Riewoldt has to be Joking

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintbob
SS Life Member

saintpeter wrote:Roo has to answer this criticism...this is a serious situation when the captain and a champion is being questioned by loyal saints fans, many of long standing..and the questions being raised are reasonable.
Absolutely spot on, Saintpeter

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

saintpeter wrote:Roo has to answer this criticism...this is a serious situation when the captain and a champion is being questioned by loyal saints fans, many of long standing..and the questions being raised are reasonable.
Roo has far to many credits for any Saints fan to question him. What a short memory some have. He carried us through the 09 finals series and came back after a near career ending injury and made a massive impact on the finals last year (as a whole).

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

saintbob wrote:
Absolutely spot on, Saintpeter
Why don't you two storm the club with placards and bullhorn.

Get all union picket on his arse.

Wadda we want. Ans-wers. When do wannem. NOW.

Tops.

Or call and extraordinary general meeting. You are shareholders. Band together. BE HEARD.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Wollongong_saint
Club Player

Thinline wrote:
He is having a less than great (but still well passable) season for the first time in a decade and you think he has to answer to the 'shareholders' like you simply because you feel a bit sad about things.

Okay.

Awesome.

Go get em tiger.
+1. What does he owe to us? So we give the club a little bit of money each year in the form of membership....so? Who are we to question what Nick Riewoldt has contributed? Ugh, makes me sick.

spert
Saintsational Legend

I reckon Lyon will a little less warm and fuzzy with Roo tonight than some on this forum

saintpeter
Club Player

I am certain that this is what Roo thinks himself and I am very confident aht he will do exactly that

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:I reckon Lyon will a little less warm and fuzzy with Roo tonight than some on this forum
You think Ross will question his captains leadership and effort and what his trade currency is? You're kidding right. Ross actually has some intelligence.

Wollongong_saint
Club Player

saintpeter wrote:I am certain that this is what Roo thinks himself and I am very confident aht he will do exactly that
Doubt it. Roo will go about next week the same he does every week, he'll look at some numbers, some vision, he'll go for a swim on a freezing beach somewhere, then he'll train, then he'll line up in two weeks and give a game his all just like he does every week. It's not warm and fuzzy, it's just how things happen. The guy's a freak, he's blown away expectations and now a bunch of bitter men (mostly) in front of their computers are baying for blood as if he personally owes them something! LAUGHABLE!

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

RL game plan has killed Riewoldt !

RL game plan has killed Riewoldt !

He has left him up forward competing against 2,3 and sometimes 4 opponents with no support for far too long. The poor bastard has just been worn down after 2 seasons of being swamped and has basically lost his mojo!

RL and his defensive set ups have finally cruelled our only key forward. Well done RL you ignorant spanker ! KOSI and GAMBLE are not the answer play someone who can give ROO some support eg Johnson Archer Stanley Lynch.

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
saintpeter
Club Player

thinline is a bit slow..am I right? I do not know the man, but his comments suggest that.

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Wollongong_saint wrote:
saintpeter wrote:I am certain that this is what Roo thinks himself and I am very confident aht he will do exactly that
Doubt it. Roo will go about next week the same he does every week, he'll look at some numbers, some vision, he'll go for a swim on a freezing beach somewhere, then he'll train, then he'll line up in two weeks and give a game his all just like he does every week. It's not warm and fuzzy, it's just how things happen. The guy's a freak, he's blown away expectations and now a bunch of bitter men (mostly) in front of their computers are baying for blood as if he personally owes them something! LAUGHABLE!
Ecellent response WS,spot on

I love this club
saintpeter
Club Player

there are a fools on here who lack comprehension skills

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

saintpeter wrote:thinline is a bit slow..am I right? I do not know the man, but his comments suggest that.
Oh you got me there with that barbed wit of yours pete, me here walking on my 'thin line' and all. Get it! thin...line...Thinline...CLEVER as.

Now what are we gonna do about those Riewoldt hack, pete?

Clearly he's the flaw in the strategy.

What's your plan?

Gonna bring it up at the shareholder's meeting?

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Re: RL game plan has killed Riewoldt !

WinnersOnly wrote:RL game plan has killed Riewoldt !

He has left him up forward competing against 2,3 and sometimes 4 opponents with no support for far too long. The poor bastard has just been worn down after 2 seasons of being swamped and has basically lost his mojo!

RL and his defensive set ups have finally cruelled our only key forward. Well done RL you ignorant spanker ! KOSI and GAMBLE are not the answer play someone who can give ROO some support eg Johnson Archer Stanley Lynch.
LOL

What makes you think that the young guys you have mentioned will support Riewoldt more so than Kosi and Gamble? Soory but Stanley is nowhere near it and the others mentioned aren't setting the world on fire in the magoos.

I love the enthusiasm but what makes you think you're a better judge of players than Lyon and the blokes that pick the teams. Just a guess, but I reckon they have a little more knowledge than us randoms on an internet forum.

Wollongong_saint
Club Player

saintpeter wrote:thinline is a bit slow..am I right? I do not know the man, but his comments suggest that.
Hmmm.... No SaintPeter, Thinline just seems to have a grasp of SARCASM, something it seems may be travelling a little above your head.

wraiyth
Club Player

The fact is that a captain shouldn't be immune from being dropped if his form is poor. The team has a vice captain and if a player - captain or not - isn't performing, then they need to be dropped.
Aside from that, dropping Rooey might send a message to many other players. There are way too many players coasting in that side right now, and if the message can be sent that no one's spot is safe, perhaps a few might pick their act up.

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

saintpeter wrote:there are a fools on here who lack comprehension skills
yes, you are the perfect example

I love this club
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

There are also people on here who expect a reasonable contribution from their captain....go figure.... :roll:

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
ralphsmith
SS Hall of Fame

wraiyth wrote:The fact is that a captain shouldn't be immune from being dropped if his form is poor. The team has a vice captain and if a player - captain or not - isn't performing, then they need to be dropped.
Aside from that, dropping Rooey might send a message to many other players. There are way too many players coasting in that side right now, and if the message can be sent that no one's spot is safe, perhaps a few might pick their act up.
I'm not sure this will do anything.

As a team, i don't think there's anything wrong with our desire to win games and play hard. We are trying our guts out.

There is a fundamental problem with too many players not posessing the skills and decision making abilities that AFL level (or GEELONG level) players should posess.

We are putting in 100% then fumbling deliveries into the forwardline, missing targets in the midfield, handballing to opposition players, running to the wrong place at the wrong time.

But god they try.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

wraiyth wrote:The fact is that a captain shouldn't be immune from being dropped if his form is poor. The team has a vice captain and if a player - captain or not - isn't performing, then they need to be dropped.
You're kidding right? That would totally undermine the captain/leader of the club and take away respect for him. You cannot drop the captain, plain and simple. An out of form Riewoldt is still lightyears ahead of any other forwards we have coming through. People are crying for changes but simply do not get that we do not have anyone better coming through as yet. Give it time.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:There are also people on here who expect a reasonable contribution from their captain....go figure.... :roll:
Isn't that what we usually get? Would've thoughts so. ten years of it.

Or are you gonna measure him by his few off games as well?

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

If the game was umpired correctly Roo would have received countless frees tonight. It must be frustrating having a player take his eyes off the ball and wrap his arms around you or block you time and again. Any fwit who wants to spruick Roo gets a good run has no idea.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
Wollongong_saint
Club Player

bobmurray wrote:There are also people on here who expect a reasonable contribution from their captain....go figure.... :roll:
We ALL expect a reasonable contributing from ALL of our players, but the fact is that a player of Riewoldt's capacity has "earnt" a dip in form and it would send the wrong message to demand any sort of "explanation" from him so early.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:
Isn't that what we usually get? Would've thoughts so. ten years of it.

Or are you gonna measure him by his few off games as well?
Not this year....

Not in Grand Finals either...he's not immune

he's the highest paid player by far..there is a fair expectation which he cant meet...money for jam...we'd all like a job like that

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
wraiyth
Club Player

Old Mate wrote:
You're kidding right? That would totally undermine the captain/leader of the club and take away respect for him. You cannot drop the captain, plain and simple. An out of form Riewoldt is still lightyears ahead of any other forwards we have coming through. People are crying for changes but simply do not get that we do not have anyone better coming through as yet. Give it time.
I think his lack of form this season has already lost him a significant amount of respect. I'm not sure how much initiative he takes compared to Lyon, but a player of his caliber should, as captain, be taking some initiative as to how he plays the game. You see Matthew Pavlich doing it all the time for Freo - throwing himself into the midfield, getting in the mix and impacting the game. Rooey doesn't do this and aside from the amount of leading and running he does, I'm not even sure how hard he works off the ball.