Can anyone explain these ??

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Re: Can anyone explain these ??

Thanks to those who replied and gave some insight.... Appreciated

I look back and wonder why.... And surely there was a reason I dont know that we oofloaded a player......And some question may have been answered....

Those usual F*** wits that offered nothing but a typical cheap shot from 'over the fence' that was pretty much expected. One thing that is predictable on this forum is a gutless swipe from some weak as piss apologists...that much I do know.

But, carry on regardless

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

8856brother wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:Craven was a dwarf.

162cm would you believe!

About 10th shorter than the current minimum height.

Unbelievable that he could play AFL being so tiny!
Did we ever look at any of his 6 brothers? Dopey, I believe, could have been anything :shock:
We looked at Sniffy but decided against picking him up. Ended up at Richmond. :P

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

And that was a mistake..... Oops

avid
Club Player

kosifantutti wrote:I can't see how we got it wrong with Davenport, Atkinson and Georgiou.

Between them they played 6 games of AFL after leaving St Kilda.

Worth noting that Devenport was traded for pick 17 which was Barry Hall. Hall was traded for pick 13 and a bit more. Dal was pick 13.
Wow! Devo ended up doing something good for the Saints!
These are the career threads -- through the traded players and picks -- that always need to be remembered.

Emotionally though, I still can't get over our dumping Deano Rice like we did, I loved him even when he played for carlton. Hated watching him in the wrong jumper.
Still quite upset about letting the "Pin" Matty Lappin go to Carlton too. He was sheer, weird genius at times. A bad loss for us -- a real waste of talent, that we had taken years to grow.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Thanks to those who replied and gave some insight.... Appreciated

I look back and wonder why.... And surely there was a reason I dont know that we oofloaded a player......And some question may have been answered....

Those usual F*** wits that offered nothing but a typical cheap shot from 'over the fence' that was pretty much expected. One thing that is predictable on this forum is a gutless swipe from some weak as piss apologists...that much I do know.

But, carry on regardless

I gave an opinion why some left because you asked why which suggested to me you didnt know why. You then basically said I was wrong. I then questioned why start a thread asking questions if you already have answers. You love potting the club. You love putting opinion as fact.

By the way who are the apologists and why did you start a thread asking why players left when you had answers in your opinion. By the way how is Matty Lappin going? Still playing cricket against this great guy?

asiu
Saintsational Legend

... you already had a bike Thinline ?
what you really wanted were wicketkeeping gloves.

.... loved gooie , from the moment he took out the pink pig.

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
To the top
SS Life Member

Rice did a knee and the opinion was that he would not be able to resume his career to the level of prior performances. Did some around the house work for some connected to the club and continued to do so after he left such was his reputation.

Lappin I would swear was half if not fully tanked when running onto the park - kicking the ground instead of the ball etc, etc. Was on another planet far, far too often.

Georgiou was too slow (went to SA for a stint I think playing with Norwood), Davenport was a beautiful kick for goal - rfemember Kenny screaming down to the boundary fence v. Collingwood and 80,000, paying out on Craig who responded by kicking a great goal from tight in the pocket to win th game? "Hollywood" type player.

Atkinson was smallish and went back to North Adelaide. We also got Jimmy K and Tony Antrobus, so there were plenty of comings and goings.

Gilbert McAdam was the real loss - wanting to return north. He was a class footballer and person.

Part of these equations is who came into the side to replace these players - and the impact they had.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Played cricket against Matty in 2000/2001 wouldn't know if he still played. I retired in 2010. Why did you have to ask twice?? Are you really that desperate to be a smartarse.... Maybe you'll get up to your usual tricks and mention it in every thread like its something that I care about.... Point about that was, people identified his 'wild ways' and I have met him, had a few beers after cricket with him and his team.... He seemed laid back, softly spoken and a nice fella. Interestingly, a left hand opener like me.

As far as answering my own questions.... I was adding what my impressions were At the time, and was seeking clarification.
For instance....Someone mention Gilbert McAdam as a 'go home' factor.... I understood he wasn't a queenslander.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote: Interestingly, a left hand opener like me.
I am sorry but NO .... absolutely not interesting at all!!!

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Played cricket against Matty in 2000/2001 wouldn't know if he still played. I retired in 2010. Why did you have to ask twice?? Are you really that desperate to be a smartarse.... Maybe you'll get up to your usual tricks and mention it in every thread like its something that I care about.... Point about that was, people identified his 'wild ways' and I have met him, had a few beers after cricket with him and his team.... He seemed laid back, softly spoken and a nice fella. Interestingly, a left hand opener like me.

As far as answering my own questions.... I was adding what my impressions were At the time, and was seeking clarification.
For instance....Someone mention Gilbert McAdam as a 'go home' factor.... I understood he wasn't a queenslander.

I have a feeling that the worst person in the world would struggle to get into trouble with a few beers against opposition players after cricket. Maybe if you went out after that then you could comment on his behaviour. I was very interested to find out you were a left handed opening bat. Sounds as interesting as finding out the Queens middle name.

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

plugger66 wrote:I was very interested to find out you were a left handed opening bat. Sounds as interesting as finding out the Queens middle name.
Alexandra Mary. But you already knew that. :wink:

Not sure how she prefers to hold a cricket bat though...

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Dave McNamara wrote:
plugger66 wrote:I was very interested to find out you were a left handed opening bat. Sounds as interesting as finding out the Queens middle name.
Alexandra Mary. But you already knew that. :wink:

Not sure how she prefers to hold a cricket bat though...
Best ask Prince Phillip - no doubt she has held his cricket bat many a time

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Matthew Carr was the one I thought was about the best potential of anyone on our list at the time we let him go. He looked like a potential gun and we seemed to open the gate and wave good bye.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

The Wakelins and of course Jamie Lamb

LENNY LEADS THE WAY
Club Player

Fraser Gehrig
Aaron Hamill
Luke Penny
Stephen Powell
Brett Voss
Jason Gram
Heath Black
Michael Gardiner
Adam Schneider
Sean Dempster

We've had a few go our way

Charlie Gardiner
Shane Birss
Barry Brooks
Aaron Fiora
Mark Mcgough
Damien Monkhurst

etc etc oh dear

100 percent behind the saints 100 percent of the time
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Sorry..but you really are obsessed with telling the world about every bad trade, every wrong draft pick, in the history of the Club arent you??

...and to call you on it makes me an apologist??

Wish you'd realise that every Club gets some right and some wrong and it tends to go in cycles

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Jack Austin.

Moorabbin Man
Club Player

BigMart wrote:StK have had their fair share of big trades Stewart/Ditterich/Lockett/Hall/Everitt...but does anyone know the reasons why we traded or delisted the following players......

A.Fletcher 23yo..... Went on to play another 200 games over 12 years and win a B&F and finish top 5 on 6 occasions
D.Rice 24yo..... A Premiership player at Carlton
D. Kickett 24yo.... Best and Fairest and Vice Captain at Freo
C.Davenport 27yo... To Carlton.... lasted 1 season for whatever reason, talented player
J.Danyels 22yo....... To Sydney and Back 3 seasons later
C. O'Brien 25yo ... To Sydney
B.Atkinson 21yo Delisted after 2 games and 1 season.... Back to Adelaide won a magary and was redrafted at 26
J.Georgiou 19yo Delisted after debuting as a 16yo. Won the Liston Trophy later with Frankston
M.Lappin 22yo........ Traded to Carlton played 8 more seasons
Gilbert McAdam 26yo Traded to Brisbane and played three more seasons
Danny Craven 25yo...... Traded to Brisbane and played three more seasons
I met 'Jack' Daniels (and his gorgeous sister) at a bar years ago and had a chat, he was still with the Swans at the time, but spoke fondly of the Saints. He told me he was squeezed out due to salary cap issues, then lo and behold a few months later Stan brought him back.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

I don't believe I mentioned trading anywhere..... BTW some clubs are better than others, Sydney for example have been brilliant. We have been a touch behind the ledger.

Interesting about Maaty being a Leftie, would you have said that? P66 you were never good at sport were you??

dragit
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:I don't believe I mentioned trading anywhere..... BTW some clubs are better than others, Sydney for example have been brilliant. We have been a touch behind the ledger.

Interesting about Maaty being a Leftie, would you have said that? P66 you were never good at sport were you??
He's no bigmart.

Do you play table tennis left handed also?

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

I reckon you do something left handed....

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Spose I am a bit of a wanker, bringing myself in to all of my posts, talking about my own footy & cricket careers etc

Oh hang on a sec, that would be you.

I am actually right handed, but I'm guessing no one on here could give a flying phark, just like your personal sporting memoirs... Spare us mate.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:I don't believe I mentioned trading anywhere..... BTW some clubs are better than others, Sydney for example have been brilliant. We have been a touch behind the ledger.

Excellent comment. How would know anything about what I have done sporting wise. Never mention it unlike you who continues to tell us what standard of footy and cricket you played. We have no proof if that is true but we can tell your ability to understand the game is very interesting to say the least. And the least said the better.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

You never did s***.... That can be taken from your comments...

And that I would bet my bottom dollar on. The closest you would have come to any contest would be watching it....

Me, I love sport.. At least played it at some level to have a competitive perspective.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:You never did s***.... That can be taken from your comments...

And that I would bet my bottom dollar on. The closest you would have come to any contest would be watching it....

Me, I love sport.. At least played it at some level to have a competitive perspective.

You are an arrogant little piece of s***. You have no idea about my sporting ability. Complete guess work and not a very good guess as per your AFL footy knowledge. You are pathetic.

And what has sporting ability got to do with anything anyway unless you are the high and mighty BM. reckon there could be plenty on here who havent done much sporting wise but have you covered on a couple of things. They are good people and have friends. 2 things you cant claim to have any knowledge of.