The most Depressing game in the world

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

With all due respect Border Barry - they monstered us in the first week of finals and a week or so before the finals as well. they then went on to monster us again in 1 of the following season.

And as for the Port final - well, I think that was bit like the 2009 Grannie to be honest. We were by far the better team early on, then due to a few things they kept up with us. GT needed somebody to shut Wanganeen down for a start. He was held for three quarters, but the writing was on the wall early in the last that he was going to turn it on. That, I believe, more than the umpiring and Guerra's inability to kick both sides of his body, was what killed us.

Port beat Brisbane in the Grannie because they had been the top side during the home and aways for three straight years and wanted it more than Brisbane. Port also had vastly more mature bodies than we had at that time across all lines.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

I don't think I'm biased (many ppl say we were a shoe in 05 if we beat WCE but I always thought WCE would have our measure)... I thought we could have taken Brisbane in a rematch 04 if we got there

they were injury riddled and falling apart... doubt they would have done that 2 us again

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

55 - Sam Fisher

17 - Sam Gilbert
33 - Andrew Swallow. Yes don't know how he lasted till DP 44, could have gone in 2004 as a bottom ager. One of the best steals ever

Wouldn't take Josh Hill for any DP. After DP 59, there was Jesse White, Sam Sheldon, then the Rookie draft, Sam Jacobs, Michael Jamieson, and Tom Lonergan :shock: All better than Hill IMO

Hold your ground :shock: