ROSS DIDN'T DECEIVE US

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

asiu
Saintsational Legend

... it can't even be said , he was contracted for 2012
... coz obviously , he wasn't.

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Junction Oval wrote:There is no doubt that there is a lot of conjecture surrounding this matter.

My read is that the Club was wary in April and put things on hold.

As the performance of the team improved and we were winning games, and looked like making the finals, the Club decided that "we want Ross." That was the time to get the deal done. They waited until after we finished our run - a big mistake.

"The hidden agenda's" - there seems to have been some mistrust between the Club and Ross over several unpublicised matters - possibly Pelchen's appointment and level of control, possibly the amount of funds available for Football Department investment etc.

That Ross got a better offer and took it, says a lot about the "friction" that was there between himself and the Club. These circumstances require careful, professional management. We just don't have that at the Saints and Ross took the better offer as he was entitled to do.

We need to get much better as a Club in our management. It's getting to be a real problem - on any measurement, the management is simply "not delivering"

AGREE!

The board hedged their bets and lost!

The deal should have been done ages ago!

Should have backed him in to be a ten year coach for us and create some stability.

We had a great coach, we should have kept him!

Now's the worry about who they actually choose to replace him, about as confident of these clowns making a good decision as I am of Paris Hilton joining the nunnery!

Just last Tuesday Westaway was quoted

"We believe in him, we want him there and, to be honest with you, in two years' time if he's still there - and I hope he is and I believe he will be - we'll be offering to extend it again".

Actually had one year to run so that would make it one year NOT two Greg!

You know it's 2011 now and when his contract runs out it will be 2012 Greg, by my calculations that would be ONE YEAR

anyway I digress

And the night before Nettlefold bumbling on about " spirit of the contract" " spirit of the contract " " spirit of the contract "and saying he was contracted until 2012 etc...etc...

that would be the same contract with get out clauses the board had insisted on to begin with which effectively made the contract meaningless

and provided Lyon with ZERO security and little confidence that he had the board onside!

Then when they thought, oh no we might lose him they offer the four year deal without conditions just last Wednesday

as opposed to the four year deal with conditions the board were unwilling to sign in April

Freo offer 7.5 million for five years, almost four million dollars more

What would you do if in the same position, you had a board delaying the contract extension, inserting conditions, appointing Pelchen to diminish your authority and including get out clauses whereby you can be exited out at any time on three months notice?

Where's the security in that?

Or on the other hand you had a board willing to do anything to get your services and pay you way above the market odds...7.5 million

What decision would you make?

Seriously it's quite unbelievable how incredibly stupid, naive and dumbed down most on this site are given the absolute emotionally charged drivel that has been expunged and directed at Lyon for leaving.

Ross Lyon left when a better opportunity came along because a deal had not been done, locked in and signed off on earlier and was able to do so because there were get out clauses that the board themselves had insisted on and the board had failed in locking in a coach regarded in the industry as one of the very best

The carry on about Lyon being a traitor, Judas Iscariot and lowlife deceiving scum is embarrassing and shows most up for the laterally challenged apologist clowns and simpletons they are with this one eyed defend the club and it's honour at all costs nonsense!

A few weeks ago apparently I was a traitor for questioning Lyon's team selections AND this coming from the very same flogs who now label him the devil incarnate!

TOO FUNNY

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Oddly, the article and quotes from Roo seem to contradict Lyin's own recollection of their 'emotional' final meeting...unless I'm misreading something? "I'm out - I'm going to Freo" doesn't sound terribly emotional. In any case, it's just spin from Roo...possibly for legal reasons...otherwise, the club is backhandedly stating that he had re-neg'd on a verbal contract.

How does Gram's tweet "...strange, after what he said Wednesday" fit in to this...Grammy spilling the beans with his Twitter account again? The club should take it off him!

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

:arrow:
Last edited by saintbrat on Sun 18 Sep 2011 10:19pm, edited 1 time in total.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
Junction Oval wrote:There is no doubt that there is a lot of conjecture surrounding this matter.

As the performance of the team improved and we were winning games, and looked like making the finals, the Club decided that "we want Ross." That was the time to get the deal done. They waited until after we finished our run - a big mistake.

"The hidden agenda's" - there seems to have been some mistrust between the Club and Ross over several unpublicised matters - possibly Pelchen's appointment and level of control, possibly the amount of funds available for Football Department investment etc.

That Ross got a better offer and took it, says a lot about the "friction" that was there between himself and the Club. These circumstances require careful, professional management. We just don't have that at the Saints and Ross took the better offer as he was entitled to do.

We need to get much better as a Club in our management. It's getting to be a real problem - on any measurement, the management is simply "not delivering"

AGREE!

Should have backed him in to be a ten year coach for us and create some stability.

Now's the worry about who they actually choose to replace him, about as confident of these clowns making a good decision as I am of Paris Hilton joining the nunnery!

"We believe in him, we want him there and, to be honest with you, in two years' time if he's still there - and I hope he is and I believe he will be - we'll be offering to extend it again".

You know it's 2011 now and when his contract runs out it will be 2012 Greg, by my calculations that would be ONE YEAR

anyway I digress

And the night before Nettlefold bumbling on about " spirit of the contract" " spirit of the contract " " spirit of the contract "and saying he was contracted until 2012 etc...etc...

that would be the same contract with get out clauses the board had insisted on to begin with which effectively made the contract meaningless

and provided Lyon with ZERO security and little confidence that he had the board onside!

Then when they thought, oh no we might lose him they offer the four year deal without conditions just last Wednesday

as opposed to the four year deal with conditions the board were unwilling to sign in April

What would you do if in the same position, you had a board delaying the contract extension, inserting conditions, appointing Pelchen to diminish your authority and including get out clauses whereby you can be exited out at any time on three months notice?

Or on the other hand you had a board willing to do anything to get your services and pay you way above the market odds...7.5 million

Seriously it's quite unbelievable how incredibly stupid, naive and dumbed down most on this site are given the absolute emotionally charged drivel that has been expunged and directed at Lyon for leaving.

Ross Lyon left when a better opportunity came along because a deal had not been done, locked in and signed off on earlier and was able to do so because there were get out clauses that the board themselves had insisted on and the board had failed in locking in a coach regarded in the industry as one of the very best

The carry on about Lyon being a traitor, Judas Iscariot and lowlife deceiving scum is embarrassing and shows most up for the laterally challenged apologist clowns and simpletons they are with this one eyed defend the club and it's honour at all costs nonsense!

A few weeks ago apparently I was a traitor for questioning Lyon's team selections AND this coming from the very same flogs who now label him the devil incarnate!

TOO FUNNY
I don't think anyone reads all of this. Could be wrong.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
degruch
Saintsational Legend

Junction Oval wrote:These circumstances require careful, professional management. We just don't have that at the Saints and Ross took the better offer as he was entitled to do.

I think the whole situation reflects poorly on Ross, not our club's management of his contract. We were right to leave negotiations until after the finals, and the fact that Ross left in such spectacularly disgraceful style really does prove it. The Saints now get a fresh start, RL has more pressure on him than Gadaffi in a bunker

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

That Ross got a better offer and took it, says a lot about the "friction" that was there between himself and the Club. These circumstances require careful, professional management. We just don't have that at the Saints and Ross took the better offer as he was entitled to do. That he shat in a few faces, is another distasteful and different story, which I deplore.

We need to get much better as a Club in our management. It's getting to be a real problem - on any measurement, the management is simply "not delivering." The impending $1.5mil loss seems to be confirmation of this!

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
Junction Oval wrote:These circumstances require careful, professional management. We just don't have that at the Saints and Ross took the better offer as he was entitled to do.

I think the whole situation reflects poorly on Ross, not our club's management of his contract. We were right to leave negotiations until after the finals, and the fact that Ross left in such spectacularly disgraceful style really does prove it. The Saints now get a fresh start, RL has more pressure on him than Gadaffi in a bunker
Ross has moved on and does not give a sh!t. He also would look forward to te pressure becuase that's the type of bloke he is.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
degruch wrote:

Ross has moved on and does not give a sh!t. He also would look forward to te pressure becuase that's the type of bloke he is.
It's got very little to do with whether Ross gives a s*** or not...he'll be gone by the end of his second season if Freo don't improve. He'll also get a frying from the media the likes of which he's yet to experience half of...and would thoroughly deserve it.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:

AGREE!

anyway I digress

TOO FUNNY
A professional person would give their current employer first right of refusal to match an offer, when the job is like for like, when they have been effectively head hunted.

If the current employer can;t match it, you leave with integrity.

Simple.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
degruch wrote:

It's got very little to do with whether Ross gives a s*** or not...he'll be gone by the end of his second season if Freo don't improve. He'll also get a frying from the media the likes of which he's yet to experience half of...and would thoroughly deserve it.
I don't know what's going to happen at Freo but there's a good chance that they are going to do very well out of this. There's even a better chance that he doesn't care what anyone including the likes of you and me think of what he did. We could end up doing well out of this as well if we play our cards right. Time will tell.

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

I think that what we want, is for the Club to be much, much better in it's management and that's what I can't see as being delivered with our existing personnel.

It's easy "to point fingers after the event." What we need is for these situations not to get to the deplorable situations that they do - "that is the art of management." We are a long way from that level and it will cost us dearly!

degruch
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:We could end up doing well out of this as well if we play our cards right. Time will tell.
That's what I'm more interested in. If it doesn't fare well though, losing a coach late, going into 2012 with a stack of noobies in the team, it probably won't be a massive surprise. RL HAS to do well though...that's the point. If he doesn't, he stands a good chance to be the most expensive failure in AFL history.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
SaintPav wrote:We could end up doing well out of this as well if we play our cards right. Time will tell.
That's what I'm more interested in. If it doesn't fare well though, losing a coach late, going into 2012 with a stack of noobies in the team, it probably won't be a massive surprise. RL HAS to do well though...that's the point. If he doesn't, he stands a good chance to be the most expensive failure in AFL history.
Not our problem is it.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
degruch wrote:

When Freo win a premiership in the next three to five years with Lyon lauded as a hero, the press absolutely loving him and at the same time we've managed to rack up at least one more wooden spoon for our collection, the flogs on here will ask themselves how did we manage to screw up and lose this great coach when he was ours to begin with!

The answer is very simple but even then I'm sure it will go way over the heads of the goofballs on here who will still be cursing and swearing calling him a traitor and lowlife scum.

It's pathetic really and also happens to be the most appropriate word to describe our board, PATHETIC!

degruch
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
degruch wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
degruch wrote:

When Freo win a premiership in the next three to five years with Lyon lauded as a hero, the press absolutely loving him and at the same time we've managed to rack up at least one more wooden spoon for our collection, the flogs on here will ask themselves how did we manage to screw up and lose this great coach when he was ours to begin with!

The answer is very simple but even then I'm sure it will go way over the heads of the goofballs on here who will still be cursing and swearing calling him a traitor and lowlife scum.

It's pathetic really and also happens to be the most appropriate word to describe our board, PATHETIC!
You are so clueless...at least goofballs have heads, I'm not sure what houses that peanut you casually refer to as a brain.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
degruch wrote:
Not our problem is it.
Nup. Good!

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
degruch wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
degruch wrote:

There's a lot of water to go under the bridge before that happens.

You need to get a grip becuase you can't prove that RL was the right bloke to take us forward. What happened this week proved that he wasn't the right person becuase if he was, he would have wanted to stick around so please stop embarssing yourself.
Last edited by SaintPav on Sun 18 Sep 2011 10:46pm, edited 1 time in total.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Re: ROSS DIDN'T DECEIVE US

barks4eva wrote:ST KILDA skipper Nick Riewoldt has backed Ross Lyon's version of events, saying the departing coach never told the playing group he'd continue on next season.

Reports had suggested Lyon told the Saints after their elimination loss to the Sydney Swans that he would continue in the role in 2012, a claim Lyon denied.

Speaking to Chanel Seven's AFL Game Day, Riewoldt also dismissed the notion.

"That's a misconception that's out there at the moment, at no stage did Ross say black and white that he was going to stay, everyone knew he was contracted [in 2012] and I think there were a lot of assumptions made, but at no stage did he say verbatim, 'I'll be here next year'," Riewoldt said.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle ... fault.aspx

What would Riewoldt know and Goddard for that matter?

I'm sure all the dumbed down dingbats on here who source their info from hearsay and journalist opinion are the one's who really have their fingers on the pulse.

Must be time for someone to post a link to that Gerard Whateley article to get the real truth on the matter!

Blind leading the blind once again!
what do you want roo to say ffs..???..... that the guy is a lying prick...

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Re: ROSS DIDN'T DECEIVE US

stinger wrote:
barks4eva wrote:ST KILDA skipper Nick Riewoldt has backed Ross Lyon's version of events, saying the departing coach never told the playing group he'd continue on next season.

Reports had suggested Lyon told the Saints after their elimination loss to the Sydney Swans that he would continue in the role in 2012, a claim Lyon denied.

Speaking to Chanel Seven's AFL Game Day, Riewoldt also dismissed the notion.

"That's a misconception that's out there at the moment, at no stage did Ross say black and white that he was going to stay, everyone knew he was contracted [in 2012] and I think there were a lot of assumptions made, but at no stage did he say verbatim, 'I'll be here next year'," Riewoldt said.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle ... fault.aspx

What would Riewoldt know and Goddard for that matter?

I'm sure all the dumbed down dingbats on here who source their info from hearsay and journalist opinion are the one's who really have their fingers on the pulse.

Must be time for someone to post a link to that Gerard Whateley article to get the real truth on the matter!

Blind leading the blind once again!
what do you want roo to say ffs..???..... that the guy is a lying prick...

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Welcome patron saint of flogdom, must be time for you to drop another C word.

It's quite apposite that C words just so happen to best describe YOU

CLUELESS
CLOWN

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

gazrat wrote:.... this one's the boards fault , imo.

... preaching the 10 year plan , then inserting a get out clause ,

That's IT!

Give the masses what they want to hear and at the very same time hedge your bets with other clandestine agendas

shadow boxers, fence sitters and glove puppets

I'm sure Lyon really appreciated that!

NOT!

degruch
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:

That's IT!

Give the masses what they want to hear and at the very same time hedge your bets with other clandestine agendas

NOT!
The board instigated the get-out clause...yeah...that sounds plausible. Keep guessing.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
barks4eva wrote:

That's IT!

NOT!
The board instigated the get-out clause...yeah...that sounds plausible. Keep guessing.
Are you really as dumb as you make out or have you just been living in Adelaide too long?

degruch
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
degruch wrote:
barks4eva wrote:

That's IT!

NOT!
Are you really as dumb as you make out or have you just been living in Adelaide too long?
You are dumbest supporter I've come across, from any club, ever. Yes, I've sat next to someone's deaf and blind great-grandparent, knitting a Crows scarf through an entire Crows game without looking up once, that knows more about the political ins and outs of footy that you. If you had a head to house your peanut, I'd suggest applying multiple self-inflicted blows until you knock it back into place, then start trying to generate thought.

Keep.

Guessing.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

must be the drinking water over there