Sam Gilbert.... you've lost me

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:Sam Gilbert seems like a good bloke. He has no doubt put himself in a really embarrassing position, but he can and will make it up to his team mates.

This is a little embarrassing for the players but of all the things that could happen to an AFL player, having your dick shown around is pretty minor.

I didn't search out the pics but unless the players are needing a microscope to find their manhood it really isn't that big a deal. No pun intended.

By the way I never get round to deleting anything off my computer so I can sympathise with the guy.
yes it has all become a bit hysterical.

I think it may have to do with supporters having their ego's and own self worth wrapped up in their football team.

Some people seem to be more worried about what people will say to them about their football team then the issue.

So what if you cop " Your team is full of rapists, wankers and gays" does it mean anything to you?

Time for some people to go to their bathrooms and have a look into the reflection they see.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
gringo wrote:Sam Gilbert seems like a good bloke. He has no doubt put himself in a really embarrassing position, but he can and will make it up to his team mates.

This is a little embarrassing for the players but of all the things that could happen to an AFL player, having your dick shown around is pretty minor.

I didn't search out the pics but unless the players are needing a microscope to find their manhood it really isn't that big a deal. No pun intended.

By the way I never get round to deleting anything off my computer so I can sympathise with the guy.
yes it has all become a bit hysterical.

I think it may have to do with supporters having their ego's and own self worth wrapped up in their football team.

Some people seem to be more worried about what people will say to them about their football team then the issue.

So what if you cop " Your team is full of rapists, wankers and gays" does it mean anything to you?

Time for some people to go to their bathrooms and have a look into the reflection they see.
some truth to this JB. i couldnt give a flog about myself. just concerned about players state of mind from this. cant be healthy.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Incredibly silly boy, probably found the photo's funny in an immature kind of way, it has to be said that at least one of the photo's was a pose though.

As for the girl obtaining them, have to see how that plays out...

I think people are forgetting that the club has been knowing this has been coming for quite some time now, a couple of months at least (remember Caro reported this was coming quite some time ago)

They probably could/would have traded him if they felt it was neccessary, just because she has now published the photo's, doesn't mean the club wasn't aware of what they were of and have been bracing themselves.
Last edited by SainterK on Tue 21 Dec 2010 11:00am, edited 1 time in total.

Harvey To Hayes
Club Player

Seaford_Saint wrote:
Oh FFS get a grip

The two will be prickly with each other, but if you think that all players have to love each other as brothers, you haven't been around too many sporting clubs.

Aker was absolutely hated in Brisbane and they won three flags. Edwards and McLeod, Williams, and Rhys-Jones, just off the top of my head.

Really need to get a hold of your emotions
No - I disagree. If we can manufacture a trade that is to our advantage, we should pursue it vigorously.

This behaviour breaks all ethics and nothing positive could ever come from it. Move him on.
Why do you even post this rubbish? Absolute waffle. Roo has already stated categorivcally that this hasn't fractured his relationship with Gilbo - are you saying that you know more about how he feels than Roo himself? Do you honestly think there was any intent on Gilbert's behalf?

As if we're going to get rid of one of our best players because of a stupid attention-seeking trollop going haywire on social media, absolutely ridiciluous...

This whole series of events has pissed me off, but not as much as some of these suggestions of peurile kneejerk reactions, seriously...

The future's so bright I've got to wear shades...
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Get a grip. Gilbert is not going anywhere and nor should he.

The villain here is the jilted young lady. Talk about hell hath no fury.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote: some truth to this JB. i couldnt give a flog about myself. just concerned about players state of mind from this. cant be healthy.
Interesting choice of words Con :wink:

The funniest thing about this is that all the men who will be calling Dal Santo a wanker, you know like no other man has ever masturbated before :D :D

The hypocricy is highly amusing to me. Especially when the abuse (oh god the puns just keep coming - on no another one) will come from blokes whose only likely sexual contact will ever be with their own hand. :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:Get a grip.
And the laughs just keep on keeping on....... :wink:

Lance or James??

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:The hypocricy is highly amusing to me. Especially when the abuse (oh god the puns just keep coming - on no another one) will come from blokes whose only likely sexual contact will ever be with their own hand. :roll:
Well it is mightier than the sword jb :wink:

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote: some truth to this JB. i couldnt give a flog about myself. just concerned about players state of mind from this. cant be healthy.
Interesting choice of words Con :wink:

The funniest thing about this is that all the men who will be calling Dal Santo a wanker, you know like no other man has ever masturbated before :D :D

The hypocricy is highly amusing to me. Especially when the abuse (oh god the puns just keep coming - on no another one) will come from blokes whose only likely sexual contact will ever be with their own hand. :roll:

Blokes in their 20s playing with themselves and cavorting naked. Shock horror. So what. Massive storm in a teacup.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

not much of a laugh but the girl actually said to Vizard on the radio that she took the photos and that when she heard roo say he doesnt know her she laughed.

she really is trying to bury the side huh

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

For a 24 yo, Sam Gilbert acts like a foolish 15 yo. Not only can't he kick, he clearly is short in the brains department.

If he isn't sacked, he would have to be on his last chance. Personally, I would have traded him when we had the opportunity, but for his football ability not his immaturity, although perhaps they are linked.

Anyway, he has done great damage to the two Nicks and it will be almost impossible for him to look either in the eye. Not a great thing at a footy club.

Seaford_Saint
Club Player

For a 24 yo, Sam Gilbert acts like a foolish 15 yo. Not only can't he kick, he clearly is short in the brains department.

If he isn't sacked, he would have to be on his last chance. Personally, I would have traded him when we had the opportunity, but for his football ability not his immaturity, although perhaps they are linked.

Anyway, he has done great damage to the two Nicks and it will be almost impossible for him to look either in the eye. Not a great thing at a footy club.
+1

Failure cannot succeed in the face of persistence......
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I find the attitude on here confusing to be honest.

First people justify how this is completely normal, and people take nude shots all the time....nothing to be embarassed by....what's the big deal....it's actually quite funny...boys will be boys...

Which is it?

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:not much of a laugh but the girl actually said to Vizard on the radio that she took the photos and that when she heard roo say he doesnt know her she laughed.

she really is trying to bury the side huh
Well at least that was on MTR so nobody would have heard it :D

Lance or James??

Richter
SS Life Member

SainterK wrote:I find the attitude on here confusing to be honest.

First people justify how this is completely normal, and people take nude shots all the time....nothing to be embarassed by....what's the big deal....it's actually quite funny...boys will be boys...

Which is it?
Philosophically two separate concepts....

1. Freedom of expression.

2. Right to privacy.

----------

Clearly they come in to conflict here. Hence the ethical dimension.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

no one here ever took a embarrassing photo when they were 20?

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
Seaford_Saint wrote: Roo & Dal CAN be relied upon to keep such confidential matters to themselves without sharing with whores / GF's / wives / family / friends etc..... unlike #19
How do you know?

And you are inferring that the photos were not stolen but freely given to the girl by Gilbert.

Can you corroborate this inference or are you making things up to suit your agenda?

You see, no matter what a footballer does at the club I support, it is no reflection on me, therefore, I am sure that the STKFC will do the right thing with all the facts in front of them.

To infer a player has done something as you have done really needs verificiation.
You can't be serious. Letting rationality invade the sanctity of gossip scandal? Come on...

Well said.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
gringo
Saintsational Legend

The common thread in all incidents to embarrass us has been Queenslanders. Until we cut the northern states and anything too far west for that matter we will keep feeling embarrassed.

Anyone from the outskirts of melbourne even should be removed from our puritanical football homeland. That's right NDS that means you -you knacker flasher.

I am setting up my own extreme right football league where we have ritual witch hunts for anyone behaving outside my strict moral guide lines.

All players must wear a burka and abide by a code of strict abstinence from all types behaviour that I see unfit.

Seriously lets just calm down a bit.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:The common thread in all incidents to embarrass us has been Queenslanders. Until we cut the northern states and anything too far west for that matter we will keep feeling embarrassed.

Anyone from the outskirts of melbourne even should be removed from our puritanical football homeland. That's right NDS that means you -you knacker flasher.

I am setting up my own extreme right football league where we have ritual witch hunts for anyone behaving outside my strict moral guide lines.

All players must wear a burka and abide by a code of strict abstinence from all types behaviour that I see unfit.

Seriously lets just calm down a bit.
lol - very good.

didn't know Milne and Montagna were Queenslanders :D

Lance or James??

StevieSaint
Club Player

Put Sammy Gilbert in the boxing ring and let the players take turns at 30 second intervals of working him over. Once 20 players have gone through and he has taken a solid ten minutes of punishment then let it go. He can wear a helmet to prevent him from losing any more brain cells.

If he doesn't perform this year and can't kick straight then trade him...

Bottom line is clubs don't win flags with all this B.S going on. Everything needs to go perfect...

Look at the previous winners and in their flag winning year they weren't involved in any off field scandals and disruptions...

GO SAINTS GO
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

StevieSaint wrote:Look at the previous winners and in their flag winning year they weren't involved in any off field scandals and disruptions...
dane swan was in court this year. john anthony had well-publicised issues. beams and anthony were both involved with an underage woman. malthouse and licuria were vilified for calling an opposition player a rapist, malthouse had extra problems because he lied about it. collingwood itself had financial issues with some hotels the club owned.

but apart from that there were no off-field issues, true.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Every year we send our best and brightest to Queensland only for them to come back a little less endowed in the head department. Brendan Fevola was an upstanding young man now he has his knob out when ever he sees anyone resembling a female.

I don't think we need to wait for the Wikileaks folder showing that the sunshine state is sending spies into Victorias greatest cultural institutions as a payback for our Schoolies letting their hair down on the coast.

Chemical castration is the only thing left for Gilbert- it's an outrage. We need a fence on the NSW border now.

cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:All players must wear a burka
One of these things?

gringo
Saintsational Legend

The "Burkie Burka" was as good a contraceptive device as there ever was. If all our players wore them to night clubs we wouldn't have to reset Lennies nose and there wouldn't be any after dark incidents with the opposite sex.

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

bigcarl wrote:Get a grip. Gilbert is not going anywhere and nor should he.

The villain here is the jilted young lady. Talk about hell hath no fury.
Who "scorned" her, though, Carl? What goes around comes around. To all of us, including football clubs.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.