Gram

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Re: Gram

BigMart wrote:Why have three coaches picked this lazy bastard week in week out??

He's played 150+ not bad for a softcock!
bloody good footballer..and a true saints supporter...wish i had had half his ability.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

There was a Jason Gram thread started after the game against Richmond that went on for about 11 pages so we don't need another "look at me, I want to flame a bloke thread"....piss weak and gutless...

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=76039&hilit=jason+gram

BTW, love some of this half arsed commentray about players efforts. If you want to make comments about players being soft and not having a go, sit on the boundry line and watch from there becuase you can't always tell on the telly what is happening...

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:BTW, love some of this half arsed commentray about players efforts. If you want to make comments about players being soft and not having a go, sit on the boundry line and watch from there becuase you can't always tell on the telly what is happening...
Gram's half-arsed efforts look far worse live than they do on TV. He is an excellent accumulator and reads the play well but there's no defending his poor intensity. It's always been an issue but in the past his positives (pace, long damaging kicking) made up for the negatives. Now he's slowed down considerably, his kicking is nowhere near as effective as it used to be and modern AFL footy demands better pressure. Like his predecessor Aussie Jones (who I loved as a player), he's a one-dimensional outside runner with a poorly rounded game. Aussie got away with being ordinary defensively and having no inside game in the past just like Gehrig got away with standing in the goalsquare and only ever moving to make a lead. That's not going to happen in modern footy and Gram costs the team with his poor effort in contests that would have been the norm for outside runners in 2004, but not acceptable in 2012.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

mad saint guy wrote:
SaintPav wrote:BTW, love some of this half arsed commentray about players efforts. If you want to make comments about players being soft and not having a go, sit on the boundry line and watch from there becuase you can't always tell on the telly what is happening...
Gram's half-arsed efforts look far worse live than they do on TV. He is an excellent accumulator and reads the play well but there's no defending his poor intensity. It's always been an issue but in the past his positives (pace, long damaging kicking) made up for the negatives. Now he's slowed down considerably, his kicking is nowhere near as effective as it used to be and modern AFL footy demands better pressure. Like his predecessor Aussie Jones (who I loved as a player), he's a one-dimensional outside runner with a poorly rounded game. Aussie got away with being ordinary defensively and having no inside game in the past just like Gehrig got away with standing in the goalsquare and only ever moving to make a lead. That's not going to happen in modern footy and Gram costs the team with his poor effort in contests that would have been the norm for outside runners in 2004, but not acceptable in 2012.

So why do all the coaches play him? Do you know more than them or is he just lucky?

HitTheBoundary
SS Hall of Fame

We lost.......
and there's a thread bagging Gram, and another one bagging Raph.

Normal SS programming has been resumed. :shock:

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

Yes Gram's stats and his run and carry are okay - I thought he was good last week and fair last night - should go harder at some contests, but he is what he is.

The coaches keep selecting him and now there is even more depth if they wanted to tip him out.....

Hold your ground :shock:
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
mad saint guy wrote:

So why do all the coaches play him? Do you know more than them or is he just lucky?

Andrew McQualter played the entire 2010 season minus 1 game I think

Of the 20+ games he had about 3 good ones. The decision was defended when we were winning and in 2011 when the results weren't going our away... he was turned on by fans and the coaches alike very quickly despite little change to his actual performance.

The point is that coaches have their views, strategies, ideas for perseverence etc and get paid to make those decisions. Most of the time we don't understand the strategy but that doesn't mean they're always right or that as fans it's stupid of us to question them

vacuous space
SS Life Member

skeptic wrote:Andrew McQualter played the entire 2010 season minus 1 game I think
Well that pretty much settles it. Gram must be delisted.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

vacuous space wrote:
skeptic wrote:Andrew McQualter played the entire 2010 season minus 1 game I think
Well that pretty much settles it. Gram must be delisted.
well we tried trading and got no interest............

“Yeah….nah””
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
mad saint guy wrote:

Andrew McQualter played the entire 2010 season minus 1 game I think

Of the 20+ games he had about 3 good ones. The decision was defended when we were winning and in 2011 when the results weren't going our away... he was turned on by fans and the coaches alike very quickly despite little change to his actual performance.

The point is that coaches have their views, strategies, ideas for perseverence etc and get paid to make those decisions. Most of the time we don't understand the strategy but that doesn't mean they're always right or that as fans it's stupid of us to question them

Firstly that was one coach and not 3 and secondly they as you said know things that we dont have a clue about. Doent mean they are right but with knowldege probably more righter than guys on here with little or no knowledge. Have no ide who said fans were stupid for questioning it. Did you dream that?

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

no, like many others, I've had to endure your constant "the coaches have more info so we shouldn't comment line" on a fan forum.

Annoying isn't it

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

Bang for buck...! :idea:

I had been assuming Grammy was on ~$400K following his heroics in the (in?)famous 2009 GF. I am now hearing that it's $600K per year. :shock: That's getting up into a pretty rarified stratosphere...

Can people confirm/ deny/ confuse these figures??? Ta.

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
The Jeff
Club Player

Dave McNamara wrote:Bang for buck...! :idea:

I had been assuming Grammy was on ~$400K following his heroics in the (in?)famous 2009 GF. I am now hearing that it's $600K per year. :shock: That's getting up into a pretty rarified stratosphere...

I just threw up in my mouth.

I hope you're wrong.

FQF
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:no, like many others, I've had to endure your constant "the coaches have more info so we shouldn't comment line" on a fan forum.

Annoying isn't it

No what is annoying is people who dont have a clue. Do you get that when you look in the mirror?

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Our stars are aging and winding down so mindless threads like this will appear on a regular basis..Déjà vu.

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:Our stars are aging and winding down so mindless threads like this will appear on a regular basis..Déjà vu.
Not just the stars, our hacks are aging too !
It's Déjà vu all over again. And again.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote:
The Fireman wrote:Our stars are aging and winding down so mindless threads like this will appear on a regular basis..Déjà vu.
John Fogarty?

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:
satchmo wrote:
John Fogarty?

You promised that you wouldn't identify me on a public forum!

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
defacto
Club Player

600k is the number i have heard as well. no wonder watter is trying everything he can to get 100% out of him.

thank god we are past the worst with our salary cap

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:no, like many others, I've had to endure your constant "the coaches have more info so we shouldn't comment line" on a fan forum.

Annoying isn't it
The ignore function makes this site so much better

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

defacto wrote:

600k is the number i have heard as well. no wonder watter is trying everything he can to get 100% out of him.

who in their right mind would sign Jason Gram to 600k? you have got to be joking.

Heard Brian Cook on radio when Ablett departed denoting the salaries of the Bartels of the world were round 450k with so many accepting less to stay.......

Bartel V Gram.........theres a laugh..

“Yeah….nah””
bergsone
SS Life Member

Teflon wrote:
defacto wrote:

who in their right mind would sign Jason Gram to 600k? you have got to be joking.

Heard Brian Cook on radio when Ablett departed denoting the salaries of the Bartels of the world were round 450k with so many accepting less to stay.......

Bartel V Gram.........theres a laugh..
Really that cannot be right,600 surely not :roll:

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Firstly that was one coach and not 3 and secondly they as you said know things that we dont have a clue about. Doent mean they are right but with knowldege probably more righter than guys on here with little or no knowledge. Have no ide who said fans were stupid for questioning it. Did you dream that?
lol no one said it was a direct comparison

the point is that there is a strategy there that we don't completely understand

just because we don't completely understand it doesn't mean that the decision is any more correct or incorrect

the bottom line there is no right answer, it's all opinion and perception

you can continue voicing your opinion and ridiculing everyone else for having one "without the facts" on a fan forum

gringo
Saintsational Legend

I heard Grammy gets a trillion a year and he eats babies

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Firstly that was one coach and not 3 and secondly they as you said know things that we dont have a clue about. Doent mean they are right but with knowldege probably more righter than guys on here with little or no knowledge. Have no ide who said fans were stupid for questioning it. Did you dream that?
lol no one said it was a direct comparison

the point is that there is a strategy there that we don't completely understand

just because we don't completely understand it doesn't mean that the decision is any more correct or incorrect

the bottom line there is no right answer, it's all opinion and perception

you can continue voicing your opinion and ridiculing everyone else for having one "without the facts" on a fan forum

No I only ridicule, as you call it, people who have no idea and that is proven IMO because Gram gets picked every week by 3 different coaches.