Cripps to the backline

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

I saw Aaron fiora take two of the more courageous make I have witnessed....one at Casey, one for STk.... But he did pick and choose, and was a bit lazy....but he did play 130+ AFL games.....cripps is yet to do that....fiora had more skill than cripps on evidence...

I must say I did see cripps have a mare vs frankston and have only seen afl snippets....but his kicking was wonky, he pulled out and he got injured from a tackle....

May have just been a shocker, but 'pulling out' is not a good thing and putting your head over the ball is hopefully instinctive....

He is young....can definitely improve, won't do it quickly if he is continually in the rehab group....where he spent a lot of his first 15 months.....

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

saintly wrote:
White Winmar wrote:It wouldn't surprise if Saad was given a defensive role. Pace and good footskills. May be used in a Leon Davis type role. That's if he's good enough and that is still a substantial if.
maybe if Lyon was coach. what have another forward, nup, lets send him to the backline lol lol!!
If Lyon was still coach, Saad would be turned into a defensive robot, with all signs of initiative and flair knocked out of him. I feel Watters might have bigger plans for him. A quick, hard running, creative type, with good kicking skills, who can also take on the opposition small forwards, is what we have lacked. Just a thought.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
saintly
Saintsational Legend

stkildathunda wrote:
chook23 wrote:True Dr. S

but that herald sun article sh.ts me

One moment mentions tear...............then minor strain

typical article by HS .....crap
I asked them on twitter and they said it was reported as "slight tear". They've clarified the story now.....

Must say they are bit late on reporting this though as it was back on December 9th it first came to light...
did you ask them why they are writing about it now instead of three weeks ago?

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

saintly wrote:
stkildathunda wrote:

I asked them on twitter and they said it was reported as "slight tear". They've clarified the story now.....

Must say they are bit late on reporting this though as it was back on December 9th it first came to light...
The HS and other mainstream media are notoriously inaccurate and unreliable in their reporting on AFL and sport in general. If you rely on them you are simply a fool!

I like to consider myself a bit more intelligent than that so I only take notice of what is reported by SportsNewsFirst 8-)

:sarcasm:

Middo
Club Player

BigMart wrote:I saw Aaron fiora take two of the more courageous make I have witnessed....one at Casey, one for STk.... But he did pick and choose, and was a bit lazy....but he did play 130+ AFL games.....cripps is yet to do that....fiora had more skill than cripps on evidence...

I must say I did see cripps have a mare vs frankston and have only seen afl snippets....but his kicking was wonky, he pulled out and he got injured from a tackle....

May have just been a shocker, but 'pulling out' is not a good thing and putting your head over the ball is hopefully instinctive....

He is young....can definitely improve, won't do it quickly if he is continually in the rehab group....where he spent a lot of his first 15 months.....
Reckon your being a little harsh on a young bloke , but thats what this forum is for to have your say ...hopefully he gets match fit and be ready to go from round one.

Jack Newnes happy to be a Saint !!!! PS and to hit a target !!!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:I saw Aaron fiora take two of the more courageous make I have witnessed....one at Casey, one for STk.... But he did pick and choose, and was a bit lazy....but he did play 130+ AFL games.....cripps is yet to do that....fiora had more skill than cripps on evidence...

I saw Josh Hunt pull out once and I reckon his career is going ok. Maybe he just lost where he was at. It can happen especially to young players. Very harsh but i do agree his kicking needs work. It will come hopefully.

stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

saintly wrote:
stkildathunda wrote:

They only wrote about it because a country newspaper got an interview with Cripps. The Scum had nothing new in their article, just copied what had already been said. Just changed a few words and gave it a bad heading...

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:It wouldn't surprise if Saad was given a defensive role. Pace and good footskills. May be used in a Leon Davis type role. That's if he's good enough and that is still a substantial if.
good "footskill"

has NO left

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Only reason Lenny Hayes ever pulled out was as a form of contraception....confronted by big arch on his first game....never shirked...

I hope the short steps I witnessed were an abbhoration due to lack of confidence, not lack of courage

The Linton Street Flash
Club Player

the linton street flash

Ah the optimism - Hall to fullback I say! :D

Look again it's the Flash!!