MAX IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
samuraisaint wrote:Yes and no. The reason it went to a replay is the same reason that Geelong luckily got over us in 2009. They played all over us early, and due to luck, grand final nerves, relative inexperience, the door was left open for us, and like any good team, we opened that door. a bounce the other way or into Milne's hands, the flag may have been ours.
They beat us the next week for the simple reason that we ran out of fit players, and that's why when they got on top they were able to run away with it.
I bumped into Max the week leading up to the replay in a milk bar on Hampton St and he was very positive about the Saints, and hoped that the die hard St Kilda barrackers didn't think that he was disloyal, and that he would have preferred to have stayed at the club but he wasn't offered anything.
It was a great conversation and at the end of it when I said I couldn't wish him luck for the replay, he said "of course not, no way" and even asked if I had tickets for the game.
He is a true great St Kilda clubman and I don't think we should bagging him for losing a Grand Final, in which was, let's face it, a brilliant year for us on field, while shocking in many ways off it.
Welcome back MAX!
thank you for posting that..... 8-)
+1

HelenR
Club Player

Gotta love that Maxie is back. Killed me to see him go (especially to THAT team). So glad he is back where he belongs.

Superstar
Club Player

SainterK wrote:My opinion is that you are stretching it Barks.

Max helped their backmen, sure.

He and luke arriving to Collingwood didn't magically make guys like Pendlebury, Thomas, Swan, Cloke, and the likes elite.

So their forward pressure increased in 2010?

Well they had an offseason to model themselves on the 2009 version of Saints Footy.

...and instead of battlers and role players, the myth that the Pies didn't have the cattle was also busted in 2010.

We can all be bitter and jaded and say they won the premiership that should of belonged to St Kilda, however I'm a realist....Geelong won that one.

I tend to follow this line of thinking. I think the whole IP thing has become
a bit over played, every year assistant coaches from the top teams leave and go to lesser teams with minimal difference.

Not saying its irrelevant, its just with all the extra coaches and video replays and forward scouts, surely most teams would have a pretty good idea what the other teams are doing anyway??

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
stinger wrote:
samuraisaint wrote:Yes and no. The reason it went to a replay is the same reason that Geelong luckily got over us in 2009. They played all over us early, and due to luck, grand final nerves, relative inexperience, the door was left open for us, and like any good team, we opened that door. a bounce the other way or into Milne's hands, the flag may have been ours.
They beat us the next week for the simple reason that we ran out of fit players, and that's why when they got on top they were able to run away with it.
I bumped into Max the week leading up to the replay in a milk bar on Hampton St and he was very positive about the Saints, and hoped that the die hard St Kilda barrackers didn't think that he was disloyal, and that he would have preferred to have stayed at the club but he wasn't offered anything.
It was a great conversation and at the end of it when I said I couldn't wish him luck for the replay, he said "of course not, no way" and even asked if I had tickets for the game.
He is a true great St Kilda clubman and I don't think we should bagging him for losing a Grand Final, in which was, let's face it, a brilliant year for us on field, while shocking in many ways off it.
Welcome back MAX!
thank you for posting that..... 8-)
+1
+2

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!