KEEP Fev OUT of st kilda campaign

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Hammer
Club Player

Agree with Everton. I want to win games, that is why we need the Fev.

Bring back the Hammer!
winmaaah
Club Player

No, just not worth risking another negative saga.

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Why the hell do you people want to recruit a washed up player who is 30+ and has been delisted by a VFL club.
We want to recruit for the future, not yesterday, or last year or 3 seasons ago.
If we recruited him and it went south, then even I would be calling for the board to stand down.
I'd be one hell of a lot more excited with Roo, Kosi, Milne and an in form Stanley or some other young player walking down to our forward line.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

N0. He's had enough chances - hasn't Watters ruled out drafting Fevola anyway :shock:

Hold your ground :shock:
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Grrrrr wrote:
TD wrote:
Grrrrr wrote:Fev still has personal issues to deal with (has an ice addiction for starters, will not go into details). He would quickly undo all the positive hard work the Saints have done in recent times.
And you walk on thin ice, i hope you got a good lawyer if its seen your making remarks like that. Its called defamation of character.
Is it? When it's the truth? :roll:
How's life in Brighton?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
TD
Club Player

Grrrrr wrote:
TD wrote:
Grrrrr wrote:Fev still has personal issues to deal with (has an ice addiction for starters, will not go into details). He would quickly undo all the positive hard work the Saints have done in recent times.
And you walk on thin ice, i hope you got a good lawyer if its seen your making remarks like that. Its called defamation of character.
Is it? When it's the truth? :roll:
I have made Fev aware of your post, lets see how you go from here.

:roll:

SaintSimmo
Club Player

Firstly, i would like to state i do not want Fev at St.Kilda....however:

This is the final draft order post pick 68:

68. St Kilda
69. Brisbane Lions (PR)
70. Western Bulldogs (PR)
71. Fremantle
72. Fremantle

73. Western Bulldogs (PR)
74. North Melbourne (PR)
75. Essendon (PR)
76. St Kilda
77. Hawthorn (PR)
78. Geelong
79. GWS Giants
80. Gold Coast Suns (PR)
81. Port Adelaide
82. Adelaide (PR)
83. Fremantle (PR)
84. North Melbourne (PR)
85. Sydney Swans (PR)
86. Geelong (FS)
87. GWS Giants
88. Gold Coast Suns (LT)
89. Adelaide (PR)
***rest of the draft is just GWS

(PR) Promoted rookie
(LT) Local talent selection
(FS) Father/son
(SP) Scholarship promotion

In bold is the clubs who are able to pick Fev up (with other clubs already allocating these picks for reasons stated)

It would be hard to think he would go earlier then pick 68, therefore the remaining part of the draft is as above.

With GWS already ruling him out that would mean if Fev is to be drafted he will go to Freo, Geelong, Port Adelaide, or to us :O

Keeping in mind that during trade week there was interest from a Melbourne based club, so going by this it is either us or Geelong. :O

Or………nobody will pick him up and we use pick 76 on one of the players that has been given permission to train (e.g. Dowler or one of the sandy players)

It's just a theory, I'm not saying this is certainly going to happen, but it is a logical view of the situation...so please don't go all nazi on me
:D :D

p.s. sorry for the long post :oops:

Sainter for life.
gringo
Saintsational Legend

I don't understand why he is so despised. He isn't exactly in the same boat as the bad boys he is compared to.

Cousins was a serious drug addict not a problem gambler. The rest of Fev's disgraces were hardly like the Lovett fiasco.

He makes a dick of him self when he drinks. He did some embarrassing things but hardly major crimes.

Brisbane dumped him because they wanted to look like they were proactive when their favourite son screwed their recruiting up.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

I'm not sure if Fev is the right fit but he is hardly the villain some would make him out to be ... He got sacked by Carlton after the footyshow threw him under the bus with the brownlow street talk ( yes it was his choice to get that drunk but deep down you know TFS was encouraging it ) so he heads to Brisvegas with all the fanfare until it blew up in Vossys face when a favorite son walked because of it , Fev was then made the scapegoat by the lions and in the end they were looking for any excuse to sack him ... He has his issues and I'll admit most of his troubles are from his own making but over all his antics would be considered non matters in bygone eras it's only in this current media driven moral high ground gossip column tabloid society we live in that makes him out to be the evil of the world ... Again I don't think he fits St Kilda but he is far from an oxygen theif or Cancer .... Look to the court system and see the granny badgers kiddie fiddlers and drug lords and there's you Cancers / oxygen theif

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
stinger
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:I'm not sure if Fev is the right fit but he is hardly the villain some would make him out to be ... He got sacked by Carlton after the footyshow threw him under the bus with the brownlow street talk ( yes it was his choice to get that drunk but deep down you know TFS was encouraging it ) so he heads to Brisvegas with all the fanfare until it blew up in Vossys face when a favorite son walked because of it , Fev was then made the scapegoat by the lions and in the end they were looking for any excuse to sack him ... He has his issues and I'll admit most of his troubles are from his own making but over all his antics would be considered non matters in bygone eras it's only in this current media driven moral high ground gossip column tabloid society we live in that makes him out to be the evil of the world ... Again I don't think he fits St Kilda but he is far from an oxygen theif or Cancer .... Look to the court system and see the granny badgers kiddie fiddlers and drug lords and there's you Cancers / oxygen theif

good post...

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

3rd generation saint wrote:Why the hell do you people want to recruit a washed up player who is 30+ and has been delisted by a VFL club.
We want to recruit for the future, not yesterday, or last year or 3 seasons ago.
If we recruited him and it went south, then even I would be calling for the board to stand down.
I'd be one hell of a lot more excited with Roo, Kosi, Milne and an in form Stanley or some other young player walking down to our forward line.
What does him having been delisted by a club in the VFL have to do with anything? He was apparently delisted by Casey because Melbourne tightened the screws on them and told them to get rid of him, so that they could play someone from their list in the spot Fev was playing in. I'm pretty confident it wasn't due to the fact he kicked bags and bags of goals for them this year, to be the most dominant in that comp up forward by the end of the season (or the fact that in the time since he's been kicking more bags of goals up in the NT, to show that he's still committed to his footy). :shock:
And those that are suggesting we get him are talking about now, or the future, not the past, I think it's fair to say. He is certainly not likely to be as good as he was, but he doesn't need to be, to make a valuable contribution to a team's forward line.
If it was someone else (who was on an AFL list) kicking bags of goals in the VFL, like he was this year, he'd have been in their senior AFL team so fast it wouldn't have been funny. And that was going on how he was going at that time, just a few months ago, not 3+ years ago. And if he got drafted, or rookied, he'd be likely to be in significantly better physical shape next year than he was this year, too, as a result of a much better pre-season than the one he had leading into this season. So next year he could easily go better than he did this year and this year he was going plenty well enough to have been competitive at AFL level. And when you consider how much better the delivery into the forward lines of AFL teams can be (not to mention ground quality/condition), compared to VFL teams, it's fair to say he'd have done well and would again next year (if someone drafts him, which is a long-shot, IMO).
On your last point, we'd all probably be in raptures if Stanley was in form and doing well in our forward line, but on the evidence shown in the VFL this year, Stanley is still a LONG way behind Fev when it comes to performance on a footy field.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

I suggest that GRRR delete his posts. making an unsubstantiated claim could see this forum die for good.

Subjective accusations are fine, definitive accusations are dangerous.

If anyone saw the last televised game, fev sooked, hung it on his team mates, and gave away a 50 when he didn't get his way.

As for a winner, how much of a winner was he at carlton and brisbane?

IF anything he dragged both teams down with his behaviour.

people are making him out to be a matchwinner, if anything he's proved he's nothing more than a 'kick it to me' spoiled brat who brings his teams down.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:I suggest that GRRR delete his posts. making an unsubstantiated claim could see this forum die for good.

Subjective accusations are fine, definitive accusations are dangerous.

If anyone saw the last televised game, fev sooked, hung it on his team mates, and gave away a 50 when he didn't get his way.

As for a winner, how much of a winner was he at carlton and brisbane?

IF anything he dragged both teams down with his behaviour.

people are making him out to be a matchwinner, if anything he's proved he's nothing more than a 'kick it to me' spoiled brat who brings his teams down.
He won the Coleman in a wooden spoon team ! He at his most sooky worst will still prove headaches for the best defenders ... At bris he was good in the first 8 games until injury and the pressure on the dud choices Voss made were starting to show ... Fev can play afl level no doub about it

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
gurubob101
Club Player

31 years old. Career average 3 goals a game. 48 from 17 games at Brisbane last time out but completely ran out of steam later in the season. Is he worth all the scrutiny, the angst, the negative press for a couple of goals a game at best?

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Fev is not a pro.
Fev is not a cancer.
Fev is not the answer.
Pure and simple.
Time to back the kids in.

Heidelberg_Saint
Club Player

Fev was again playing up at the Casey Scorpians mad Monday - source: a Scorpians player. The guy CANNOT drink, however continues to make the wrong decision. Don't draft him!

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Why would we risk planning our forward strategies around a guy that everyone knows is not only high risk as far as being physically fit enough, but also whose personal life could implode at any time??? I believe that with the stress around the delisting from the Lions, the bad publicity, the gambling debts, the partnership breakup and all the medication surrounding his alcohol issues that Fev is damaged goods. It would be great for him personally, if an AFL club gave him a chance to finish his AFL playing career on high note, but at what cost to the club itself?!!

The past two years have been so taxing on his mind and his body and he's never been a guy that looked like he had endurance or able to play out a whole quarter or 4 quarters and give it his all. He can only play one position and at 30+ he'll definitely struggle to get anywhere near the peak fitness that is demanded, even just as a FF. Everything the new coach has said including the statements below are consistent with a BIG 'N-O' to drafting Fev...we need to focus on the youth at the club and invest in the long term.

http://www.saints.com.au/news/newsartic ... fault.aspx
“The appointment of Aaron and Max to these newly created roles will enable our List to receive high performance coaching to further develop specific aspects of their game,â€

B-rad

That's a bullsh|t post and I hope you get into trouble because of it.

Make a massive claim and then say you wont go into details.

Mate, you're a candy-ass.

p.s. GET THE FEV TO ST KILDA :)

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

3rd generation saint wrote:I'd be one hell of a lot more excited with Roo, Kosi, Milne and an in form Stanley or some other young player walking down to our forward line.
No offence, but thinking Kosi is capable of contributing as much as Fevola is dreaming.

Fevola could kick 60+ next year with his eyes closed, freeing up Riewoldt to do what he does best - collect the ball higher up the ground.

With Milne at Fev's feet, we have a fantastic opportunity to kick more goals.

And that also gives Kosi a chance to ruck more, where he can probably have the biggest impact without getting toweled up by hard-running defenders.

It's a big yes for Fev.

I'd rather have a crack at winning the big one this year than not. We're not kicking enough goals and he can help fix that. My two cents.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

Please get the fev

#1 Ryder fan
SMS
Club Player

NO! GET FEV I SAY!

Fevs a saints fan, friends with all the boys ... is the best full forward in the country ... comes cheap, and if stuffs up easy to throw him out without any red tape.

Fev forward Kosi in the ruck to help out McEvoy.

I would be so excited if fevola came to the saints. And this campaign is BS! We are supporters ... IF watters wants Fevola then we applaud and support that decision!

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Re: NO! GET FEV I SAY!

SMS wrote:IF watters wants Fevola then we applaud and support that decision!
I don't want Fev however that part of your comment is 100% spot on.

If Scott wants him then I'll be buying in.

TD
Club Player

Re: NO! GET FEV I SAY!

Dr Spaceman wrote:
SMS wrote:IF watters wants Fevola then we applaud and support that decision!
I don't want Fev however that part of your comment is 100% spot on.

If Scott wants him then I'll be buying in.
I am with the club on this one also, if hes drafted then so be it.

doggerel
Club Player

I just wonder about the appointment of Hamill here.......

If the club were to recruit Fev the first thing you would want in place is a very forceful personality, one that Fev would respect, riding him every inch of the way. I couldn't think of an more ideal candidate than Hamill.

St Kilda Social Club member since 1996
Rosco
Club Player

i was going through the saints players names with my 3 year old son today, getting him to repeat them for me. i tested fev's name on him and he said "brendan felova". i had to laugh, i'm sure he has fallen over more than a few times...