Michael Gardiner please!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

sainter#4
Club Player

Longwayfromhome wrote:Big Mac just needs a bit more assistance and it isn't going to come from Kosi. Never was a ruck option and astounds me that we are considering him one now.
Set up a ruck team now.
Maybe Big Mac and Archer
Maybe Big Mac and Blake
Maybe Big Mac and Stanley
Maybe Gardiner and Big Mac.
I would personally go with the younger of the options. Get them all in and let Mr. King show them the trade.
Old dogs can't learn new tricks.
you must of missed thursday night, the last quarter turnaround was partly because of kosi giving us a contest in the ruck and allowed us to breakeven at worst.

spert
Saintsational Legend

Kosi doesn't do a proper ruck job, just provides a contest with good experienced body use. MG was never a long term prospect and should have really been the icing on the cake for 2010, but couldn't get the body right- if he does return, I doubt if his form will be as good as previous. Our recruiting has been woeful for years as far as building a good ruck. Big Ben needs a lot more work on using his body, as does Stanley..maybe they're just not up to it.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Saint Bev wrote:Michael Nettlefold said the other night he was coming on well, ahead of expectation, but I don't think St Kilda will rush him back.

Our ruck is definately a big problem, Big Mac is not up to it at this stage.
Well he better get up to it because he is by far the best option we have at the moment. Overated IMO anyway is the ruckman. Look at the pies last week. Killed in the ruck and won by 70.

Ruck is the most influential position on the ground IMO of course.

Allows good midfields to push into elite.

Don't discount collingwoods push into midfield dominance withthe recruitment of Jolley last year.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

If we are ever going to get any type of value from Kosi he has to be played as second ruckman.

Two slow to play any key position except FF nowdays.

He has no currency as a trade, so it is either develop him as a second ruckman or delist him.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)