Zac to the rescue

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Re: Zac to the rescue

Did I like Lyon when he was coaching us? Absolutely.

Do I like Lyon now he's coaching Freo? Absolutely not.

So sue me :P

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
millarsaint wrote:"...but at the end of the day you act your way in, act your way out."

same old s*** coming out of Lyon

Yep the stuff nearly everyone said was great for the last 5 years.
yeah...great stuff...didn't win us anything as i look back at the Lyin era

the doctor of spin....

Lyon...the Fremantle Doctor...
Brought a level of profesionalism to the club that was lacking. Brought a hard edge to our players and almost got us the Premiership. A wonderful coach who will be missed. Also Who is "Lyin". Honestly are you 5?

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Ross was a good fit and as unlucky not to be a premiership coach as he was with his investments. He had his time and it seems like it worked for every one. He is inheriting a very good list and the only thing that stopped them last year was an unbelievable injury list. It looked like the East Fremantle WAFL team at times. If he has a good run with getting players on he park he will just have to sit back and watch.

Zac also is a decent player who gets castrated compared with some non performers in less visible roles, he served us well and I hope he has a terrible career at Freo. I think he suffers from a form of racism which stems from the fact that he has ginger hair. Most non freaks find red heads the last bastion for their latent bigotry. Just try to tell me you don't hate Ling more than Bartell. See.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
plugger66 wrote: Yep that was the only reason he played well in finals.
no one knows if it was Zac who made our defence or our defence who made Zac .. He had a good finals with us and on the whole he gave us good service in his time at the saints but the past is the past and so far Zac hasn't shown anything at freo as yet to suggest he is going to be a big help for them ... I'm no expert but it kinda reminded me of when Trent Croad was a docker decent enough player but not really giving his all for the team ... But it's still very early time will tell
You've got to be kidding?

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

gringo wrote:Zac also is a decent player who gets castrated... See.
Ouch! Treated like that, no wonder he left the club. Painful. :oops:

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
The Redeemer
SS Life Member

SainterK wrote:Yeah they haven't had the best preseason.

Ross is still talking finals though.

"It's really simple - premierships and finals appearances are created over summer. And you've got to do the work to give yourself the best chance,'' Lyon said.
Im impartial to Ross and am interested to see how he goes at Fremantle however what in gods green earth would he know about premierships?

He conducts himself like an elder scholar of the game with multiple flags as a player and coach and been involved in several rebuilds and high-profile poachings.

Just bizarre.

Little Dozer
Club Player
Location: Forward Pocket, Outer side, Linton Street end or bay 38 Waverley

People are really still talking about Zac 'Spud' Dawson? He has the football brain of an infant, the skill of a child and the strength of a teenager. The results of this clown at the Shockers will be hilarious...Not long to wait now...

Are we waiting for a saviour?
I'm so sick of waiting!
I've been waiting my whole life!
This is a new day!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Little Dozer wrote:People are really still talking about Zac 'Spud' Dawson? He has the football brain of an infant, the skill of a child and the strength of a teenager. The results of this clown at the Shockers will be hilarious...Not long to wait now...

I suppose if the cap fits.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Little Dozer wrote:People are really still talking about Zac 'Spud' Dawson? He has the football brain of an infant, the skill of a child and the strength of a teenager. The results of this clown at the Shockers will be hilarious...Not long to wait now...

I suppose if the cap fits.
Thought Zac went because he didn't fit the cap :lol:

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:Did I like Lyon when he was coaching us? Absolutely.

Got your subpoena yet? :D

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

The Redeemer wrote:

"It's really simple - premierships and finals appearances are created over summer. And you've got to do the work to give yourself the best chance,'' Lyon said.
Im impartial to Ross and am interested to see how he goes at Fremantle however what in gods green earth would he know about premierships?

He conducts himself like an elder scholar of the game with multiple flags as a player and coach and been involved in several rebuilds and high-profile poachings.

Just bizarre.
That there, is a point well made.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
The Redeemer wrote:

Just bizarre.
That there, is a point well made.

I reckon he sounds the same as last year when most people here thought he was great.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Probably better to compare his speak now to 2007, I can't remember if he was talking about how premierships are won back then tbh.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Probably better to compare his speak now to 2007, I can't remember if he was talking about how premierships are won back then tbh.

Well it would be if it was his first year coaching but it is now his 6th.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

vacuous space wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:no one knows if it was Zac who made our defence or our defence who made Zac
Over the three years Zac was here, no team allowed less points than us. I think you'd be crazy to give him all of the credit, but you'd be equally crazy to give him none. He fit the system well and he's walking into the exact same system. The only players I remember kicking four or more goals on him were Cloke, Frankin, Petrie and Jack Riewoldt. It's not like they beat him every time either and those are some quality forwards.
Why does everyone talk about the fact that he didn't have many bags kicked against him. The fact is that footy is a team sport and he leaked many goals to his teammates opponents because they had to try to account for Zac's many errors. He is and has always been a dud.

Beau Wilkes at least has a physical presence, something Zac has never had.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:Did I like Lyon when he was coaching us? Absolutely.

I'm the exact opposite. :P

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
vacuous space wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:no one knows if it was Zac who made our defence or our defence who made Zac
Over the three years Zac was here, no team allowed less points than us. I think you'd be crazy to give him all of the credit, but you'd be equally crazy to give him none. He fit the system well and he's walking into the exact same system. The only players I remember kicking four or more goals on him were Cloke, Frankin, Petrie and Jack Riewoldt. It's not like they beat him every time either and those are some quality forwards.
Why does everyone talk about the fact that he didn't have many bags kicked against him. The fact is that footy is a team sport and he leaked many goals to his teammates opponents because they had to try to account for Zac's many errors. He is and has always been a dud.

Beau Wilkes at least has a physical presence, something Zac has never had.
Because we've seen so much of how Beau uses his strength to compete. I'm hoping we get a gun and Dawson is a flop but it's a little early to call it.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

The issue is not whether or not Zac is a great full back.

It's not whether he's as good as, or better than, Scarlett or Glass.

It's not whether he's as good as, or better than, Frawley, Howell or Murray.

It's simply a matter of whether he's better than whoever plays full back for us this year and beyond.

And the fact is we just don't know - though we shortly will.

Wrote for Luck
Club Player

to say Zac was held-up by our other defenders is a little insulting to everyone at the club - most likely fact is that Zac did his job and did what he was told

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Zac had his good points. Zac had his bad points. To say he was a complete dud isn't how I remember him at all becuase he played his role quite well most of the time and most times held his opponent.

Having said that, bagging him now is fairly normal. Most supporters of all teams bag former players and it comes with the territory. It's just a bit of fun.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Too true Pav. Its all fun and the majority of us are one-eyed and biased Saints supporters - on a Saints fan forum. We shouldn't be constantly challenged by our own for hating the opossition teams and players and players that left the mighty Saints for another club. Stuff Ross and Zac. And luke Ball as well!

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:Too true Pav. Its all fun and the majority of us are one-eyed and biased Saints supporters - on a Saints fan forum. We shouldn't be constantly challenged by our own for hating the opossition teams and players and players that left the mighty Saints for another club. Stuff Ross and Zac. And luke Ball as well!
+1.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:Zac had his good points. Zac had his bad points. To say he was a complete dud isn't how I remember him at all becuase he played his role quite well most of the time and most times held his opponent.

Having said that, bagging him now is fairly normal. Most supporters of all teams bag former players and it comes with the territory. It's just a bit of fun.
I've been bagging him since he played for Hawthorn. He's the most overrated player in the comp.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
SaintPav wrote:Zac had his good points. Zac had his bad points. To say he was a complete dud isn't how I remember him at all becuase he played his role quite well most of the time and most times held his opponent.

I've been bagging him since he played for Hawthorn. He's the most overrated player in the comp.

What about Kosi. Love people bagging our own regulars.

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

Bernard Shakey wrote:

Amen.

It is similar to Jonathan Brown's three flags early in his career. A 90 year old grandmother could have played in that forward line and kicked goals yet he is paraded and discussed as a modern marvel/legend/sniper.

Zac should get help from McPharlin, Silvagni and Grover however the quality of the latter two are debatable...