The St Kilda Culture Wars

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:my take

I believe:
- Ross Lyon did a good job for most of his time but f***ed up prior to the 2010 final series and continued to f*** up throughout the rest of his tenur. [/b]His tactics in the replayed grand final were difficult to accept. , and he was not a clear upgrade from Grant Thomas. Far from it.
- Ross Lyon inherited a great list and turned it into a mediocre one by giving away high draft picks, neglecting talent and playing recycled role-players
- Since lyon's departure, the club is now moving in the right direction, and the move to Seaford is a reflection of that
- The club's core of senior players still have some very good football in front of them........

I was totally confused with everything Lyon did including everything Lyon said after 2010. I'd had enough of his penchant for role players, and the lack of development going forward for the next generation of players. 2011 was such a strange year for us. Lyon's mistakes were mounting and the club somehow had the good fortune that Freo wanted him. For that I am greatful to Ross. Thanks for f**king off and letting our club move forward

DWOODROW
Club Player

Scollop wrote:

I believe:
- Ross Lyon did a good job for most of his time but f***ed up prior to the 2010 final series and continued to f*** up throughout the rest of his tenur. [/b]His tactics in the replayed grand final were difficult to accept. , and he was not a clear upgrade from Grant Thomas. Far from it.
- Ross Lyon inherited a great list and turned it into a mediocre one by giving away high draft picks, neglecting talent and playing recycled role-players
- Since lyon's departure, the club is now moving in the right direction, and the move to Seaford is a reflection of that
- The club's core of senior players still have some very good football in front of them........

I was totally confused with everything Lyon did including everything Lyon said after 2010. I'd had enough of his penchant for role players, and the lack of development going forward for the next generation of players. 2011 was such a strange year for us. Lyon's mistakes were mounting and the club somehow had the good fortune that Freo wanted him. For that I am greatful to Ross. Thanks for f**king off and letting our club move forward

+1 to all. hahahha

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

DWOODROW wrote:
Scollop wrote:

I believe:

+1 to all. hahahha

The grass aint always greener.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

So your not allowed to comment with the benefit of hindsight?

You were either with him or against him?

One the biggest baffling decisions he made was one of his most recent, what on earth was with his lineup v Swans in the finals?

Yet I feel if I question that, it's too fresh and someone will feel the need to tell me I didn't question anything before then.

DWOODROW
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
DWOODROW wrote:
Scollop wrote:

I believe:

+1 to all. hahahha

Meaning ????????

DWOODROW
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
DWOODROW wrote:
Scollop wrote:

I believe:

+1 to all. hahahha

Regardless of what Lyon did with the Team I have never liked him since the first time I met him. That is my choice and my business. From what I have heard from all accounts coming out of St Kilda at the moment, there are a s*** tin more positives about the people there now then when Lyon was there.
Make of that what you will but I certainly know how I feel about the situation. I am actually looking forward to next season for the first time in a long time.
Last edited by DWOODROW on Thu 24 Nov 2011 4:04pm, edited 1 time in total.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote: I didnt know that because the players were tired they choked when kicking for goal because it seems to me that was the reason we lost and not because players were mentally fatigued.
Is it that simple?

Why then did we just scrape through and how did the Dogs get so close when we beat them convincingly on two occasions during home and away?
How many times has a player or a coach or a commentator said that you can't blame one or two isolated misses on the outcome of the game? If it's a team effort and the whole team plays a part, then the whole team is to blame. Could we say that we didn't deserve to be in the 2009 GF and were lucky because in the pre-lim Gia missed a goal that could've buried us? No definitely not!! We had a great year didn't we?! Everyone thought we'd be a shoe in for the pre-lim, but yes some of the players may have been fatigued.

The selection of team and the planning behind how said team is put together squarely sits with the coach. How many games each player needs leading up to finals, and who needs a rest leading up to finals, that also rests with the head coach. If your game plan is too heavily focussed on defense and restricting the opposition, you may also be 'choking' the aggression and attacking nature of the football players in the team who just love getting out there and kicking goals.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote:
plugger66 wrote: I didnt know that because the players were tired they choked when kicking for goal because it seems to me that was the reason we lost and not because players were mentally fatigued.
Is it that simple?

Why then did we just scrape through and how did the Dogs get so close when we beat them convincingly on two occasions during home and away?
How many times has a player or a coach or a commentator said that you can't blame one or two isolated misses on the outcome of the game? If it's a team effort and the whole team plays a part, then the whole team is to blame. Could we say that we didn't deserve to be in the 2009 GF and were lucky because in the pre-lim Gia missed a goal that could've buried us? No definitely not!! We had a great year didn't we?! Everyone thought we'd be a shoe in for the pre-lim, but yes some of the players may have been fatigued.

The selection of team and the planning behind how said team is put together squarely sits with the coach. How many games each player needs leading up to finals, and who needs a rest leading up to finals, that also rests with the head coach. If your game plan is too heavily focussed on defense and restricting the opposition, you may also be 'choking' the aggression and attacking nature of the football players in the team who just love getting out there and kicking goals.
Didnt most of the players have a bye in round 18? Just as simple to blame mental fatigue when you have no knowledge if that is right. It is 100% right though that we kicked badly in the GF.

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Scollop wrote:
Is it that simple?

Didnt most of the players have a bye in round 18? Just as simple to blame mental fatigue when you have no knowledge if that is right. It is 100% right though that we kicked badly in the GF.
It was Round 19 but otherwise +1

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
stinger
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:So your not allowed to comment with the benefit of hindsight?

You were either with him or against him?

One the biggest baffling decisions he made was one of his most recent, what on earth was with his lineup v Swans in the finals?

Yet I feel if I question that, it's too fresh and someone will feel the need to tell me I didn't question anything before then.
he was already committed to freo and wanted us to bow out of the finals in week one....???/ :evil:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

DWOODROW wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
DWOODROW wrote:
Scollop wrote:

I believe:

+1 to all. hahahha

Regardless of what Lyon did with the Team I have never liked him since the first time I met him. That is my choice and my business. From what I have heard from all accounts coming out of St Kilda at the moment, there are a s*** tin more positives about the people there now then when Lyon was there.
Make of that what you will but I certainly know how I feel about the situation. I am actually looking forward to next season for the first time in a long time.
i was interested to read that.....thanks mate...

DWOODROW
Club Player

No worries.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

i was bleating on about an A and a B side back then.

.... obviously , it's where we are heading ... so , lets get with the program before the other nuffies lead us there.

it's not hard.

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.