He was right

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

sainterinsydney
Club Player

Re: He was right

Well, considering all the Grand Finals and Prelim Finals we lost, maybe it is a good thing that era is over, and a new, more successful era has begun.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Did Rossy come up with this term himself? I don't think so...He's not creative enough. I think like most of his footy philosophy it was copied from something he heard or saw... at the Swans.

In every form of print and electronic media before the finals of 2009 they were uttering these words; "End of an era." This was the phrase used for the retiring greats at the Swans - Leo Barry, Mick O'Loughlin, and also the human blanket Jared Crouch. We all know that fans and most people are followers. What ever a leader tells them they lap up....either that or they read the Herald Sun... LOL

It's a coaches job to communicate to the members and followers where he thinks the team is going in terms of its prospects for success. The soft fans and those with a negative outlook like their messiah Ross Lyon, would have you believe that young players coming into the team cannot improve the side. I've said it before and I'll say it again - the guy is a bad judge of character. Why wouldn't you bring young players into the side when they have some of the best rolemodels to learn from. That's why the youth at West Coast, Carlton, Hawthorn and at the Cats have excelled. Lost opportunities abound when it comes to the Ross Lyon era at St Kilda. Why would'nt we be able to have another finals campaign deep into September when we still have a lot of the core group at the club. Ross would have you believe that Lenny was never going to play good football again; that Rooy was finished, that Kozzi is finished, that Dal and Joey and Chips and BJ can't maintain their output.

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

No,
just couldn't recruit any more defensive forwards.
all Pelchen's fault

Riewoldt and Goddard to live up to their reputations ,Clarke and Ray to defy theirs in 2012!