrote: Write to the club or if you dont want to do that, just dont join the social club.
I will be making my views known to the club as I have in the past. Though like most I just grin and bare it most of the time.

I have been SC for over 3 decades and value for money was NEVER a reason I put the money up...which when I was 18 was in scarce supply.

Value for money also was never a reason why I bought shares in the club etc etc...

The point I have raised is about the Club not treating SC Members fairly.

Amongst other points is that if the club was going to make such a major change that they should have had the decency to communicate it to it's SC Members in a fit and proper way.

As already mentioned by me many SC members will not realise till they try and sit there next year. Members posting in this thread about not knowing of the change is evidence of that.

Can you not understand that this poor form by the Club?

Can you not understand that this will create unnecessary angst?

plugger66 wrote: At the moment there are many willing to take your place.
Which is entirely my point., and you are now arguing my case.

At present there is...but the club is doing nothing to engender long-term loyalty.

They are pissing off long-term SC Member and when the wheel turns when the bandwagon SC Member all flood out..... a number of long-term SC Members will too for the Club is destroying reasons why they should be long-term members.

By making the SC purely a GF ticket Scheme...they are saying to long term SC member to become a bandwagoner who can choose to return later when the club becomes successful again.
plugger66 wrote: In 3 years you will get in again very easily and I doubt those seats will be reserved .
LOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL you are naive in the extreme.

Once they are made Reserved Seats they will stay that way.
The Club has already indicated that price will be lifted again in 2012 for this area.
Totally agree the club should tell people and I am sure they will. Now what does LOL mean? If no one is using the reserved seats and not joining the social club when we are struggling they will increase the benefits. They have done it before and IMO will do it again.

The point you refuse or dont seem to get is the social club will drop away when we are struggling even if you get seats for nothing. There is proof of that previously. We need to make money whilst we can because there is nothing surer that there will be a drop off. And yes if longer termers drop off now and are replaced by those only wanting a GF ticket well of course those types will drop off but it is my opinion that the club will at least keep as many as they had 5 years ago anyway and if not will make it more attractive for SC members.

Maybe we are both wrong and it is a simple case of figures. If the club drops down as all clubs do but we hang onto 35 k members then maybe enough of those will pay SC as a donation what ever the benefits. Many do now.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

The point you refuse or dont seem to get is the social club will drop away when we are struggling
And how did you manage to make that deduction????

Particularly as I have stated it will decline.

Go back and read my points and argument again.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

And yes if longer termers drop off now and are replaced by those only wanting a GF ticket .

Ok

S L O W L Y

Long-term members will not drop off now while a GF ticket is in the offing.

ie T H E Y

W I L L

N O T

D R O P

N O W

but if the club keeps stripping away SC benefits they will drop off when GF Tickets are not in the offing as that will be about the only benefit left.

O T H E R S

W I L L

N O T

J O I N

T H E

S C

T H E N

A S

T H E Y

W I L L

N O T

B E

C H A S I N G

G F T I C K E T S

...and there will be no other reason to want to be a SC Member.

PS: Apologies to other forumites...but P66 is either just taking the piss, or trolling...

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

And yes if longer termers drop off now and are replaced by those only wanting a GF ticket .

Ok

S L O W L Y

Long-term members will not drop off now while a GF ticket is in the offing.

ie T H E Y

W I L L

N O T

D R O P

N O W

but if the club keeps stripping away SC benefits they will drop off when GF Tickets are not in the offing as that will be about the only benefit left.

O T H E R S

W I L L

N O T

J O I N

T H E

S C

T H E N

A S

T H E Y

W I L L

N O T

B E

C H A S I N G

G F T I C K E T S

...and there will be no other reason to want to be a SC Member.

PS: Apologies to other forumites...but P66 is either just taking the piss, or trolling...

So you know all this as fact. I would say it slowly but it doesnt seem to make any difference. You just dont get it. Nice that are trying to get people to barrack for you. I prefer to have my opinion. I dont need barrackers like you obviously do.

You just dont get the fact that a lot of people actually join the SC to be SC members. Not all of them are looking for benefits.

Finallly am I trolling, whatever that means because I dont agree with you? Strange deduction unless all your friends have to agree with everything you say or they arent real friends.

saintkellerm
Club Player

Social Club

When I received my membership brochure I read about the change to SC area being available to buy for an extra $80 and I have no problem with that. What I didn't like was the change to 'foundation members' that was never really communicated. But when I completed the survey that the Saints sent out late last year this was one of the things that I stated about rewarding long term SC members with seating in GF and those who have just taken it up in the last year or so should get standing room. I am a foundation SC member but got standing room tickets. It was a bit disappointing to me, that long time SC members are not rewarded but it is the same as someone who has been a SC member for 1 year. These are the things that should be brought up when you complete the survey IMO.

Go Saints - I will definitely be renewing my SC this year, and I am very lucky that I brought another SC membership under my husband's name who is not even a St Kilda supporter about 4 or 5 years ago just so I didn't have to go to a GF by myself and it has definitely paid off in the last 2 years, even though I couldn't really afford it, but was willing to pay it.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
You just dont get the fact that a lot of people actually join the SC to be SC members. Not all of them are looking for benefits.

No Plugga..you are the one that does not get...I and many others joined up to be SC Members....just to be SC Members.....we don't need the Club to be top of the ladder to be a SC Member...

When I joined...GF ticket access was not even a passing thought in why I joined up.

The last years or so many others have flooded in not to be SC Members...but just to get access to GF Tickets.

The bit that you do not get....is that I have no issue with the Club making money...including by GF ticket access.

The bit I dislike is that they are happy to abandon people that want to be ACTUAL SC Members in the process.

The club could easily have encouraged and rewarded long term members with for example a two tier system...just like say the MCC and AFL do...where "new" SC Members have a different status from "Full" SC members.

The Club even had one set up called Foundation SC Members...but they just threw it away.

Would probably actually make the club more $$$$ as then members would have the incentive to stay SC members to avoid dropping to bottom of the queue.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
and not joining the social club when we are struggling they will increase the benefits. They have done it before and IMO will do it again.

Since you keeping raising the idea of facts..but not actually producing any..

Can you now factually list how the club has increased SC benefits over the last 3 decades?

ace
Saintsational Legend

You can always get a reserved seat in front of your television but then you still have to pay Foxtel for a seat with a view of the match.
AND it wont even be live.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

Now to put in prospective

booking fee x 11 around $50 approx

Seat $80, this goes to the club not ticketek

For $30 or so more people dont have to be near a computer every Saturday the week prior, so its not so bad after all

Before Im 85
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
and not joining the social club when we are struggling they will increase the benefits. They have done it before and IMO will do it again.

Since you keeping raising the idea of facts..but not actually producing any..

Can you now factually list how the club has increased SC benefits over the last 3 decades?
When they brought out a book that had deductions for certain purchases. That was about 8 years ago. That is one that is fact. I am sure there are others. Now that I have given you that, can you give me some SC figures that prove we will drop below what we had in the SC from about 4-5 years ago.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

oh come on the only reason u get sc now is to get a GF ticket

what else is there??
is there an actual club where only sc'ers can go and mingle with players or staff etc?
do we get discounts on merch??

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote: oh come on the only reason u get sc now is to get a GF ticket

That is the point of this thread...it soon will be the only benefit of being a SC Member.
matrix wrote: what else is there??
is there an actual club where only sc'ers can go and mingle with players or staff etc?
do we get discounts on merch??
Well there was a SC seating area....again see this thread.

There is still the Victory Room...players still come in, but in restricted number and now often too late to stat and hear...but if one ends up sitting to far away?

PS: Have a read of the SC History Thread.
Last edited by saintsRrising on Mon 29 Nov 2010 1:44pm, edited 1 time in total.