Changes for next week.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Re: Changes for next week.

You think Gram offers more than Ray? Just curious

“Yeah….nah””
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

On second thought, if Ray is going to be the sub I'd prefer they pick Cripps. Ray isn't really sub material

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:You think Gram offers more than Ray? Just curious

Please dont become a BM. I suppose you are asking me and the answer is yes and by a fair way.

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

Also prefer ray to gram - actually think gram would be a decent sub as he seems better suited to a shorter burst of involvement. Might also serve as a much needed reminder to him that we need him to play consistently hard over the full course. If he plays to potential then yes, he brings more than ray. But I haven't seen a true four quarter effort since he peaked in that game in 2009.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
defacto
Club Player

i would love to see ross, ledger, cripps, markworth get considered for a game. but we need to win it, so its a juggling act.

ray needs a full game. clarke was hard done by to be dropped.

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

defacto wrote:i would love to see ross, ledger, cripps, markworth get considered for a game. but we need to win it, so its a juggling act.

ray needs a full game. clarke was hard done by to be dropped.
With Raph I somehow suggest it is not about the amount of botches, it is about how elementary and plain 7 year old his botches are.

Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

plugger66 wrote:
Teflon wrote:Gram sub
Ray in

That is all

Gram was very good last night. Cant see that happening. If Ray is 22nd picked then he should be sub again.

Agree with Gram. One of his best games this season, if not his best.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

defacto wrote:
clarke was hard done by to be dropped.
Not really as we played one too many defenders the week game prior.

With Seven out we do not want to to replace him with a defender.

Ray deserves a full game.
Milera as Sub.

Id Saad's knee is sore then perhaps Newnes....or even Markworth

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Buckets
SS Life Member

What about Curren? Or Ross? Heck could Ledger even finally get a look in?

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

With Steven now out I really hope Ledger gets a gig. He deserves to be the next midfielder in line and I feel like we could be in trouble if we don't give him any senior opportunities and Ross Lyon (who really rates Ledger) comes and offers him a contract back home in WA.

SMS
Club Player

Out: steven (drunk)
In: ross

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Teflon wrote:You think Gram offers more than Ray? Just curious

Please dont become a BM. I suppose you are asking me and the answer is yes and by a fair way.
I won't become BM if you promise to not be yourself... Deal ?

On form, right now Ray is ahead of Gram who was ok but not super on Saturday as some make out to justify keeping him in.

IMO Ray offers exactly what Gram does but with added versatility to play a run with role if needed or take a grab. Gram can't do either.

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

mad saint guy wrote:With Steven now out I really hope Ledger gets a gig. He deserves to be the next midfielder in line and I feel like we could be in trouble if we don't give him any senior opportunities and Ross Lyon (who really rates Ledger) comes and offers him a contract back home in WA.

Will be interesting to see who gets a gig but I'd also give Leger a run..

“Yeah….nah””
SaintWodonga
Club Player

Stevens out - Newnes in?

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

As correctly pointed out above, Jack Steven has to be replaced. Markworth is the best performed youngster at the moment, but is he a mid?
I dont think Milera could fill Steven's shoes, but then again he will probably come in for Saad.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:IMO Ray offers exactly what Gram does but with added versatility to play a run with role if needed or take a grab. Gram can't do either.
surely you should consider the role gram's playing?

gram's had a very specific role the last few weeks, playing on a small-medium forward. he's been given some licence to rebound but essentially it's an accountable role. douglas in the adelaide game, thomas against the roos, reimers on the weekend. in general i think he's done a pretty good job and i'm not sure ray can perform the same small-medium defender role.

assuming kosi and steven are both out, and we want to keep the same structure, then we need a tall forward/ruck and a midfielder.

not many options for the tall guy - lever and staley have only played a couple of sandy games and ferguson's not a forward or ruckman. so archer would have to be the man to come in as we need a second ruck option.

then a midfielder - ray is obviously in the box seat for that. then we need a sub or 22nd man. milera needs a week or two at sandy, for mine, so i'd expect to see newnes come in as the sub.

IN: Archer, Newnes
OUT: Koschitzke, Steven

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
Teflon wrote:IMO Ray offers exactly what Gram does but with added versatility to play a run with role if needed or take a grab. Gram can't do either.
surely you should consider the role gram's playing?

gram's had a very specific role the last few weeks, playing on a small-medium forward. he's been given some licence to rebound but essentially it's an accountable role. douglas in the adelaide game, thomas against the roos, reimers on the weekend. in general i think he's done a pretty good job and i'm not sure ray can perform the same small-medium defender role.

assuming kosi and steven are both out, and we want to keep the same structure, then we need a tall forward/ruck and a midfielder.

not many options for the tall guy - lever and staley have only played a couple of sandy games and ferguson's not a forward or ruckman. so archer would have to be the man to come in as we need a second ruck option.

then a midfielder - ray is obviously in the box seat for that. then we need a sub or 22nd man. milera needs a week or two at sandy, for mine, so i'd expect to see newnes come in as the sub.

IN: Archer, Newnes
OUT: Koschitzke, Steven
How would you honestly know Gram had 'specific shut down' with a different brief to his normal game unless u were in the inner sanctum??

Ray has played defense before and performed exceptionally well in specific shut down jobs - to suggest he can't play this 'mystery role Gram is supposed to be doing is ludicrous.

I agree Ray can also play mid - which Gram has shown he can't, and so a likely spot is there.... but again pure fantasy to suggest Ray is not a viable alternative down back..

“Yeah….nah””
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

No way will Gram be tipped out on the performance surely?

Congrats to him on his 150th

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:No way will Gram be tipped out on the performance surely?

Congrats to him on his 150th
No chance - clearly BOG for mine and his first stint on Hurley then to single handedly out point Watson was immense..... We talking last weeks game yer??

“Yeah….nah””
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:How would you honestly know Gram had 'specific shut down' with a different brief to his normal game unless u were in the inner sanctum??
i dunno, don't you just watch the game and realise that he's standing next to the same guy all day? seemed pretty obvious to me but i guess if you've already taken a set against him then you might not notice.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
Teflon wrote:How would you honestly know Gram had 'specific shut down' with a different brief to his normal game unless u were in the inner sanctum??
i dunno, don't you just watch the game and realise that he's standing next to the same guy all day? seemed pretty obvious to me but i guess if you've already taken a set against him then you might not notice.
Oh you mean who he lines up against? Well yes, that's vitally important because apparently from that you can nowadays draw long bow conclusions like 'he's playing a special new secretive role....'

I just saw Gram down back where he normally is... but I defer to your inner sanctum knowledge...

“Yeah….nah””
noob
Club Player

Out: Steven
In: Either Clarke or Newnes

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Ray full game and Markworth in as the sub. He was emergency last weekend so he's close.

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

I would like to see Markworth at Senior level. It is time we blooded another youngster.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:I just saw Gram down back where he normally is... but I defer to your inner sanctum knowledge...
nah, no inner sanctum knowledge. but you acknowledge that he was playing down back "where he normally is" - so he's obviously got a role in defence. farren ray has rarely ever lined up in defence so doesn't that suggest that he wouldn't easily fill that role?