Tom Simpkin

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Toy Saint
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Tom Simpkin

Zac who?

oh when the
Club Player

reminds me of Bob Murray good solid worker each week

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

It's just great to see how well he is playing - composure well beyond his years. I am pleased to be able to say Zac whooooo ?

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Little Dozer wrote:Is head and shoulders better than Spud Dawson. Looks a real player.

Completely different. Simpkin will always struggle against players like Cloke or West Coasts tall but he definetely adds something in the way he takes the game on rather than the purely negating style of Dawson. It would still be handy to have a gorilla beater on the list somewhere, we seem to have a lot of similar sized mobile mark and run type defenders -Gwilt, Fisher, Clarke, Dempster even Gilbert all play a similar style and none apart from Gilbert are really that tall. I wish Gilbert could contest one on one it would solve some serious deficiencies. We were lucky they didn't have Goodes and Mumford last night.

kaos theory
Club Player

gringo wrote:
Little Dozer wrote:Is head and shoulders better than Spud Dawson. Looks a real player.

Completely different. Simpkin will always struggle against players like Cloke or West Coasts tall but he definetely adds something in the way he takes the game on rather than the purely negating style of Dawson. It would still be handy to have a gorilla beater on the list somewhere, we seem to have a lot of similar sized mobile mark and run type defenders -Gwilt, Fisher, Clarke, Dempster even Gilbert all play a similar style and none apart from Gilbert are really that tall. I wish Gilbert could contest one on one it would solve some serious deficiencies. We were lucky they didn't have Goodes and Mumford last night.
Well, to a point....but their lucky we didn't have fisher and stanley or mcenvoy last night

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Really good player

3 excellent seasons at Sandy,improving every year.... In round 1 vs Box Hill he was impassable, and Flogged opponents including Roughead. It showed he was clearly past VFL level. Has worked his way into AFL and is more than competitive, which should not surprise.
Still wish he was 193-196 and a bit stronger.... He will get pushed aside one on one by huge men with Talent. He is easily our best option at FB

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

What Hawthorn would give for Tom Simpkin... In fact most sides would... Competitive and tireless ... Love watching him play...

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
The Redeemer
SS Life Member

saintly wrote:
Teflon wrote:Kid blows me away. Looks to have been playing 8 yrs. I wonder what influence Hudgton has had helping him transition to the big league.....but he has the attributes.

Throw in Fisher, Gwilt down there and its formidable...

who goes out for Fisher?
Really unsure. Gilbert stays because he can be really damaging on the rebound/offensive and he seems to be getting a little more confident week by week.

saint6709
Club Player

I'm on the band wagon - looks the goods - is exactly same height and weight as Scarlett - shows poise and just looks tougher each week -last week he laid a big hip and shoulder on Nic Nat then later on big Q - both of who are built like brick sh*thouses - big smother last night --- never looks fazed -

defacto
Club Player

he just needs to build his endurance and tank. he can be a carravan at times, but hes developing very nicely