Steven & Armitage

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Re: Steven & Armitage

DWOODROW wrote:
Old Mate wrote:Fair call sticking up for your bro. I might be harsh at times on Armo but that's because I expect a lot more from him. I know he can do more. We see glimpses. Agree Lyon playing him as a defensive forward was not ideal.
I have no dramas with what anyone says about him. I make some pretty harsh comments about him to and his football.

Just don't see how this thread can be of any use before a game is played this season.

I make no apology for coming across as 'SOOKY' as plugger puts it or pissed off as I put it.

Fair call I'm thinking the same thing. We need to win a game of something before they start eating their children. Lighten up they haven't played yet guys. I have no problem with criticism if it's deserved but bagging players because you've had a bad day or feel they haven't met your expectations of what they should achieve is a bit rough. Steven and Armo aren't the ones I'm most concerned with. Guys like Gram and Ray have been sent out to Sandy instead of being at VISY, you would hope those guys will be fighting like hell to keep the young guys out.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Nah Gringo.

Gram has done a hamstring.

Faz, no idea what's up there.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Nah Gringo.

So much for our injury free preseason and is Raph injured? I though Gwilt was our only injury concern.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:

So much for our injury free preseason and is Raph injured? I though Gwilt was our only injury concern.
Raph was injured, but recovered and played for Sandy I believe....more about match fitness now I think?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
gringo wrote:

Raph was injured, but recovered and played for Sandy I believe....more about match fitness now I think?

No Raph last week. Hopefully next week in round one of the VFL.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

DWOODROW wrote:Well The first line won't be true,

the second line is a possiblity

the 3rd line is true

You started this thread which doesnt really make much sense because they both played in the same team together last year in different positions.

It was meant as a joke but now I really don't care who says what.

There are a number of other players including senior players who have done f*** all in the Nab cup. What of it.

Dave wouldn't be in my starting team in round 1 on his NAB cup performances. Neither would steven and many others, so what.

You've started a thread asking what people think, I made a comment that while I was sitting her writing it was meant as a joke. I don't really give two f**** what you or your mate plugger think. I'm the one that f****** wrote it.

After round 3 - 5 I will make a judment then. So really this is a bulls*** thread isn't it.

I knew it was coming but thought it would have at least been started in the season proper.

You really are a sook. Rubbishing what you wrote, rubbishing other posters, now rubbishing the merits of the thread...

What's worse is that you make no logical sense in what you write. You don't care, you do care, you make jokes, then take them back, then post trues, then take those back... Then sook again and say you don't care.

Fact is I've watched them both except in Wang. Both have been quiet. That was the only link... Not sure why you insinuated any other links between the two. Maybe I should have made two separate threads asking why each was quiet, or better yet if other posters also thought they had been quiet. Which is what I did in one thread.

Didn't bag either one.

But if you can't handle a serious thread I suggest you don't open it. I value your contribution, but not a highly emotive whinging one which is what you have provided here.

Cue another sooky illogical response.

DWOODROW
Club Player

Spinner wrote:
DWOODROW wrote:Well The first line won't be true,

the second line is a possiblity

the 3rd line is true

You started this thread which doesnt really make much sense because they both played in the same team together last year in different positions.

It was meant as a joke but now I really don't care who says what.

There are a number of other players including senior players who have done f*** all in the Nab cup. What of it.

Dave wouldn't be in my starting team in round 1 on his NAB cup performances. Neither would steven and many others, so what.

You've started a thread asking what people think, I made a comment that while I was sitting her writing it was meant as a joke. I don't really give two f**** what you or your mate plugger think. I'm the one that f****** wrote it.

After round 3 - 5 I will make a judment then. So really this is a bulls*** thread isn't it.

I knew it was coming but thought it would have at least been started in the season proper.

You really are a sook. Rubbishing what you wrote, rubbishing other posters, now rubbishing the merits of the thread...

What's worse is that you make no logical sense in what you write. You don't care, you do care, you make jokes, then take them back, then post trues, then take those back... Then sook again and say you don't care.

Fact is I've watched them both except in Wang. Both have been quiet. That was the only link... Not sure why you insinuated any other links between the two. Maybe I should have made two separate threads asking why each was quiet, or better yet if other posters also thought they had been quiet. Which is what I did in one thread.

Didn't bag either one.

But if you can't handle a serious thread I suggest you don't open it. I value your contribution, but not a highly emotive whinging one which is what you have provided here.

Cue another sooky illogical response.

So I can ask why Goddard, Dal Santo, Roo, and the rest have been quit also.

Its Nab cup for f*** sake. Who gives a s*** why they have been quite.

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Goddard, Dal Santo, Roo are all proven Footballers. Armo is a footballer who hasnt quite made his mark. Will he?, i have my doubts.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
elizabethr
Club Player

clarky449 wrote:Goddard, Dal Santo, Roo are all proven Footballers. Armo is a footballer who hasnt quite made his mark. Will he?, i have my doubts.
Maybe not but he will certainly play many more matches of AFL than Jack Steven.
there are a handful of feral supportters on here led by Meher Baba who love to partake in a spot of Armo bashing when the opportunity arises but have only praise for the other one.
Steven returned from the off-season in dreadful shape but continues to fly under the radar!!
:roll: :shock:

nothing to say
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Everyone should ease up on DWOODROW. He's from Townsville.

Sobraz
SS Life Member

elizabethr wrote:
clarky449 wrote:Goddard, Dal Santo, Roo are all proven Footballers. Armo is a footballer who hasnt quite made his mark. Will he?, i have my doubts.
Maybe not but he will certainly play many more matches of AFL than Jack Steven.
there are a handful of feral supportters on here led by Meher Baba who love to partake in a spot of Armo bashing when the opportunity arises but have only praise for the other one.
Steven returned from the off-season in dreadful shape but continues to fly under the radar!!
:roll: :shock:
A truly bizarre post.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

It's a bit hard for any player when the whole team's playing rather poorly.

Anyway I'm happy to just wait and see how the season pans out.

BTW, I must be the only one who reckons Armo went alright in Rd 1 vs Sydney  :?

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:Everyone should ease up on DWOODROW. He's from Townsville.
Exactly! Cowboys Country! Dont mess with him!

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:BTW, I must be the only one who reckons Armo went alright in Rd 1 vs Sydney  :?
No, I was with you on that one.

elizabethr
Club Player

SainterK wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:BTW, I must be the only one who reckons Armo went alright in Rd 1 vs Sydney  :?
No, I was with you on that one.
Was outstanding with clearance work against Geelong also.

nothing to say
St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Dr Spaceman wrote:It's a bit hard for any player when the whole team's playing rather poorly.

Anyway I'm happy to just wait and see how the season pans out.

BTW, I must be the only one who reckons Armo went alright in Rd 1 vs Sydney  :?
Logical, level headed posts surely have no place here Doc!

Armo and Jack should become our answer to Redrock at the Lions. New coach, new season, Lenny is back we have no excuses now I for one would be bloody excited if I was one of these two blokes...

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
spert
Saintsational Legend

I hope they do well this season, I would play Armo exclusively on a HFF, but jeez I would like to send them both to a sprinting coach and get those legs running better.

DWOODROW
Club Player

Don't ease up at all.

We do things differtently up here.

Less talking.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

DWOODROW wrote:
Don't ease up at all.

Less talking.
more boozing! more fishin!

lefty
Club Player

People on here think there experts before the season has even begun. He played all but one game last year and did great.

I wouldn't worry about it DWOODROW

Armo will be fine, and has a FAR better kick than Stevens (which gets annoying)

Its usually the same people posting who have the same comments/single sided and once they form a view, thats it. Maybe they think we can re-draft McQualter to play a midfield in and under role like armo :P

Go saints :P

P.S - I'm worried about the Port game first up, rather have played Essendon and got the loss over and done with. Port is a danger game at the start of the season.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

DWOODROW wrote:
Don't ease up at all

Less talking.
Mining or Defence?

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
DWOODROW wrote:
Don't ease up at all

Less talking.
Mining or Defence?

I thought it was incarceration?

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Seriously though if someone bagged my brother I wouldn't be able to hold back and wouldn't front up on here again. Keep it up it's a good moderator and reminds people that relatives and probably even players get on here and read this crap. You would want a f%$#ing thick skin. I noticed Attilla doesn't post much any more which is a shame because relatives will most likely provide more interesting stuff than keyboard cowboys any day.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Nobody really needs to bag anyone.

Constructive criticism, listing a players faults, not agreeing with selection...that's different.

DWOODROW
Club Player

Incarceration is correct gringo.

I over anylise things a litttle too much and tend to start throwing first instead of taking my time to let things sink in. A quick temper.

Will stick up for dave always but I do need to pull it in a bit. Thought I was getting better but I was wrong.