Raph

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

derby Street
Club Player

Maklom wrote:He is still not there yet. Not sure if he will ever get there. I'll give him kudos for blind courage and plugging a gap but still falls to pieces when the pressure is on. No one to replace him with at the moment.
I am sorry you missed the game - try and watch one ocassionally and you might be surprised at how well Raph is playing. :shock:

To the top
SS Life Member

Another excellent defensive game last night.

Held his opponent/s well, went back without fear to assist with the contest at the correct times, positioned himself very well and gave good instruction and support.

Typical Clarke game.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

To the top wrote:Another excellent defensive game last night.

Held his opponent/s well, went back without fear to assist with the contest at the correct times, positioned himself very well and gave good instruction and support.

Typical Clarke game.
Agree. But should he go for the mark when he has the sit, or always go the punch?

To the top
SS Life Member

Good question - but firstly the job of the defence is to restrict non pressure shots on goal from marks.

You never know what or who is coming from behind you - aka Fisher - so first things first.

My recall is that the defensive fist finished with Blake who then had time to use the ball.

It was a speculative high ball in and we had numbers back so first things first - put a fist on it then clean up.

Which is what happended.

Team rules.

ralphsmith
SS Hall of Fame

Raph.

Is tall.
Long arms.
Gets himself near the incoming football a lot.

Has all the physical attributes to take grabs in the backline. Too often goes the punch.

I reckon he should just mark it.