My turn to turn on Kosi

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

noob
Club Player

Re: My turn to turn on Kosi

Adds no forward pressure at all when this is one of the main keys of winning a match in todays game.

defacto
Club Player

3rd generation saint wrote:There is one reason why Kosi is in the team, neither Sipposs, Wilkes and others cannot give Ben a break from the ruck.
Interesting last night, the only time kosi looked good last night was when BJ kicked it up high and to his advantage where he could run and jump at it.
Unfortunately, it seems a lot of our players don't seem to remember this often enough.
They did it against Hawthorn where he took 4 or 5 telling pack contested marks in the forward line.
Look, Kosi is coming to the end, there is no doubt about him, and despite the fact we are no more than likely going to miss the eight, we haven't had a bad year, we haven't been smashed by anyone. We go to games still thinking we are chance to win.
Last year I was so frustrated with how we played, despite the winning, but that was it, we we're just winning. This year when we win we win big, hence why we have such a superior percentage to any side up to 5th spot.
But, as with Kosi, and many other players we have, I remember a comment made about the Eagles in the late 90's. The names are the same, but they are not the same players.
So until Stanley comes back into the side, Kosi will keep playing for team balance. Even if Stanley does come back, he probably still stays in, because he can than just stay down in the goal square, which means the opposition have to keep a player on him.
go look at the stats.

kozi last night had 4 hit outs. lenny hayes had 2. so we give up selection on developing a younger player or selecting another players whos form in the vfl warrants selection for 2 MORE HIT OUTS!!!

last week wilkes had roughly the same amount of hit outs as kozi gets week in week out.

your argument just does not hold up. kozi is not a ruck, hes not a resting ruck and at the moment he is not a fwd.

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

So who else rucks, or do we keep Ben on the ball 100% of the game and risk giving him a permanent injury that takes down our only real ruckman.
Yes Kosi's stats suck, though he is still our third highest goalkicker for the year, not bad for a sucking AFL player.
I am basically agreeing with most here that Kosi's time is coming to an end, but we have to have a replacement first, that will come hopefully in trade week and the draft.
This is the first of our transitional years, between the group that have been successful in a silver medal kind of way, and the next group that will hopefully get that elusive gold.
This is where we hope Pelchen and co can duplicate what they have done at Hawthorn and make that turn around as short as possible.
Finally, back to my first sentence, it was that kind of thinking ten odd years ago that probably gave Kosi is probably permanent back problems because he was poorly managed.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
matrix
Saintsational Legend

maybe we should all answer you the way you usually do plugger

are you a coach?
do you know what he is asked to do?
maybe he performs to what the coach wants?

maybe you shouldnt comment when you have no idea about football??

isnt that what you usually sprout out???

defacto
Club Player

3rd generation saint wrote:So who else rucks, or do we keep Ben on the ball 100% of the game and risk giving him a permanent injury that takes down our only real ruckman.
Yes Kosi's stats suck, though he is still our third highest goalkicker for the year, not bad for a sucking AFL player.
I am basically agreeing with most here that Kosi's time is coming to an end, but we have to have a replacement first, that will come hopefully in trade week and the draft.
This is the first of our transitional years, between the group that have been successful in a silver medal kind of way, and the next group that will hopefully get that elusive gold.
This is where we hope Pelchen and co can duplicate what they have done at Hawthorn and make that turn around as short as possible.
Finally, back to my first sentence, it was that kind of thinking ten odd years ago that probably gave Kosi is probably permanent back problems because he was poorly managed.
being third is hardly something he can hang his hat on. when we have a pretty good spread of goal kickers.

kozi is only 4 goals ahead of saad. saad has played 5 less games as well.

then theres the free kick count. kozi has conceded 24 for frees against, only 15 for. saad has 12 against, 11 for.

its damning.

like i said, it doesnt matter if kozi rucks because his ruck stats are terrible. put gilbert, wilkes in and the hit outs wont change much. the argument that he needs to play to support mcevoy just doesnt hold water.

andrewg
Club Player

Best thing for us if he gets four weeks at MRP

defacto
Club Player

andrewg wrote:Best thing for us if he gets four weeks at MRP
i'd be happier with 3. gives him a farewell game. need to handle it in the right way, but he cannot remain on our list next year.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

as 3GS said - with Rhys out - Wilkes might be a better option than Kosi fwd - But he cant pinch in the reuck - So Kosi simply is in by default...

At 1/4 time a pies fan mate texted me and said the pies had 19 players on the ground (i assumed he meant the umps) - when i asked what he meant he replied that he thought kosi was playing for the pies.

Cant wait for Rhys to string some games together and maybe Wilkes to get a shot at FF.

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Witches hat. Slow, Not Agile, Dumb, Cant ruck. No Second efforts. Time is up, really cant hold on too him next year. His height and injuries are the only thing keeping him in.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:maybe we should all answer you the way you usually do plugger

are you a coach?

Sorry but i fail to see where i said he should be dropped or asked why he is picked. Just said he was pathetic. Please stick to the topic and tell us what you thought of kosi's last few games.

Beekay
SS Life Member

are you a coach?

Too true.

Plugski you're a tosser. I'd call you a wimpy fence sitter, but truth is.. you're worse.

This thread could have been posted two years ago.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Beekay wrote:

are you a coach?

Too true.

Plugski you're a tosser.

This thread could have been posted two years ago.

Yes sorry for that. It takes a while before i realise a guy just cant play anymore.

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Funny seeing you all have a go at Plugger. If you read his post, you realise he knows alot about the game.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

please please could anyone with the ability to post video "the" moment where Kosi himself believes the game has passed him
5:30 to go in the last Dunnell chips it to the flank and pendlebury spoils the ball in front of kosi
kosi just walks accross the boundary, head down deflated
for me, with the game on the line, it wasnt a good look

Seeya
battye
Saintsational Legend

Play Kosi out of the goal square and make him a true FF.
And I think that was the idea when we had Stanley as a backup ruckman. But circumstances change.

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote:please please could anyone with the ability to post video "the" moment where Kosi himself believes the game has passed him
5:30 to go in the last Dunnell chips it to the flank and pendlebury spoils the ball in front of kosi
it's just after this:

http://www.gameanalyser.afl.com.au/?rou ... ality=high

not a great look, but i suppose the ball was out of play.

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

bergholt wrote:
sunsaint wrote:please please could anyone with the ability to post video "the" moment where Kosi himself believes the game has passed him
it's just after this:

http://www.gameanalyser.afl.com.au/?rou ... ality=high

not a great look, but i suppose the ball was out of play.
yeah it was, but only in retrospect, as NDS played on like it wasnt
Kosi with his back to the play, had no idea either way

Seeya
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

I'm a strong supporter of Kosi .. I love the bloke and defend him pretty much all the time against these kind of threads but to be honest there was something up with him the last fewgames they say when the end comesit comes very quickly an I feel for Kosi because from my point of view the mind is willing but the body isn't .. He does cop a hell of a lot of criticism mostly uncalled for but I fear the longer he goes the more called for the criticism will be

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Still amazed after all the scragging and blocking not one free was given to Kosi. Pathetic umpiring.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Funny how the point wher Kosi could be in trouble for the head contact you can clearly see his arm being held yet there was not one comment about that ... Down the other end Gwilt does it to Dawes it's a free kick and the commentators talk up how gwilt is intimidated by Dawes size ...

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:Funny how the point wher Kosi could be in trouble for the head contact you can clearly see his arm being held yet there was not one comment about that ... Down the other end Gwilt does it to Dawes it's a free kick and the commentators talk up how gwilt is intimidated by Dawes size ...
Yep how blatant was that? I watched Brown every time the ball was about to come in. He immediatley grabs Kosi and infringes.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

5 weeks, 4 with an early plea, his season is done.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

His names not Steven Baker !!! 2 weeks max for that

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

3rd generation saint wrote:
the only time kosi looked good last night was when BJ kicked it up high and to his advantage where he could run and jump at it.
Unfortunately, it seems a lot of our players don't seem to remember this often enough.

....and there is the rub. Kosi is a one trick pony now.

He can't really lead.

He cannot hold his ground even against smaller opponents

His one trick is the run and jump pack mark. that is just way too one dimensional in today's football.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

3rd generation saint wrote:the only time kosi looked good last night was when BJ kicked it up high and to his advantage where he could run and jump at it.
They did it against Hawthorn where he took 4 or 5 telling pack contested marks in the forward line.
I agree with this point.

Which is why you'd much rather the ball in a BJ, Lenny or Dals hands.

It's a seperate issue, but it was quite funny how many times the guys kicked to Clint when he played forward in the last, maybe Kosi should bleach his hair?